Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 29039
    Bucket said:
    Fucked it up royally. Still passed though.
    You have a different definition of "fucked it up royally" than me if you passed despite it!

Good work; do not be too hard on yourself. You're clearly quite good at this music lark, and you know what to concentrate on. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4948
    Excellent stuff, @Bucket - good work indeed.

The green strat sounds pretty neat, too - I once sprayed an old Aria II "The Cat" with a Ford metallic green spray-can, and it looked great (although it was a rosewood board).

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Sporky said:
    Bucket said:
    Fucked it up royally. Still passed though.
    You have a different definition of "fucked it up royally" than me if you passed despite it!

Good work; do not be too hard on yourself. You're clearly quite good at this music lark, and you know what to concentrate on. :)
    Passed the keys module overall, in spite of failing that particular exam. Got through on the strength of some performance coursework which went quite well.

And @Nitefly I've decided to stick with the rosewood board too, and I've also used car colours before - the fabulous British Leyland shade Tara Green now adorns my Dean Baby ML :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    There is a slim chance that our work van driver will be listening to Classic Fm this week.

Mostly as I've changed all his pre-sets to this.

I can foresee him having a copy of "Reign in blood" at some point this week.

Mwahahaha.
    :D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Went to a grading for judo today.  Told the very high level people in charge what was up with me, and they basically forbade me from doing anything.  Then they awarded me with a brown belt.  Which was nice.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

I sometimes think about doing martial arts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzh9koy7b1E

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Had a real good afternoon gig yesterday, owner was that pleased he's considering giving us a monthly Sat afternoon residency. Nice.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29039
    I had a very good cello lesson. Mostly in tune, mostly in time, and some good work on second position.

Turns out if you do more practice during the week you get further between lessons. Who knew?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33898
    I'm no longer going to China (flights were going to be £3k for the time I had to go) but Mrs Oct has decided she wants to get her motorcycle license and come riding with me.

This is even better.
    Her CBT is booked and she has a shiny new helmet (no jokes).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Back from my 12 month cancer check.

Still all clear.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12484
    mike_l;1111324" said:
    Back from my 12 month cancer check.

Still all clear.
    Great news sir. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Band's EP comes out today. I've heard it and it sounds great. I'm v proud :)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27610
    edited June 2016
    Exactly 10 years after my last finals paper, I paid off my student loan yesterday :D

2 months' car payments then I'll be debt free. Granted, I don't have a house yet, but it's still a good feeling!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12484
    Went into the local charity shop yesterday. Next to an ancient Fuji digital camera, with a Windows ME operating disc priced at a bargain £20, was a pair of Rodenstock sunglasses. Snagged them for £8 :)
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4065
    After years of using Spotify and just casually sticking a star against any song which I think is really good, then forgetting all about it, I discovered this evening a folder called "Starred" -- and there they all are.  It is exactly like listening to the most divergent and amazing compilation album of all the kinds of music which I love.  I am really pleased it has taken me this long to find it.
    Best compilation album ever!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I haz date tomorrow. Hoping it goes well because she's fit :D
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4948
    Bucket said:
    I haz date tomorrow. Hoping it goes well because she's fit :D
    Wahey - congrats!  Be a good lad, and don't put your hand up her skirt.

Not in the first half-hour, anyway. 
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Meh, postponed. Potentially happening on Friday now.

I dunno, it doesn't seem to me like she's super interested but who knows. Worth a punt isn't it.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Wee lass I'm 'seeing' wasn't interested, but I made her interested. Likes me 'too much' now, which is interesting.

It is what you make it. You've nowt to lose.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    edited July 2016
    jd0272 said:
    Wee lass I'm 'seeing' wasn't interested, but I made her interested. 
    @jd0272 I'm intrigued - what do you mean by that?

Closest I've got is having dropped playing bass into the conversation - that seemed to do more for her than guitar, oddly. She said "That makes me fancy you more" :D I mean I don't think she's totally uninterested but she takes ages to reply and so on.