Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    EricTheWeary;516192" said:
    Little victories - just received an email that went to about 1000 members of staff on Manuel Handling. Nice to know I'm not the only person who doesn't proof read their emails.
    Have a lol. Take it he's your Mexican warehouse manager?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Bucket said:
    viz said:
    Bucket said:
    I may have just played at Ronnie Scott's. :)

Nice one! Details please.
    I was playing guitar with a girl I only met a couple of days ago. The other guitarist in my band knows her and recommended me when he heard she was looking for a guitarist for this gig. This was part of a night they do called Ruby Sings, which is all unsigned artists. It went well!

awesome!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Little victories - just received an email that went to about 1000 members of staff on Manuel Handling. Nice to know I'm not the only person who doesn't proof read their emails.
    Manuel handling:

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited February 2015
    I suppose I'd better post something happy and get this thread back to where it should be, the first page of OT is full of really awful news and my whining about iTunes (which I feel bad about given the aforementioned properly horrible stuff), I think those threads should be joined by something to offer a little light relief and cheer us up a little if we need.

So... I just got back from seeing 10cc live in Watford.

FUCK ME.

Unquestionably the best gig I've ever been to (even though the PA blew out at one point, ending the first set prematurely). I've never been so awe-struck by live music before. Absolutely flawless from start to finish... if you ever get the chance to see them, you owe it to yourself.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Nice one!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • I turned up for training, put on my green belt and they took it off me and gave me a blue one instead.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited February 2015
    I know it's a bit random but... just now I should have bought a washing machine cos the old one has died but somehow I've ended up with a uni-vibe pedal instead.  Nice pedal mind.  And the washing will be okay.

And my eldest son said, "Fancy seeing the solar eclipse up in Scotland?" so I'm like, "Cool beans, I'll book somewhere to stay, you book the flight." 
    And he's kind of done it now but somehow has accidentally got us leaving from Luton airport and coming back to Gatwick.  This is totally useless, there are 80 miles between these airports which is like a long way to walk to the car, but we're like... "Hahahahaha!"  

I know it will get sorted, I don't know how, but it should be fun, or at least okay.
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Sprog 2 got her orange belt in ju jitsu yesterday.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Firstly tickets bought for Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds by my GF and then seeing on the back of a magazine that Jonny Marr is going to be joining them as a guest....Awesomes

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

I suppose it's a good guitar solo if you get a drink bought for you afterwards isn't it :D
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just back from a four day road trip. Saw an average of 50mpg out of the Jag. :)
    edited March 2015
    snakemanStoo;567646" said:
    Congrats! My daughter got up to a black belt in karate then gave up. Don't make the mistake I did and say " go on then, show me what you can do". She's only 4'11, I'm 6'1", how much harm could she do? I was still aching after three days. Doh!
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    boogieman said:
    snakemanStoo;567646" said:
    Congrats! My daughter got up to a black belt in karate then gave up. Don't make the mistake I did and say " go on then, show me what you can do". She's only 4'11, I'm 6'1", how much harm could she do? I was still aching after three days. Doh!
    I'm a blue belt assistant instructor at her club.  I know what she can do and occasionally I let her do it.  Mostly I counter her and tickle her just to be anoying.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've just paid £30 for membership of Ginger Wildheart's G.A.S.S fan site, which gives you exclusive access to stuff like tour diaries, Ginger's writings on various films and albums... and the small matter of 36 entirely new songs, three a month since last May, which are only available to members. And 24 unreleased demos, two a month. And demos from the Wildhearts' "Chutzpah" album.

I've only listened to a few tracks so far, but it's Ginger so I fully expect every single one of them will be amazing.

I've given him £30 for this and £10 for the 30-track triple album "555%" a few months ago, and in exchange for that £40 I've been given access to the largest collection of consistently brilliant songs I've ever heard. The man can do no wrong in my eyes.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Bucket said:
    I've just paid £30 for membership of Ginger Wildheart's .....  The man can do no wrong in my eyes.
    You are @IanSavage ICM £5

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mike_l said:
    Bucket said:
    I've just paid £30 for membership of Ginger Wildheart's .....  The man can do no wrong in my eyes.
    You are @IanSavage ICM £5
    I am not, but like him I am clearly a man of exquisite taste.
    Bit drunk and in one of those amazing moods where I just want to listen to LOADS of music.

I've gone from the Black Dahlia Murder to Cee-Lo Green and I'm loving it.
    Finally, after six months of our architect Mr I.M.A Sloth, dicking us around, we've been granted planning permission to extend the house. Let the chaos begin!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I was feeling crap over the weekend (still am) but yesterday Postman Pat delivered Judas Priest's Defenders of the Faith (30 anniversary edition).

2 things pleased me, 1, getting the album (and associated extras) as I'd forgotten I'd ordered it, and 2, he actually managed to get it to the right door.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Today was my last day doing my current job. I now have 6 days off and start my new job when I go back. Same government organisation (yep, freeloading civil servant ;) ) just a different department.

It's only a slight step up, but should give me the experience to go up a grade in a year or so :D

littlegreenman < My tunes here...