The world of Wez :)

What's Hot

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I had a look at your website the other day as it happens - you've made some beautiful stuff.

The blue fanned-fret Vendetta, in particular... I would sell both my arms for that one. As counter-productive as that may sound.

Holy Christ.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27508
    Bucket said:

The blue fanned-fret Vendetta, in particular... I would sell both my arms for that one. As counter-productive as that may sound.

Shall I post some more pics of that, just to really make it painful for you ??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27001
    edited August 2013
    I properly adore the cherry Firebird 1. If you ever fancy doing a 3 I'd be very interested

And you need a pic of this one, even if you didn't do the woody cutty bits :)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I do love the way that one turned out. Wez took it from a (light) hunk of wood, and turned it into a beaut.

My dibs still stands btw! :D
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27001
    edited August 2013
    I do love the way that one turned out. Wez took it from a (light) hunk of wood, and turned it into a beaut.

My dibs still stands btw! :D
    And it's still never gonna happen :p

Trouble is I really have too many sentimental guitars to rescue in case of fire. And from the 42nd floor I'm not going to do 2 trips if it happens!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MistergMisterg Frets: 333
    Some lovely Firebirds among that lot! (shame about the b****y) - have a wow.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72345
    Some quality work there!

I like the metal-leaf finish Strat/Tele thing, the Wezo-Sonic and the Japanese battle flag Explorer, and the Gibsonesque fretless bass.

Most of the others are not my thing, although they look great :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• WezVWezV Frets: 16676
    The fretless bass was great actually.  made it as a through neck for stability.  the thunderbird pickup came from a 1976 gibson and the neck pickup was an old dimarzio

it had some crazy wiring too.   
    6-way rotary to give-
    1. Dimarzio in series
    2. Dimarzio in parallel
    3. Dimarzio in parallel with thunderbird in series
    4. Dimarzio in parallel with thunderbird in parallel
    5. Dimarzio in series with thundrbird in series
    6. Thunderbird only

Master volume
    Master tone
    Push/pull to activate/bypass an active pre-amp circuit
    Centre notched treble + - 15dB at 6kHz
    Centre notched bass + - 15dB at 40Hz

bit of a volume jump between 4 and 5 but other than that i was quite happy with myself for getting it to work

34" scale on a gibson style bass really works for me though... and it still balances on a strap just fine.   really i just love the massive unadulterated expanse of ebony
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    I have a Fernandes Ravelle, I love it immensely. I look at your Ravelle inspired guitars and feel quite ill (in the OMG, want, manner).
  • How is business going are you doing mostly repairs or do you have a fair few orders on the go?
    Old Is Gold
    edited August 2013
    I would hesitate to use the word "business".    I now have a lot less time due to my other career and my baby girl, but i still fill all the spare time i have with guitar work.   I normally have 2 or 3 full builds on the go moving at a snailspace and take on various repairs as they come in, generally i stick to stuff that interests me or helps a mate out

I have no intention of becoming a full time guitar builder

of course, this means i am able to take on stuff other people wouldn't touch because it may not be profitable.    the steinberger conversion is a good example of this.  I am sure someone else would have been willing to do it, but would they have done it at a price that made it viable???
  • Given how busy you are, I hesitate to ask this, but would you be able to help me with this -

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/502/fretting#latest

If you let me know how much it would be, I can pay in genuine beer tokens, I'm not asking you to do it for nowt, but I'm on a budget.

Oh, and providing you promise not to laugh at the rest of the guitar. I don't have your skillz (or any skillz, come to that).
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Wow, seriously impressive work! I'm so in awe I'm not even going to make a joke about "My biggest hurdle was getting wood."

I have no problem with that after seeing all these pictures, Christ almighty.
    My V key is broken
  • bluenosebluenose Frets: 22

Wow ! A Rangers Tele  >:D<
    Bet it sounds amazing too.

Not sure about the green one next to it though :| , it doesn't work at all i'm afraid, and no doubt has an inferior tone too.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72345
    Lol

Just don't leave them alone in the same room and out of their cases, they'll spontaneously combust or something :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I didn't know what I was getting into.   I asked Mike Lennon if he would do the Celtic one, he works in Stirling and is a Rangers fan... we ended up with a pair :)  
  • bluenosebluenose Frets: 22

WezV said:
    I didn't know what I was getting into.   I asked Mike Lennon if he would do the Celtic one, he works in Stirling and is a Rangers fan... we ended up with a pair :)  
    Not a labour of love for Mike then .

We're they commisioned ?
    ICBM said:
    Lol

Just don't leave them alone in the same room and out of their cases, they'll spontaneously combust or something :).

>:D<  
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    This thread and this subforum are officially cool as. I really enjoy this kind of thing. Love the fanfret in blue.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    bluenose;7479" said:
    Wow ! A Rangers Tele  >:D
    Not if that criminal low life Charles Green has been near it. I used to work with him. He's a dodgy conman.

well i finally have some time to get some stuff done

this one is now ready for posting:

and the other steinberger mini V is progressing as well

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom