Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAMM Marshall

What's Hot

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    another year, another Marshall disappointment. I want to buy a Marshall....but nothing seems good, ever
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I'm getting the 20w Origin, fuck it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    There seems to be a 15w combo now as well, bit strange. Maybe the 20w will have a 12'' speaker and the 15 a 10''?
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    Looks like these a cheapened 15w in the mix as well....rear photos show it's got a different 10" speaker to the 20w combo.  They all should have been 12" speaker ...but then the bean counters say no.
  • darcym said:
    another year, another Marshall disappointment. I want to buy a Marshall....but nothing seems good, ever
    totally agree, i couldnt be any more NOT blown away by what im witnessing so far
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    photek said:
    There seems to be a 15w combo now as well, bit strange. Maybe the 20w will have a 12'' speaker and the 15 a 10''?
    andyoz said:
    Looks like these a cheapened 15w in the mix as well....rear photos show it's got a different 10" speaker to the 20w combo.  They all should have been 12" speaker ...but then the bean counters say no.
    It's a typo, meant to be a 5 watter.
    darcym said:
    totally agree, i couldnt be any more NOT blown away by what im witnessing so far
    What's wrong with the mini plexi?
    5w Makes more sense
    Stick me in an order for a Origin 20w Head please @TonyGTR :)
  • randellarandella Frets: 4176
    darcym said:
    I'm more tempted than ever to go back to a Marshall - the new DSLs look good, these Origin things could be a goer, I'd have a mini-Jubilee no problem.

Even if you don't like any of those, they make brand-new carbon copies of every decent amp on their books, right up to the JCM900.
    Anyone know what the footswitch does, activeate the gain boost?
    edited January 2018
    Yep, the 20w head seems to be the pick of the bunch...not liking the front panel aesthetics though (or the name/logo)

Is the Footswitch input for a boost?
  • randella said:
    darcym said:
    I'm more tempted than ever to go back to a Marshall - the new DSLs look good, these Origin things could be a goer, I'd have a mini-Jubilee no problem.

Even if you don't like any of those, they make brand-new carbon copies of every decent amp on their books, right up to the JCM900.
    the jcm900 was not a decent amp
    photek said:
    Anyone know what the footswitch does, activeate the gain boost?
    andyoz said:
    Yep, the 20w head seems to be the pick of the bunch...not liking the front panel aesthetics though (or the name/logo)

Is the Footswitch input for a boost?
    Yes
    Hopefully the switch to Vietnam lets them recover a bit as making stuff in England must really have hurt (..and had the bean counters working overtime to penny pinch components).
  • randellarandella Frets: 4176
    randella said:
    darcym said:

Is there an amp you do like?
  • All looks just a little bit shit
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • randella said:
    randella said:
    darcym said:

Is there an amp you do like?
    you thinking the 900 was good surprises me as they were awful amps, the 2204 800 head pissed all over the 900 range.
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    edited January 2018
    I think they're great!  The Mini Jube is a belter and UK make, but therefore the price was more than some people wanted to pay.  I always thought it was incredibly reasonable at £779.

The DSL20 and Origin 20 are likely to have the same back end as the Jube (two EL34s, cathode biased) which is a perfect gigging platform.  Choose which pre-amp you want and away you go.

All pub band players should be rejoicing, you've now got the perfect volume level amp (with proper EL34s) for:

60s/70s tones - Origin 20
    80s/90s tones - Mini Jube
    Modern tones - DSL 20
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • i await a demo of the origin 20 head with interest