The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10226
    edited August 2019
    Well, just for the sake of it, here’s the Stage on the just delivered Ruach board I got!

https://imgur.com/a/tUbwTBE

Looks great ! What size is that ?
    Foxey Lady 4! Wish it were a bit more trim at the top, but I guess I can use that space for a load of lamps with stomps on it...

Or I could put my Power Amp on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Like this. Although not as symmetrical.

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467

I’ve never liked the idea of keeping my Powerstage at my feet... the fan looks ripe for ‘inhaling’ spilled beverage.
    simonk said:

I’ve never liked the idea of keeping my Powerstage at my feet... the fan looks ripe for ‘inhaling’ spilled beverage.
    Yea that's true, it looks better with it on the cab, and the board laid out as before I think.
  • Ruh-roh.

So I have a Kemper toaster on loan from a friend. I have an ART SLA-1 poweramp plugged into my Mode Four cab. I made a direct profile of my VH4 channel 3. Then played that profile back through the poweramp and cab.

I have to say... it sounded brilliant. And much better than the Helix into the same poweramp running one of it's amp models.

If not good enough for recording fully. Certainly good enough to have it as a home setup so all my amps can live at the practice room.

Haven't tried the "merged" profiles yet - that's where you take a cab from a studio profile (amp+cab+mic) and then copy that cab to a direct profile.

Bye!

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Ruh-roh.

So I have a Kemper toaster on loan from a friend. I have an ART SLA-1 poweramp plugged into my Mode Four cab. I made a direct profile of my VH4 channel 3. Then played that profile back through the poweramp and cab.

I have to say... it sounded brilliant. And much better than the Helix into the same poweramp running one of it's amp models.

If not good enough for recording fully. Certainly good enough to have it as a home setup so all my amps can live at the practice room.

Haven't tried the "merged" profiles yet - that's where you take a cab from a studio profile (amp+cab+mic) and then copy that cab to a direct profile.
    Sweet.
    What mic did you use?
  • octatonic said:
    Ruh-roh.

Sweet.
    What mic did you use?
    No mics. Behringer Ultra-G in between the amp and cab, so I can tap the signal after the poweramp and send that into the Kemper. So basically a cabless profile of the amp, which I then played back through a SS poweramp and cab.

When I tried this before using the built-in class-D poweramp in the Powerhead, I was not happy. This time I'm happy.... can only guess it's the difference between the ART poweramp and the built in one that Kemper provides. 

Bye!

Yea the Kemper slays the Helix for amp tones. The drive pedals not so much, but the modulation is comparable, but not always.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited August 2019
    If you were recording, you could go directly into your audio interface from the Kemper via stereo SPDIF. This is the power of the Kemper for me, having loads of amp/cab/mic combinations, with various levels of gain at your fingertips. It's so easy to make top notch guitar recordings with this little box.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Freebird said:
    If you were recording, you could go directly into your audio interface from the Kemper via stereo SPDIF. This is the power of the Kemper for me, having loads of amp/cab/mic combinations, with various levels of gain at your fingertips. It's so easy to make top notch guitar recordings with this little box.
    I prefer to play through a real cab most of the time. I can really feel the guitar punching me in the body that way. But yeah could certainly have a setup where I monitor through a cab whilst recording the DI and an amp tone through the Kemper.

I'm gonna have to give Kemper back in a week or so. But I might pick one up.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    Freebird said:
    I prefer to play through a real cab most of the time. I can really feel the guitar punching me in the body that way. But yeah could certainly have a setup where I monitor through a cab whilst recording the DI and an amp tone through the Kemper.

I'm gonna have to give Kemper back in a week or so. But I might pick one up.
    Yep, DI opens up all kinds of editing and reamping options. You can even incorporate VST plugins into your workflow.
    An update. They’ve said it might be an internal current issue and it may be fixed in an update. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    An update. They’ve said it might be an internal current issue and it may be fixed in an update. 
    How was the communicated?
    octatonic said:
    Email. 
    edited August 2019
    octatonic said:
    Email. 
    Could you ask them when the engineers are coming back from their holidays, and when will we get the Editor? It's not a great time to be understaffed is it, with an increasing number of email complaints needing replies, and nobody to update the firmware.
    edited August 2019
    Freebird said:
    octatonic said:
    Email. 
    Could you ask them when the engineers are coming back from their holidays, and when will we get the Editor? It's not a great time to be understaffed is it, with an increasing number of email complaints needing replies, and nobody to update the firmware.
    I don’t really want to deal with them anymore than I have to so I’d say put a ticket in if you want specific information.

As far as I know, they said before the end of September. 
    edited August 2019
    Put a ticket in if you want specific information. 

As far as I know, they said before the end of September. 
    Yeah, Sept 23 is the end of summer.
    Well for what it’s worth, I played the Stage at practice through my cab and it was awesome. 
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    New firmware for both rig manager and kemper stage is out and it looks like it fixed a bunch of issues.
    I'm having so much fun with my unit, it's everything I heard other people saying about modellers but I never been able to truly enjoy with my previous ax8 / amplifire attempts. Loving Tone Junkie profiles as well!
    edited August 2019
    Yea the ticking noise is finally fixed. Yay!