What's Hot

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    Sainsbury's chilli pasta.

Yum.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4996
    edited January 2015
    Can't believe I had to trawl back to page 3 to find this thread!

Anyhoo, new job for me at work. Assistant manager-type thing, not a lot of cash but very good career wise. Happy bunny here tonight :D

May have had a beer or two to celebrate ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited January 2015
    Banged out a new song, chord progression, lyrics and all. I think it's actually quite good.

It's about goils. Well, one particular goil. It's not a happy song. But it is a song, and it's mine, and I like it.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Fuck girls-literally and metaphorically not to sound patronising but chances are you wont give a fuck about her in a month/year/decade sleep around, take drugs, drink to exess (if that's what you want to do) you got a song out of it-the best ones are always out of hardship.angst/depression! Enjoy your youth and don't be afraid of making a cunt out of yourself-did I say sleep around a lot? You're a long time dead and a long time married/off the market so enjoy being single-it's a blessing, as is being in a solid relationship but you've no one to answer to when single...end of drunken rant x

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015
    lloyd said:
    Fuck girls-literally and metaphorically not to sound patronising but chances are you wont give a fuck about her in a month/year/decade sleep around, take drugs, drink to exess (if that's what you want to do) you got a song out of it-the best ones are always out of hardship.angst/depression! Enjoy your youth and don't be afraid of making a cunt out of yourself-did I say sleep around a lot? You're a long time dead and a long time married/off the market so enjoy being single-it's a blessing, as is being in a solid relationship but you've no one to answer to when single...end of drunken rant x
    :)

And I've just added a new bit, which is a bit more lighthearted... basically, the song is about what happened between us but also about how I now understand why people write songs about this stuff when it happens, because it's a good way of getting it out of your system. I've added a bridge with loads of references to songs with a similar theme to this one, and concluded it with "I guess you're just the kind of girl that guys write songs about". Quite pleased with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15515
    well, today I managed a whole hour of acoustic playing, without only discomfort to my damaged finger. Still looks like horrendous (imagine how a beluga whale looks, that's what my finger looks like in profile) but no real pain.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    mike_l said:

After trying for ages, I've finally got size 34 trousers to fit, without being excessively tight.

Yay.

Nice one! 

I added a few pounds for a few months and now they've gone everything feels much better.  It was "only" about 8 lbs too but it really makes a difference.
    edited February 2015
    New idea for a home-brew guitar, which could be quite cheap and would be FANTASTIC.
  • Gov't Mule ticket purchased for London in May, Ms nRollDave to reimburse me for my buffdee that month...Super-excited.

• Tickets for that Guitar Show arrived today, now just need to remember how to actually play for the after-show thingy! :-O
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15515

my on going project over the last month or so has been to dismantle a large area of decking that the previous owners put in. It used to be the vege patch and it's my plan to return it to this. Pretty much all done as of today, got the last 2 remaining supports out that were in the way (there are others, but they won't be in the way so can stay for a bit). The building who did it didn't skimp on the concrete, the supports were only about 18" high, but the were in holes about 2' deep and about 18" across, filled to the brim with concrete. Got a good workout getting them out. Still, was a pleasure to be outside today, tee shirt weather it was. Finally started digging now, pretty compacted soil there, but deep. Should be all dug by next weekend if I can get a good run at it.

Also, just had a great fiddle day. All my fingers went to exactly the right spots and every note rang sweet and true, think I might like this fiddle lark.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17632
    tFB Trader
    I'm in Germany eating wiener schnitzel and they forgot my beer so they've given me two to say sorry.

WIN!
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited February 2015
    I'm eating wiener.

WIN!

VimFuego said:

Also, just had a great fiddle.

All my fingers went to exactly the right spots.

Fixed(sorry someone was bound to though!)

:)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I'm in Germany eating wiener schnitzel

WIN!

Just to reassure you I won't misinterprit this.

Much.

>:D<

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Credit Card paid off in full  :) and a couple of months before the 0% interest rate ends

Woo hoo.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I may have just played at Ronnie Scott's. :)
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    The Mrs says yes to me getting a cheap bass so I can have a dabble
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Bucket said:

Nice one! Details please.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    Bucket said:

Nice one! Details please.
    I was playing guitar with a girl I only met a couple of days ago. The other guitarist in my band knows her and recommended me when he heard she was looking for a guitarist for this gig. This was part of a night they do called Ruby Sings, which is all unsigned artists. It went well!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Little victories - just received an email that went to about 1000 members of staff on Manuel Handling. Nice to know I'm not the only person who doesn't proof read their emails.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom