Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Ashes Winter 2017/18 Thread

What's Hot
1789101113»

Comments

• Too many top order players getting starts and then failing. I watched until Cook was out last night. The first 3 wickets were all shots that didn't need to be played. Stoneman and Vince both going after deliveries missing the stumps by miles and Cook playing across the line on a straight one. All three looked comfortable, in and well set. Very frustrating.

Pitch looks good for batting, should be taking 450+ but it won't be. We'll be all out by lunchtime tomorrow and on the back foot. 

Two spinners will be carted around for a day and a half. 4-0

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    I think, unike the black knight from Holy Grail, it's time to say they've won this one. This is no flesh wound

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

VimFuego said:
    I think, unike the black knight from Holy Grail, it's time to say they've won this one. This is no flesh wound
    But if we win a meaningless batch of ODIs then there are many in the upper echelons of the game who will see that as a success.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • And if we win the next World Cup, it will make those upper echelons feel they were correct to push the limited overs game forward at the expense of first class and Test cricket.

just wait until the 10over shit starts getting popular. It’s like watching fast5 netball. 

• Woeful. This is the final word from me. Too depressing. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Please close this thread and put it out of it’s misery. 

Stupid little urn anyway let let the Fosters swigging fools keep it. C’mon the summer!

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    For all the doom and gloom, I have to say James Anderson deserves some praise.  Only went for 56 runs off of 34 overs, and was bowling at 87mph with the third new ball.
    Just heard on the news that Root's in hospital with dehydration, the shits and other symptoms of the effects of too much heat.

We need to play the Ashes in May and freeze the Aussies to defeat.
  • scrumhalf said:
    We need to play the Ashes in May and freeze the Aussies to defeat.
    May?  January/ February might do it - fun for all the family - bowling on ice.
    Even if Stokes had been involved I don't think it would have changed the result by ore than one game.
    Ho hum..
    (If  I can still say Ho hum without being misunderstood)
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    Stokes would have made a difference.  Overton and Curran look to have good character, but their bowling isn't nearly as penetrating.  He's a brilliant fielder as well.  It's his batting that could have changed things though.  He might be the second best batsmen we have.  Australia have their weaknesses - like a 4 man bowling attack - but we didn't bat long enough to wear them down.

We would probably have lost anyway.  Stokes would have had to had a monumental series (Botham 81 kind of thing) for us to have won, but we will never know how much difference he would have made.