Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAMM Marshall

What's Hot

Comments

• rico said:
    TTBZ said:
    Not the most in-depth demo of all time but I really think it sounds ace. Can we assume a proper series FX loop?
    That jet city loop bullshit got real tedious, too hot, slightly lower, not sure, definitely too hot, not sure if you need a loop corrector, do need a corrector......yaaaaaaaaawwwn

Ive ordered an origin ,20 head tonight, perfect small gig / home use volume and looking forward to giving it a blast !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2900
    edited January 2018
    rico said:
    TTBZ said:
    Not the most in-depth demo of all time but I really think it sounds ace. Can we assume a proper series FX loop?
    Out of interest what would you want to see more/less of? I've tried to keep the new demos concise and to the point with a few core tones/features with a variety of guitars, as I hate wading through long demo videos where they demonstrate the range of each control etc. I wanted to include boosting with a few different types of overdrive but for some reason we weren't allowed to show other manufacturers! I also wanted to include the 20 head in the vid but it felt kinda pointless since they all sound basically the same, and theres no matching cab for this series. Sounds great through my H30/V30 2x12 :)

I think it's a series loop but will have to double check tomorrow.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think I’ll snag an origin 20 head. Is the delivery date around the end of Feb for these?
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    Very interesting and sound great to me.
  • There is a guy in a yt clip claiming the advertising for the origin 20 and ,50 heads have got mixed up and the 20w is not 2 x el34 as advertised and its only the 50w that is. I nearly fainted as i detest el84 amps and have pmed ttbz to verify that yt guy is wrong and the 20w does have el34s, waiting to see what he says.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • phew, ttbz got back to me, its only the 5w that is el84, yt guy is talking outta his rear end  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31600
    There is a guy in a yt clip claiming the advertising for the origin 20 and ,50 heads have got mixed up and the 20w is not 2 x el34 as advertised and its only the 50w that is. I nearly fainted as i detest el84 amps and have pmed ttbz to verify that yt guy is wrong and the 20w does have el34s, waiting to see what he says.
    So why on earth we're you banging on about infinitesimal details of 20w Jet City loops when they're all EL84 amps anyway?  

I assumed from the beginning that the 20w/EL34 Marshall thing was a typo, I can't imagine why they'd do that. 
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 877
    edited January 2018
    https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/marshall-ori20h-origin-20-watt-all-valve-amp-head
    You can see they are too wide on the back panel image here
  • 20 watt head could be amazing! El34s, and hopefully a vintage (read: plexi or jtm45) preamp. That's all anyone wants!

Shame about that nasty graphic... But everything else seems great. Wish the combos had better speakers, but I suppose it's priced to sell... I just think an extra 50 or 70 quid for a greenback would go down well. 
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    The demo of the origin is great in my opinion. Simple, good playing and a mix of sounds. Would have been nice to see the footswitch in action but it’s the same as the pull gain control so no biggie. Cleans are really nice too.
  • im so looking forward to smashing the input with my maxon od808 set to gain off and volume full, select neck pickup and go for it, might even play yngwies descending e harmonic minor just for the novelty ..... =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4176
    20 watt head could be amazing!

Could be!

hopefully a vintage (read: plexi or jtm45) preamp. That's all anyone wants!
    Ah. 
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    p90fool said:
    So why on earth we're you banging on about infinitesimal details of 20w Jet City loops when they're all EL84 amps anyway?  

I assumed from the beginning that the 20w/EL34 Marshall thing was a typo, I can't imagine why they'd do that. 

It's no typo. The 20 watters use 2 EL34s running a lower voltage just as in the mini Jubilees.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • randella said:
    20 watt head could be amazing!

Could be!

hopefully a vintage (read: plexi or jtm45) preamp. That's all i wants!
    Ah. 

Fixed that for myself... 

;) 

If it's well built and has the classic plexish tone, as well as a boost to go a bit more modern... It'll sell by the truckload. 
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    edited January 2018
    Plectrum said: LP
    p90fool said:

It's no typo. The 20 watters use 2 EL34s running a lower voltage just as in the mini Jubilees.
    But without the teeth shatterring, eye watering brightness of the mini jube. I remember demoing a mini jube with a tele........ouch !!
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    TTBZ said:
    rico said:
    TTBZ said:
    Out of interest what would you want to see more/less of? I've tried to keep the new demos concise and to the point with a few core tones/features with a variety of guitars, as I hate wading through long demo videos where they demonstrate the range of each control etc. I wanted to include boosting with a few different types of overdrive but for some reason we weren't allowed to show other manufacturers! I also wanted to include the 20 head in the vid but it felt kinda pointless since they all sound basically the same, and theres no matching cab for this series. Sounds great through my H30/V30 2x12 :)

I think it's a series loop but will have to double check tomorrow.

I think for an amp that is as simple as this, and one that is based on amps famous for power valve distortion it would have been good to hear the difference in preamp distortion vs power amp distortion. I for one would be very keen to see how much headroom it has before the power valves break up. It would be good as well to get a brief look at the EQ and the scope thereof. 

Saying all that, it was concise and refreshing. Good job!
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited January 2018
    Plectrum said: LP
    p90fool said:

But without the teeth shatterring, eye watering brightness of the mini jube. I remember demoing a mini jube with a tele........ouch !!
    It’s really not a bright amp once the speaker is broken in and the amp is loud. It’s also easy to dial out the brightness with the EQ. It’s one of the best Marshall’s in my opinion.
  • I think I’ll snag an origin 20 head. Is the delivery date around the end of Feb for these?
    I would take andertons estimated delivery dates with a pinch of salt. Ive preordered pedals with them before and cancelled both times due to dates getting pushed  back and back and......you get the picture  ;) funnily enough i got both pedals straight away from hotrox whom i have found to be great. In andertons favour i gotta say they do have an excellent returns policy if you buy something and dont like it.
    I would take andertons estimated delivery dates with a pinch of salt. Ive preordered pedals with them before and cancelled both times due to dates getting pushed  back and back and......you get the picture  ;) funnily enough i got both pedals straight away from hotrox whom i have found to be great. In andertons favour i gotta say they do have an excellent returns policy if you buy something and dont like it.

+1 Andertons are really very bad for this so be careful if choosing to pre-order with them 

The same can be said for their end of line or sales offers. Where more often than not they have zero in stock with 4-12 week lead times 

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    photek said:

It’s really not a bright amp once the speaker is broken in and the amp is loud. It’s also easy to dial out the brightness with the EQ. It’s one of the best Marshall’s in my opinion.
    Exactly!  Plus in a band mix it's fantastic - cuts right through.  The Jubilee is a rocker's gigging amp, not a bedroom noodler's.

Marshalls are supposed to be bright.  Listen to the raw Appetite for Destruction tracks (on YouTube) to hear how nasty Slash's rig sounded unproduced and compare it to the processed album sound...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom