The world of Wez :)

What's Hot
1222324252628»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27509
    WezV said:
    I have more honduran mahogany neck wood than i know what to do with at the moment!!
    Are you asking for suggestions??

;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16676
    not really, I don't need to decide how to use all of it right away :)

I'm just happy to have a sustainable source of good quality old stock Honduran Mahogany. it shows the stuff is still out there going unused, albeit its getting rarer to find stocks like this. I have not had to actively look for this, just bore a lot of people about wood over the years and hope 1 or 2 of them remember

it may only sustain me, but this lot will keep me going for a good long while

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV said:
    I have more honduran mahogany neck wood than i know what to do with at the moment!!

Maybe making a few of these would clear some space in the wood store?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/j7QOtut606s/maxresdefault.jpg

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I would need maple for that :P
  • Just found this, am looking to build a Zemaitis style guitar. Do you by any chance have template outlines available?
    No, I made my own and whilst they are Z inspired they are in no way accurate

when I do want to make templates I print a full size picture of a guitar, stick it onto some mdf and work from their.  
  • Any ideas where a full size picture of a Zemaitis can be found, I have tried several resizes but having trouble getting reasonably accurate,
    nah, i normally find any straight on picture and enlarge based on known measurements such as the scale length and pickup dimensions

but I am only ever aiming for "inspired by" rather than exact replicas so its never something I worry about too much
    WezV said:
    the floyd to hardtail conversion is nearly ready for paint.   I have all the structural work done so time for a test fit of parts

it will be getting new black hardware  on it when its done, which I do have here but best to test fit with older bits.  Obviously it won't have a bridge on the back, that was just for the test fit as once those ferrules are in they are very hard to get out

got to make a little triangle of wood to go behind the new nut and fill the floyd shelf... then its a bit more sanding and off it goes for paint
    time to revive this thread as almost a year later its actually all finished.   lots of issues getting the finish to work, but it did on the 4th or 5th attempt.... yellow of blue crackle was a daft idea, but we did get it to work in the end, albeit slightly more green for obvious reasons

Anyway, that is probably the most 80's guitar you will see today  :)
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

imageimage

a reminder of the starting point.   the two tone crackle of the originals now makes a hell of a lot of sense from a spraying perspective!!
  • WezV said:
    WezV said:
    the floyd to hardtail conversion is nearly ready for paint.   I have all the structural work done so time for a test fit of parts

it will be getting new black hardware  on it when its done, which I do have here but best to test fit with older bits.  Obviously it won't have a bridge on the back, that was just for the test fit as once those ferrules are in they are very hard to get out

got to make a little triangle of wood to go behind the new nut and fill the floyd shelf... then its a bit more sanding and off it goes for paint
    time to revive this thread as almost a year later its actually all finished.   lots of issues getting the finish to work, but it did on the 4th or 5th attempt.... yellow of blue crackle was a daft idea, but we did get it to work in the end, albeit slightly more green for obvious reasons

Anyway, that is probably the most 80's guitar you will see today  :)

Oh Wow, that Looks Amazing. sorry About Weird Capitalisation. Phone does This Sometines. . . 
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    Damm i love that (id have stuck with the floyd as a personal pref) i used to lust after one of these washburns when i was 13-14 and at that time i didn't even play guitar!

Great work of the crackle refinish,i have some rattle cans of this stuff on ebay watch and i'll have a crack at it sometime next year once the weather clears up