What's Hot

Comments

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    This morning's wake up call says I am.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3917
    speshul91 said:
    This morning's wake up call says I am.

I never read your previous post and actually thought you were attempting some nice philosophical poetry there.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Well, it's taken since 8pm on Dec 18th, but my house is now starting to feel like my home again

Blagged a huge heavy thick rug off my Olds for the lounge floor, and it's doing a grand job of keeping the 136 year old floor boards 'Arctic wind tunnel simulator' at bay, heating's toasty, going to have free range egg sarnies, and possibly pate on toast. Got the Amazon Firebox at my disposal, beers in the fridge, and not at work until 4pm tomorrow. And when i'm on 4-12's at work, I get handsomely fed by the cook. The cook's another story entirely..

Of course, this is all in the 'now', and I will slip back into a depressive state once she comes after the equity in the house, but for now, I'll enjoy it.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Cool, JD - enjoy the moment.

Cheers,
    Al.
    Yeah nice one Jason. Have a good night.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Cheers Mick and Al. Watched shite on telly but warm :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Went to my first band audition last night and got asked to come back. Result! I'm a very happy bunny ATM.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mrs Stoo bought me some cool locks and picking stuff to help keep me occupied while I'm feeling unwell.  I'm being a grumpy old bastard and she's being kind to me makes me feel really loved and appreciated.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • Mrs Stoo bought me some cool locks and picking stuff to help keep me occupied while I'm feeling unwell.  I'm being a grumpy old bastard and she's being kind to me makes me feel really loved and appreciated.
    She sounds like a good woman. Be grateful :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I am. Every day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10709
    Mrs Stoo bought me some cool locks and picking stuff to help keep me occupied

Like tweezers and hairpins and things? Get well soon.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I finally have the tools I need to get my coursework done at home rather than travelling an hour into uni on my weekends. Result.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bucket said:
    I finally have the tools I need to get my coursework done at home rather than travelling an hour into uni on my weekends. Result.
    wow suitably awarded. do you mind divulging what tools?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Bucket said:
    wow suitably awarded. do you mind divulging what tools?
    A Macbook, Logic Pro and so far just a trial version of Sibelius (although I will be paying for it when that expires). Probably need to get myself an interface too in order to get the most out of Logic but apart from that, I'm all set!
  • I have a very old copy of Sibelius. Most of it works quite well. I would love to have an up-to-date version with some decent hardware to run it on. Is a Macbook the best host for it?
    edited February 2016
    I have a very old copy of Sibelius. Most of it works quite well. I would love to have an up-to-date version with some decent hardware to run it on. Is a Macbook the best host for it?
    I don't know, it seems to work fine on a PC as well - but I also need Logic and sadly, despite my intense dislike of Apple and their products, having a Mac is the only way I can use Logic at home.

I really don't like Sibelius if I'm honest. I get that it's probably still the best way of scoring music but fuck me, it's dull and takes an age.
  • Hmmm the version I've got on my Acorn RISC PC runs like snot off a stick. And it only occupies 460k when loaded (but then, it IS written in Acorn Assembler! - I guess the big slow versions are in C++)
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    edited February 2016
    Mrs Stoo bought me some cool locks and picking stuff to help keep me occupied while I'm feeling unwell.  I'm being a grumpy old bastard and she's being kind to me makes me feel really loved and appreciated.
    Someone decided he'd played with the easy stuff and more or less got the hang of it.  So some dopey pillock (not entirely sure who   :^o) had a go on the front door.  One of the tools got stuck and the pillock though that he'd bust the door.  

He was relieved when the lock got free a few seconds later.

Tune on again soon for more adventures of an unnamed pillock armed with not enough experience or knowledge attempting to open locked doors.  Allegedly. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Amazingly tired.  Suffering insomnia.  Karate grading.  Add together and mix.

Made it to purple belt.  Fell over dizzy a lot.  Earned respect from the yudansha panel for actually going through with it.  
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm going to see Stiff little fingers tomorrow night. I'm well excited!