Vintage Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7079
    tFB Trader
    gubble said:
    Vintage V100 Paradise owner here. 6 years and a few hundred gigs under it's belt and it's a brilliant guitar. Dare I say it's better than my Gibson.......................
    I once spoke to Trevor Wilkinson who said that it was much to his chagrin that the mags never compared his guitars to Gibsons, only to similarly priced guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubble said:
    Vintage V100 Paradise owner here. 6 years and a few hundred gigs under it's belt and it's a brilliant guitar. Dare I say it's better than my Gibson.......................
    I once spoke to Trevor Wilkinson who said that it was much to his chagrin that the mags never compared his guitars to Gibsons, only to similarly priced guitars.
    But they couldn't do that - at least honestly, and still expect to keep Gibson's advertising, could they? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • gubble said:
    Exactly. The Vintage lemon drop reissue and a new Gibson LP Tribute seem equally appealing to me. One happens to be more than double the price, I assume for the name and being US made. I do admit that part of me wants the Gibson just for the name on the headstock, but the features seem pretty equal on both. 
  • rossirossi Frets: 1707

This the Vintage I fancy . On the look out for one. I do have a Vn99 Zip  which i bought for 30 quid .it plays very nicely and is light .Surprised how good the neck and frets feel and it stays in tune well .I have ignored Les Pauls all my life but its size and feel have made me interested in the  slimmer slab bodied LP's .
            The Pickup is weird ,two strat singles  roped together  .I have a twin rail on its way to try out in it .
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Fuengi said:
    How do they compare to Epiphone?
    Favourably, for me. I’ve had both Korean and Chinese Epis, and the Vintage guitars I’ve had (especially the V100s and VS6) are every bit as good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar Village has a sale on Vintage guitars, very good prices. The original finish Lemon Drop is now out of stock due to me ordering it this morning :)  £300 was too good a price to ignore.

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/categories/guitars/electric-guitars/vintage

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar Village has a sale on Vintage guitars, very good prices. The original finish Lemon Drop is now out of stock due to me ordering it this morning :)  £300 was too good a price to ignore.

Damn there's some good prices there! Tempting

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11903

Guitar Village has a sale on Vintage guitars, very good prices. The original finish Lemon Drop is now out of stock due to me ordering it this morning :)  £300 was too good a price to ignore.

Damn there's some good prices there! Tempting
    Indeed, that Tele is £252!!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Got myself a Vintage LP Jr a few years ago and whacked in an Oil City P90 and it was absolutely obscene. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of a neck pickup, so I ended up getting an Edwards '56 - but honestly other than that was crackerjack.

Cheers,
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    I'm still contemplating the midge ure signature that's been sitting in my LGS for months. I've played out several times, every timeI go in he increases the discount he'll take off it for me (I'm something of a regular!) ...soon I'll say yes! 

Have to say...I've fancied one of these since they were first announced.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033

Also - if you dig around enough on here, you'll find a post re. my "go to" guitar - a Vintage SG which cost me £15. The neck profile fits my hand like a glove. Plays great. Love it.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• I'm still contemplating the midge ure signature that's been sitting in my LGS for months. I've played out several times, every timeI go in he increases the discount he'll take off it for me (I'm something of a regular!) ...soon I'll say yes! 

Have to say...I've fancied one of these since they were first announced.
    I was in the shop again the other day, played it again... It's lovely but heavy. As I put it back he said "no reasonable offer refused, it's been here too long and I want shot of it. 

What do you reckon?

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4675
    Which shop
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    I've just received a brand new V130 (LPJ style). It's a slight second due to some imperfections in the paintwork on the headstock but plays really nicely straight out of the box. I'll probably add a treble bleed/pass to the volume though as it goes a bit woolly when you turn the volume down to clean up. But I could gig it as-is.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • Which shop
    Nice try ;) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1323
    edited March 2018
    I've got 4 Vintage guitars, a VS6, a V52 Icon, a V100 Lemon Drop, and an AV3 and I really like them all.  A friend of mine also has the original model of the LPJ doublecut which is excellent as stock. 

Of all of them the VS6 is my favourite to play but is let down a bit by the build.  The routing for the trapezoid inlays is really bad and filled poorly for example, but it doesn't affect how it plays.  I've replaced the pickups in all but the AV3 as I found the originals to be a bit muddy.  I've got my eyes on the doublecut V130.
    I've dropped a guitar since trading a couple of out-of-favour ones part-ex with my new PRS SE Custom.  This leaves me a "slot".

I'm thinking this may have to be filled with a Vintage, I just really love the look of that P90 Strat!!
  • Day off work today and expecting delivery of a Lemon Drop :) 

Anyone else tempted by the sale? That Tele does look extremely nice....
    Day off work today and expecting delivery of a Lemon Drop :) 

Anyone else tempted by the sale? That Tele does look extremely nice....
    Yes and it does :)
  • I've got 2 'Vintage' guitars and have owned another in the past. I have a pre 'Wilkinson' V100 that was my first proper guitar. Decent enough but I don't play it now. I then got an SG copy which was a good guitar but I decided SG's aren't for me. I then got a V100AFD but was always massively disappointed with the finish when I saw online after I bought it what it was supposed to look like. It was a good guitar, I gigged it. I emailed them after they changed it slightly (different neck join carve) and asked them if their finish had changed and was it more consistent as the newer ones all looked better, and they offered to replace mine with a newer version for nothing, despite being way out of warranty. Very cool!

So, I have a V100AFD. Gibson beater? No. Epiphone beater? Probably. Don't get me wrong, this is an excellent guitar... for the money. My MIJ Tokai Les Paul is miles better and only cost me £350 but the V100 is good. I need to replace the tuners as they rattle and glue doesn't seem to fix it and the pickups in my opinion are awful so I replaced those, but as a piece of wood it is nice. Its very heavy and resonant and I think with a new nut and bridge, along with the new pickups would probably rival a guitar at 3x its price.

What I am curious about is Harley Benton... their Les Paul copies have the same neck carve, same Wilkinson hardware and do the same 'Paradise Amber' finish. I am wondering if these are out of the same factory and may buy one to find out how comparable to Vintage they are!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!