Removed

What's Hot
JackieB33JackieB33 Frets: 190
edited November 2023 in Guitar
Removed
''i've not seen a reaction like that in here since George Best got kicked out for glassing a bouncer''
2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• shefguitarshefguitar Frets: 206
    I’d seen the Protone page on Facebook and suspected it was him as I recognised some of his stock that he’s had for years at over-inflated prices. He appears to have a shop now in Liverpool.

I also had a poor buying experience with him in the past and have been warned not to deal with him. I know for a fact that he sold a partcaster with a fake Fender Custom Shop neck which was described (and priced) as genuine.

The way he tries to hide his identity when doing deals shows what kind of character he is and the poor reputation he has.  No doubt that’s also the reason behind the rebranding as Protone.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Dishonest?

How?

He makes you an offer, which you accept, it’s now his to try and sell at whatever price he likes.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    dbphoto said:
    Dishonest?

How?

I know for a fact that he sold a partcaster with a fake Fender Custom Shop neck which was described (and priced) as genuine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Ok, I hadn’t read your post when I commented @shefguitar ;

Do you know for a fact that he knew it wasn’t genuine though?

(just playing devils advocate to be honest, especially as I don’t understand why people get annoyed when they see something they happily sold being advertised again elsewhere)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JackieB33JackieB33 Frets: 190
    edited November 2023

''i've not seen a reaction like that in here since George Best got kicked out for glassing a bouncer''
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    dbphoto said:
    Ok, I hadn’t read your post when I commented @shefguitar ;

Do you know for a fact that he knew it wasn’t genuine though?

(just playing devils advocate to be honest, especially as I don’t understand why people get annoyed when they see something they happily sold being advertised again elsewhere)
    It was checked in person by a Fender dealer who pointed out the anomalies. The evidence was pretty conclusive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited March 2018
    You don’t mind finding out someone you sell something to in good faith has been dishonest and underhand? I encountered this Greenwood guy when I was selling a LP Custom a while back - it became really obvious from the first few messages I was talking to someone who was not being entirely truthful about his reason for wanting the guitar. When I didn’t respond to his constant messages he became rude and eventually I had to block him 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27659
    dbphoto said:
    Dishonest?

How?

He makes you an offer, which you accept, it’s now his to try and sell at whatever price he likes.
    If he can be deceitful when buying, what makes you think he'd be honest when selling?

Not with a bargepole.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2023

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    When he appeared you should have told him fuck off, although if i needed the cash I may even have offered him a cuppa! Sorry you had a shitty experience
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2023

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2023

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I don’t consider a buyer using whatever means necessary to get a better price as particularly bad form, it’s all part of the game.

Mentioning someone and their business by name on a public forum and stating derogatory opinions and ‘facts’ is however bad form as far as I’m concerned.
    5reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27659
    dbphoto said:
    I don’t consider a buyer using whatever means necessary to get a better price as particularly bad form, it’s all part of the game.

That's not the "game" that we play here. 

It's why Greenwood, in a number of different incarnations has been banned from this community.

As I said above, if someone is willing to be deceitful as a  buyer, then why would you trust them as a seller?  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2023

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    dbphoto said:
    Prepare to be besieged by disabled single mothers and persons seeking suitable donations for charity raffles next time you’re shifting some gear :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2023
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    dbphoto said:

Mentioning someone and their business by name on a public forum and stating derogatory opinions and ‘facts’ is however bad form as far as I’m concerned.
    What facts are you disputing? I could give you the names of two well-known trusted people within the guitar community who saw the guitar with the fake neck. I have screenshots of the advert describing it as genuine Custom Shop. I could post a picture on here of those screenshots and anyone who knows how to spot a fake would be able to tell. (I’m not going to do that by the way - I have all the evidence I need should it be required).

I don’t have a problem with people buying and selling for a profit. It’s the manner in which Craig goes about it that’s the issue.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Rinse and repeat rinse and repeat rinse and repeat rinse and repeat........... 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    Sorry for pointing this out to you - however I don’t think £600 was too far off the mark for this guitar - so in your shoes I wouldn’t that bothered.

I certainly wouldn’t pay the near grand he’s offering - were you looking for about £750? I thought that was a bit high...

If he wasn’t upfront about being a dealer then that probably sours the whole experience for you. But if you got your £600 and it solves a short term cash flow then it’s a win.

Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom