What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14472
    tFB Trader
    surely we must fancy Japan over Columbia
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    surely we must fancy Japan over Columbia
    Depends on if Japan turn up and play or turn up and have a rest...
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2483
    skunkwerx said:

But also I hope we lose because that then puts our next game on an evening I have atleast a 1% chance of finding someone to swap shifts! Lol 
    Group G winners play 19:00 on Monday. Runners up play 19:00 Tuesday.

I know this because I need it to be Monday!
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    Eight changes.. I see Southgate is trolling the Belgians - “Yeah, we are playing to win it. Lol.”
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6885
    FX_Munkee said:
    skunkwerx said:

But also I hope we lose because that then puts our next game on an evening I have atleast a 1% chance of finding someone to swap shifts! Lol 
    Group G winners play 19:00 on Monday. Runners up play 19:00 Tuesday.

I know this because I need it to be Monday!
    Haha man its depressing knowing the kickoff will be an hour after I start, and it will be so dead in the centre I can’t understand why they can’t just close early for all England games!

We worked out last Sunday for the cost of us lot being in, the electricity, air con etc, they surely can only have taken a few quid profit! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12450
    Jeez, are England even capable of passing the ball forwards? I know the team isn’t Southgate’s first choice and the result doesn’t matter but they look completely toothless.  :s
    This England team are awesome. They have utterly nailed the art of playing to lose without any suspicion by just looking like they are a bit shit. 

Superb work lads!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4730

4 minutes not to score.  We can do it!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11486

Personally would have preferred to play Japan.  It's all very well trying to avoid Brazil in the quarters, but you have to get to the quarters.

Also, the Japan match is a day earlier.  If you do go deep into the tournament that extra day's rest is an advantage at some point.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Can’t argue with that result. MrsTheWeary still has Colombia in the office sweepstake so next Tuesday is win win, sorta.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5872
    Drat, we lost!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8814
    Well that was all slightly sub-optimal. Meh: still through to the next round. Nobody got hurt.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    vale said:
    well i think germany are looking amazing at the moment. i'm pretty sure they are going to win.
    ... Euro 2020.
    vale said:
    i dearly hope Germany beat England 10-0 in the final. that is my true world cup wish & i hereby appeal to the football spirits to make it so.
    brb (*sobs*).
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited June 2018
    crunchman said: If you do go deep into the tournament that extra day's rest is an advantage at some point.

Nine of them had a rest today at least...

Or nine had the day off, and the others had a training match..
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    This England team are awesome. They have utterly nailed the art of playing to lose without any suspicion by just looking like they are a bit shit. 

Superb work lads!
    It is the B team. This shows there's not a lot of quality in depth.  Manager didn't have much choice. Am I the only one who thinks Rashford is overrated.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:

Superb work lads!
    It is the B team. This shows there's not a lot of quality in depth.  Manager didn't have much choice. Am I the only one who thinks England are overrated.
    FTFY 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4730
    crunchman said:

Personally would have preferred to play Japan.  It's all very well trying to avoid Brazil in the quarters, but you have to get to the quarters.

Yeah me too tbh, although we'll only know after Tuesday whether this result was good or not.
    Statistically the loss has probably increased our chances of winning the competition, but it's still pretty low
    and quarter finals would be a respectable position, so yeah, I agree, in a way.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Fretwired said:

Superb work lads!
    It is the B team. This shows there's not a lot of quality in depth.  Manager didn't have much choice. Am I the only one who thinks England are overrated.
    FTFY 
    Most original. I never saw that coming. Have this in return ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    Italy 10 England 0!

hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

Superb work lads!
    FTFY 
    Most original. I never saw that coming. Have this in return ...

I’m not joking either. 

Belgium’s B team showed strength in depth. They were in control in quick and slow play. They looked dangerous. 

For all this talk of Rashford starting, he looked ropey at best tonight. Same for Loftus-Cheek. Pickford looked uncomfortable as well. 

No depth at all, which is worrying. You need strength in depth to win the tournament. You need invention and consistency, and you need adaptability. This team doesn’t have it.

Doesn’t mean they won’t one day - but right now, I can see a scrape win against Columbia maybe and then Sweden handing us ours on a plate. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom