Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    edited November 2015
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Booked a long weekend to Madrid to watch the last day of Vuelta a España :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Since handing in my resignation at work the entire service dept (all the techs, all the receptionists and the manager) have said they want me to stay. As I'm the only one who does the parts job properly.

Service manager has said, I'm the only one he trusts not to try and rip him off. Bit worrying really. Not for me, not my problem any more. Just waiting for the explosion. I shall laugh when it's all gone tits up, and the 3 lazy fucks are all unemployed.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • almost a perfect Saturday, so far

went 15 miles to the town where I can do some bank stuff, bought some cheap but good quality meat from the van in the market place.

on return, whacked a lump of pork in the oven, went to pub while it cooked, sampled a very nice ale which hasn't been on before

on return, unwrapped meat from tin foil, kept juices for gravy, put back in on high heat to crisp up, plus added veggies in the tin, boiled up some green frozen veg

made gravy out of juices & boiled green veg water

had a NOM NOM lunch

now wondering whether to be bothered doing anything else or slacking out with cat on lap + more red wine :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited August 2015
    I discovered today that my local supermarket now stocks a really nice sambol.  Which, if you've not had it, is a Sri Lankan food thing.

I know how to make sambol but it's been a while yet I thought I'd knock up a batch a fortnight ago.

Coconuts.  Jeeeezuz. 

I knackered myself getting into and preparing just two of the bastards.  30 minutes of hard graft for a couple of tablespoons of stuff.

I am now very happy that I can just open a jar and put the sambol in. 

It's hot and spicy coconut and lime thing.  Lovely in omelettes.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    False Friday for me and a long weekend ahead :D
    Left old (shit) job yesterday. Yay.
    And no-one took the piss out of me getting old today. Double yay.
    And possibly a trip to Coda tomorrow.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Managed to change out the battery in my iPhone without losing or breaking anything. Well chuffed. Seriously never seen such minuscule screws though, I needed my glasses and a magnifying glass to see the little buggers. B-)
    edited September 2015
    This morning I got a totally random email from a mom to her son.  Obviously a stuff up in the email address.  But after we put that right we're now chatting...

I love people. I love the randomness that now I know that some lady in Canada has a problem with her loo that her neighbour Alan might be able to fix, and that she knows I love the outdoors and I'm off to Wales, or Scotland, or Oregon... .  The internet is weird and really is wonderful. 

:-)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We've had trouble with RS485 comms. The message protocol demands a response from a slave device to each command sent from the bus master. A version had to be shipped which was configured not to expect a response, because although outgoing messages reached their destination, no incoming messages were received. Our suppliers suggested using a different mPCIe card and gave us one to try. I've just verified that with it, the Test Program is completely happy with comms to and from the remote devices, and that when my copy of the software which was delivered to the users was invoked with an argument of "r=1" as opposed to "r=0" (this tells it whether to expect responses) everything is completely happy. So we can substitute the new card without having to re-issue any software and be confident that it will all work. One reason for using a compelled protocol is that you know about it straight away if a comms link gets broken or a remote device develops a fault.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    New job is fucking ace.
    Go home happy of an evening.
    Always something to do, no sitting around bored shit less for 10 hours a day.
    And it's 15 minutes in traffic away.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Apparently last night at about 3:30am I sat bolt upright in bed, pointed at our son in his cot and said "Should I put him outside, or in the heritage module?" and then went back to sleep.

Wifey is delighted as it's almost as silly as the time she woke up and angrily declared "It's all ducks!"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    monquixote;772379" said:
    Apparently last night at about 3:30am I sat bolt upright in bed, pointed at our son in his cot and said "Should I put him outside, or in the heritage module?" and then went back to sleep.

Wifey is delighted as it's almost as silly as the time she woke up and angrily declared "It's all ducks!"

Bonded with him then?
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    jd0272 said:
    monquixote;772379" said:

Bonded with him then?
    I guess that depends on if a heritage module is a good thing or a bad thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Ive always found 120 litre bin bags are handy.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Been going back to judo&BJJ after wrist injury.  Last night wasn't great, but tonight I trained and had a few fights.  Even beat the head sensei, which felt good.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited September 2015
    Had a very nice night with some old friends from school, one of whom is back to uni today. We went to his for a couple of drinks... I had some beers and a glass of wine. Then we went to a nightclub, where we would end up slamming twelve vodka shots each :D

This morning, my head feels... well, like I've done beer, wine and twelve vodka shots, but my stomach (hopefully not speaking too soon) feels remarkably stable. Result.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • 15 more minutes in work, then off home to pack for a long weekend in Madrid to watch the last day of Vuelta á España. Flying out tomorrow. :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • A guy I sometimes drink with, his son has done some p/t bar work in our local. Both father & son have let it be known that son wants a proper tech-y job, so I told them to get his cv in to my employer.

Turns out another chap who works for my employer wants to move on to other things and has let it be known that he intends to do so, inside or outside of the company, so his job is going to be up for grabs in a few months' time.

Mr MD read the cv and asked me if it was worth interviewing aforesaid young chap, and I opined that it would be.

This evening I learned that the interview had been had, and that this young guy would be starting a 3 month probation period, following that if he's got the hang of the job by then, the job is his.

Result :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A little while back I bought a job lot of old pennies from ebay and gave them to some of my hand patients and taught them some coin magic as part of their hand and finger exercises.  

Today I had my first guy come back and he disappeared a coin brilliantly!  Chuffed to bits that something so stupid has worked. :)
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom