Vintage Guitars

What's Hot
darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11903
Through a miracle of poor organisation on my part, I'm not getting to the Guitar Show this weekend, which is a shame as Vintage Guitars were apparently there.

Now I might be wrong here but these seem to be ridiculous bargains, the ones that caught my eye included

https://vintageguitarsus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/V72FTB-1.jpg

and

https://vintageguitarsus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/V6HPFCB-1.jpg

What's the catch with these, seriously?

BTW: I know I'm posting a lot of GAS threads, I need to sell some before I can buy more according to the wife! :angry: 
You are the dreamer, and the dream...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    edited February 2018
    There were a few (maybe 4) on the JHS stand but from memory neither of the 2 you're interested in were there. I've been thinking of getting one of the LPJ types.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11903
    Plectrum said:
    There were a few (maybe 4) on the JHS stand but from memory neither of the 2 you're interested n were there. I've been thinking of getting one of the LPJ types.
    Thanks that's actually reassuring.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    How much for the thinline?
  • Always liked Vintage guitars - the ones I’ve had have always been well built and great for the money - real alternatives to Squier, Epi etc.
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5420
    edited March 2018
    They're good solidly built guitars. I've had a few & all have done the job admirably. 
    The Jr is regarded as especially good. Sorry @Plectrum ;; I preferred the SG Jr .

That P90 Strat... Why on earth would you make a Strat with two knobs & position one of those knobs beside the bridge? 
    Jack_ said:
    How much for the thinline?
    I believe both retail for about £350 
    Anyone know any good dealers who sell the range?
  • Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
    I've got a '99' Vintage Strat copy. Can input it on eBay for a squillion quid and call it a 'rare Vintage Vintage Strat'?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    https://www.jhs.co.uk/storelocator

One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    Plectrum said:

Yeah I found that, a lot of the local ones don't seem like people who would have a showroom of guitars though!
    edited February 2018
    Plectrum said:

Yeah I found that, a lot of the local ones don't seem like people who would have a showroom of guitars though!
    My local music shop is like that. He's a Vintage dealer but doesn't really stock any. But if you're seriously interested he'll get what you want in. Maybe there's a shop in your are which will do the same?
  • KahunaKahuna Frets: 90
    Thomann are a good bet for Vintage if you're willing to purchase online. They have the full range, and their prices are excellent.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14578
    Try charity shops in your vicinity. Seriously.

JHS/Encore/Vintage brand instruments often suffer the fate of the unwanted birthday or December 25th gift. If the charity shop staff do not know what the guitars are worth, who knows how low a price they might put upon them?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I've got a v52 butterscotch tele and it's simply brilliant, completely stock and built superbly.

My lgs stocks them but will also order in If you want something he hasn't got. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    I've got a v52 butterscotch tele and it's simply brilliant, completely stock and built superbly.

I think that's the thing, look at the P90 Strat thing in my OP - it's gorgeous!  Not sure what it's a copy of but my understanding is Wilkinson hardware is pretty good, so three decent P90s in that gorgeous colour... what can the bad be?!?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    I've had a vintage in the past, great guitar.. one of my regrets selling it. 
  • Plectrum said:
    Plectrum said:

My local music shop is like that. He's a Vintage dealer but doesn't really stock any. But if you're seriously interested he'll get what you want in. Maybe there's a shop in your are which will do the same?
    As per another recent thread, good luck finding someone who's got one of what you're interested in and who doesn't want an non-returnable deposit for getting you one.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • 545454545454 Frets: 184
    I've had a couple of Vintages - V6 strat and V62 tele - both fantastic guitars, really nicely put together with decent hardware and pickups. Dunno why I sold them actually, seems a bit daft now. Those thinlines look lovely too!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12681
    Pity that Thinline is poohburst. Otherwise nice.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    I have a cherry red Vintage SG copy with gold hardware. Must have had it over 10 years now. Its a really beautiful guitar but it was cheap and you can tell that when you play it.