Vintage Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1760
    Vintage V100 Paradise owner here. 6 years and a few hundred gigs under it's belt and it's a brilliant guitar. Dare I say it's better than my Gibson.......................
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    seems many a good word for these too..

http://www.enjoymuzic.com/acatalog/VintageV130.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    just bought a v100 lemon drop reissue.. 3.75kg of beautiful guitar.. not a massive LP fan so would never invest fortunes in one, but this more than adequately solves any LP requirement I may have.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Three-ColourSunburstThree-ColourSunburst Frets: 1139
    edited March 2018
    gubble said:
    Vintage V100 Paradise owner here. 6 years and a few hundred gigs under it's belt and it's a brilliant guitar. Dare I say it's better than my Gibson.......................
    Apparently, the same guitar, with very minor cosmetic changes, is also sold by Thomann as part of their Harley Benton range.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_sc_550_paradise_amber_flame.htm

https://www.thomann.de/gb/vintage_v100afd_paradise.htm

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2323
    Vintage always seem to score good reviews in Guitarist mag. I had an LP Special copy with hum-cancelling P90s, in lovely TV yellow, amazing bargain at £149!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14578
    Keefy said:
    hum-cancelling P90s
    An oxymoron, surely? :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4675
    Keefy said:
    Vintage always seem to score good reviews in Guitarist mag. I had an LP Special copy with hum-cancelling P90s, in lovely TV yellow, amazing bargain at £149!
    That’s the vintage v100lm I believe it’s actually stacked p90 which vintage called a p100 rather than an actual p90, I had one and loved it and stupidly sold it and have never managed to find another. Seen one on eBay a few weeks ago and missed out on it would love another. 
  • I'm still contemplating the midge ure signature that's been sitting in my LGS for months. I've played out several times, every timeI go in he increases the discount he'll take off it for me (I'm something of a regular!) ...soon I'll say yes! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The roller bridge saddles make a major contribution to tuning stability. I would still worry about the nut slots and machineheads. 

Is there a point on the Vari-coil pot that strikes a worthwhile compromise between noise rejection and true P90 goodness? I wouldn't mind trying the same idea on Duncan STK-P1 or modified Gibson P100 pickups. I would probably do it using mini trim pots concealed in the control cavity.
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3040
    edited March 2018
    gubble said:
    just bought a v100 lemon drop reissue.. 3.75kg of beautiful guitar.. not a massive LP fan so would never invest fortunes in one, but this more than adequately solves any LP requirement I may have.
    I’m so close to pulling the trigger on a lemon drop reissue.  Did you buy used or new(from where?)
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2323
    edited March 2018
    Keefy said:
    hum-cancelling P90s
    An oxymoron, surely?
    Keefy said:
    That’s the vintage v100lm I believe it’s actually stacked p90 which vintage called a p100 rather than an actual p90, I had one and loved it and stupidly sold it and have never managed to find another. Seen one on eBay a few weeks ago and missed out on it would love another. 
    What @mikeyrob73 said! The LM at the end stood for Limed Mahogany.

I think Gibson had their own P100 back in the day, but Seymour Duncan have also done a stacked soapbar P90.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Keefy said:
    I'll be selling mine soon when I've put the original pickups back in. If I remember right they are 4 wire so splittable, but Vintage just wire them up as 2 wire.
    edited March 2018
    Keefy said:
    Gibson had the P100 back in the day. Seymour Duncan have also done a stacked soapbar P90.
    Correct, unfortunately.

My point was that you can have either noise-cancellation or true P90 tone. I am yet to hear a pickup that does both.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7134
    nice goldtop in richtone, secondhandy, monster tones for £189!!

Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11903
    tony99 said:
    nice goldtop in richtone, secondhandy, monster tones for £189!!

That's pretty, damn I need to get myself to some guitar shops :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    I'm still contemplating the midge ure signature that's been sitting in my LGS for months. I've played out several times, every timeI go in he increases the discount he'll take off it for me (I'm something of a regular!) ...soon I'll say yes! 

this means nothing to me....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4675
    Chalky said:
    Keefy said:
    I'll be selling mine soon when I've put the original pickups back in. If I remember right they are 4 wire so splittable, but Vintage just wire them up as 2 wire.
    what time frame you looking at for selling it @chalky? ;
  • gubble said:
    I’m so close to pulling the trigger on a lemon drop reissue.  Did you buy used or new(from where?)
    I bought mine used.. it turned out to be a factory second (J stamped fretboard) but I was hard pushed to find a flaw initially.. there is a slight piece missing in the fretboard.... doesnt impact playing, and the weight and the look is just to good to return..

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11903
    So where and who are everyone's local Vintage dealers?

I'd really like to try some of these out :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...