Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• i rang up to claim on my phone insurance, they have ran out of galaxy s4's so i'm getting an s5 tonight by courier, for no extra cost.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Shitty week at work almost over. Buggered kitchen-knife-victim fingernail getting better and can almost play guitar. Sunburned legs have gone from "holy shit how can I make this stop hurting enough to walk" to "hmm, shouldn't have sat in the sun that long". 

And I took this photo at the weekend, which I'm rather proud of.

A long walk
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    Digging around trying to find the instruction manual for something I found manuals for Vestax and Digitech digital delay pedals which I do not remember having.

A minor rummage and, behold the pedals which cannot have been used for years. And they work.

Result!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I was on the train home after a night out, someone got off near me and left a sealed bottle of wine in a carrier bag. The train was quiet, no-one else was around and obviously no-one else claimed it, so when I got to my stop at the end of the line I figured I may as well take it. So I've got a free bottle of red, and the receipt :D

This probably makes me a terrible person but whatever, you'd have done the same.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    I'm now officially my wife's personal trainer. Been getting her out running for the last few weeks and she started week 4 tonight. Go Mrs Dead.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    My company has finally decided that I should have a company car!  :)
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    not_the_dj;809281" said:
    My company has finally decided that I should have a company car!  :)
    Watch the tax.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3589
    Far more money to be made running your own car unless you are doing thousands of business miles. Get the tax man to sub your car.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    ESBlonde said:
    Far more money to be made running your own car unless you are doing thousands of business miles. Get the tax man to sub your car.

I've the option for both. Need to do a lot of research on it of course as I've not yet had any real info, just agreement that I will be offered it.

Considering my car is on 140k miles and got plenty of advisories I'll need to sort before it's next MOT, and my wife's driving around in an old banger with a dent and a mismatched door it's good timing as we would have been looking to buy ourselves something privately anyway at the start of next year. It's still going to be a massive perk for me.
  • 3 day weekend starts now! :D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • A guy I sometimes drink with, his son has done some p/t bar work in our local. Both father & son have let it be known that son wants a proper tech-y job, so I told them to get his cv in to my employer.

Turns out another chap who works for my employer wants to move on to other things and has let it be known that he intends to do so, inside or outside of the company, so his job is going to be up for grabs in a few months' time.

Mr MD read the cv and asked me if it was worth interviewing aforesaid young chap, and I opined that it would be.

This evening I learned that the interview had been had, and that this young guy would be starting a 3 month probation period, following that if he's got the hang of the job by then, the job is his.

Result :)
    This 'ere young chap has had his "after your first month" interview with Mr MD, and has passed muster, so he's good for the next 2 months. :)

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4917
    Good for him, and good for you, too, for getting him the intro.  What's he doing, cutting code?
  • Nitefly said:
    Good for him, and good for you, too, for getting him the intro.  What's he doing, cutting code?
    No, he's been helping out with some electronics assembly, but that's not when he was hired for. He's intended to be helping our chap who processes a lot of the customer orders by getting a product list together and specifying the equipment to satisfy that order. I hope to get him into costing out our new PCBs by taking the BOM and finding suppliers of the components, selecting the ones with the most advantageous price/delivery time etc.

I wouldn't mind him learning the noble art of programming, or even software design, but so far he has shown more inclination to the higher levels of putting systems together. His formal education has been more in electronics and IT rather than software.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    It's just been a really good day.  Big family reunion at my uncle's funeral and because he was such an awesome bloke we all had a good time.  Big Irish funeral. 

And... today I got some extra letters after my name.  Doesn't matter what they are, (I won't stick 'em on my card) but I'm kinda proud of getting them cos it was a lot of work.  But I did it for the clinical knowledge rather than the letters.  Nice to get the acknowledgement though.

Hope everyone had a good day too!
  • For the first time in about 6 months I actually played my guitar, and enjoyed it!

After a very deep lull in my life I may be on the up.

Baby steps but it was a start, depression sucks balls big time.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My Sweet Lord for the first time since new headphones. STUNNING.
  • in 2 weeks from today the days in Blighty start getting longer again :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I was off for Xmas Day, but now I'm not. Yay !!!

Oh, hang on.......
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    jd0272 said:
    I was off for Xmas Day, but now I'm not. Yay !!!

Oh, hang on.......
    Lol

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• I'm coming home in 2 weeks :)