Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar Picks

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Looks like folk will never tyre of Dunlop. 

I’ll get my coat.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7826
    thegummy said:
    Paul_C said:

Jim Dunlop Nylon .60 with lots of holes made with an awl (actually a sharpened screwdriver) for a bit more grip, and cut to a point.

Thought you said owl.

Could just picture a wee luthier owl with wee round glasses and a stewmac apron

httpsiimgurcom3kGWYMmgif

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

Pink Dunlop ones.

Nobody is going to steal a pink pick!

• DominicDominic Frets: 16138
    Pick snake 3.5 mm .................weird but great when you get used to them
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 335
    Dunlop Gator grip 2.00
  • Pickboy nylon 70 for acoustic and ceramic for electric, been using them for 20+ years though getting rare in the UK so just ordered 50 of each from plectrum-online.nl  brilliant company to deal with
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5178
    Thin and flappy for me usually.. Anything over .80 just looses sparkle for me. Thin picks just make a Strat come alive...  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4868
    edited January 2018
    Used to use the regular red and EJ Jazz III's and liked them, then I got some Gravity ones but they squeak almost on the strings so I got fed up with them. They also wore out too quickly for the cost. Went back to Jazz III and III XLs before finding the Planet Waves Black Ice in Heavy and X Heavy. They are in between a normal Jazz and the XL in size, last longer and feel better in the hand for me so thats my no 1 choice now.

I have tried the Hawk picks TB4 and Rabea, very similar to the Jazzers and the Black Ice but silly money given they don't last a great deal longer.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1486
    edited January 2018
    I got into the Red Bear picks and had a lot of them custom made to match my John Pearse Studio picks, which are an offset pick that I've used since John gave me a bag of them at NAMM in the early 90's, and an old real tortoise shell pick that I've had since the 80's for acoustic.  However, even with a large order discount, they were really expensive and John Pearse came out with a similar pick (Fast Turtles), for about half the price.  I use both now, the Studio for playing live and the Fast Turtles at home and for recording.  I still have a few Red Bears for acoustic too.

Buy Discount John Pearse Fast Turtles Tortoise Guitar Pick On Sale Online and SaveJohn Pearse Studio Flat Pick Heavy Blue One Pick