Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• seany65seany65 Frets: 264
    edited April 2015
    boogieman said:
    snakemanStoo;567646" said:
    Sprog 2 got her orange belt in ju jitsu yesterday.
    Congrats! My daughter got up to a black belt in karate then gave up. Don't make the mistake I did and say " go on then, show me what you can do". She's only 4'11, I'm 6'1", how much harm could she do? I was still aching after three days. Doh!
    I'm a blue belt assistant instructor at her club.  I know what she can do and occasionally I let her do it.  Mostly I counter her and tickle her just to be anoying.
    So long as you don't laugh at her every time she can't hit you. That'll just make her hate you, or at least want to avoid you. That was done to me years ago when I tried wing chun. I knew I wasn't talented at it, but I had no objections to the being 'hit' (slight cuts and bruises etc.), it was the laughing and not showing me what I was doing wrong that annoyed me. Luckily it was an instructor from another branch, who only turned up a couple of times.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Spent a very nice evening in the company of old, old friends, Jack Daniel's, darts and FIFA.

The game of darts may or may not have caused significant damage to my mate's living room walls.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Your old friend is called Jack Daniels?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited April 2015
    broncho stop cough syrup. It works :)

EDIT

and I went for a "medication review" this morning, with the head pharmacist at the quacks. she's gorgeous :D
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I've passed my cricket umpires course/exam. Any village teams in/around York need a team umpire?
    I just found the data cable that connects my BJ30 printer to the Acorn RISC PC. :)

I also found an Alesis SR-16. I'm not sure yet whether it's the one that went berserk losing all the user data and corrupting its presets, or if it's the one I bought to replace the one that went wrong.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Looks like my contract is going to be made permanent, which is nice. I've been here nearly 2 years on a rolling 3-6 month contract so it's always a bit nervy going into the final month or 2....

No job's 100% secure but good news to me.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

Ordered some valves from HotRox yesterday morning. Delivered here to my day job address just now. :)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Had a sherbert fountain after tea. They are awesome. Will add 4 for £1.20 to the Tesco online shop. :) I have to comb my beard out after though.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Had a nice day out with Mum and Dad at Duxford.

Recommended for a day out if you have any interest in aircraft.

Bit expensive though (2x pensioners, 1 adult was £45.50!)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DinosauriaDinosauria Frets: 67
    The sun is shining and the only "work" I have to do today is write a guitar part.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27100
    mike_l said:

Always a good day out. I haven't been for 10 years though probably.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27100
    I just made perennial UAE-curry-favourite, Murgh Makhani (aka butter chicken) from scratch for the first time. Holy hell it's brilliant :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    mike_l said:

Always a good day out. I haven't been for 10 years though probably.
    We were lucky with decent weather, although the wind was cold. And a mini airshow from the Buchon (Spanish built, Merlin engine ME-109).

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15969
    edited May 2015

got my twice yearly rheumatology Hospital appointment over with today.....they really stress me out

CRP & ESR levels normal...very pleased with that (CRP has been very high in the past).....lost 2" in height since my 20s....not pleased. lost 7lbs...pleased with that

white coat syndrome high BP raised through the roof...not pleased....promised steroid injection in greater trochanter if hip not better in 6 months....pleased with that

don't go back until December....pleased with that

tae be or not tae be
    Took some gear round last Wednesday to our local repairs wizard: Tom Evans MicroGroove MC phono stage, EAR 834P phono stage, and my AC30CC2X chassis. The MicroGroove had a massive mains buzz in the LH channel, the 834P had a dry joint causing loss of the LH channel, and the AC30 had the design fault alluded to in other threads recently. Phone conversation today - he's fixed everything.

Nice!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Stitches out this morning. Shoulder feels good, a little sore, but good.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17632
    tFB Trader
    My coffee machine was playing up and making a bit of noise and my two year old said:

"Is it broken daddy, do you need to hit it with a hammer?"

I have taught her well.
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Looking forward to my birthday. Someone ring the funny farm, on a serious note I get my mountain board next Friday, and my parents got here cos the car is on my drive haha
    Phono stage fixed, put back in place. Mozart on vinyl. :D