The Fractal Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6897
    ^ same here. I’m surprised that sometimes other peoples presets sound different with my guitar/playing/ headphones, so also like tweaking to see how to get them back sounding like the original clips.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2175
    I’ll see if I can find an easy way to share the preset. 
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    Why don’t we set up a Dropbox and drop the presets into there?
    welshboyo said:
    Not a bad shout, that. 
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1442
    Ive done similar for Kemper tones
  • Got to say ive just acquired an FX iii. Its a different league altogether compared to kemper and quad cortex.   The standard presets are superb and the compainion software excellent.  Really pleased with it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Got to say ive just acquired an FX iii. It’s a different league altogether compared to kemper and quad cortex.   The standard presets are superb and the compainion software excellent.  Really pleased with it
    Just wait until you have it dialled in. It only gets better from here, believe me. :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    welshboyo said:

I'd be happy to share - I always assume mine wouldn't be of any use to anyone else but you never know
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    If Fractal did a proper replacement for  the FX8, they’d sell stacks of the things, to those of us who prefer real amps but we’re impressed by the fx section 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepy said:
    If Fractal did a proper replacement for  the FX8, they’d sell stacks of the things, to those of us who prefer real amps but we’re impressed by the fx section 
    Yup and make a rack version this time for us weirdos.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    Is anyone on here using the latest firmware release on the AxeFx3? 

I'm not usually that fussed about firmware releases but I'm looking forward to this one reaching the FM9 for the gapless switching and the new reverbs, which from the demos I've seen sound very lush indeed.

Would be interested to hear the thoughts of anyone on here running it
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    I had a look at 24 beta 1, and reverted to 23. I don’t normally take new software until it’s had at least two weeks to settle in, and the early betas had a few problems. 

The new reverbs do sound interesting, although at the level I run them they’d be barely audible. I am looking forward to the Gold Plate, with the increased pickup spacing which Leon demos at around 8:00 in his latest video:

https://youtu.be/9W-okoec_e4?si=aZgfOxrAWgr5pNWz

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • sweepy said:
    The Megatap on its own would be enough to make me part with some major money. 

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2417
    Am I the only one who's confused as to why you would purchase these new DynaCab IR packs....? The AFX3 already contains several DynaCabs of these packs - i.e. the 1960 TV - with the ability to use multiple mics across any position of the speaker.

So, what's the point of these cabs? Why would you purchase them if you have an AFX3?

Cliff's response of "dust off your wallet, cheapskate" on the official forums to someone who questioned them doesn't exactly answer the question....
  • FarleyUK said:
    Cliff's response of "dust off your wallet, cheapskate" on the official forums to someone who questioned them doesn't exactly answer the question....
    Such a cunty response.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    FarleyUK said:
    Such a cunty response.
    At least he's remaining true to form I guess....!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:
    Such a cunty response.
    That was in response to people asking for free DYNA cab data to use with the free software, so i agree with him. You can use it for normal IRs without buying DYNA CABs.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Such a cunty response.
    That was in response to people asking for free DYNA cab data to use with the free software, so i agree with him. You can use it for normal IRs without buying DYNA CABs.

Ah well in that case, I retract my previous comment. Fair enough.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    mrkb said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Such a cunty response.

Ah, my bad - I thought there was the question of why pay for it when you have them in the AFX3 anyway...

The question still stands though - anyone know what benefit it would have to purchase these dynacabs?
    edited November 2023
    Theyre for different uses.

The CabLab software uses Dynacab files that have more data in them (145k per cab rather than 17k for 39 cabs in the AXeFX3) - thats more mics (currently 6 - can be expanded and more speakers per cab). It can be used as standalone, with a DAW, or mix with any other user owned IR and exported as one IR for AxeFx (so saving CPU). Can also capture IRs using AxeFX3 HW in a more user friendly way. Some of these tools are more useful for FM3 and FM9 users (which have more limited CPU and cab IR capability). But it needs additional Dynacabs or standard IRs purchasing to use.  Third parties can make and sell dynacabs format files.

AxeFX Dynacabs are smaller files, with fewer mics (Only 4), and fewer mic positions and slightly lower resolution/length. Only usable in AxeFx presets, and can use more CPU depending on how many are used in the Cab block. They cant be mixed into one IR to use in other presets (But you can save the cab block as a Favourite to recall using AxeEdit), and can only be used on the hardware unit.  No third party dynacabs files can be imported into the unit.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom