What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    You've got more Jam than Hartleys !

Wow from me, dead jealous.

:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    @Alnico  I've had my share of bad luck, I'm enjoying life at the moment.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

edited August 2016
    mike_l said:
    @Alnico  I've had my share of bad luck, I'm enjoying life at the moment.
    I know mate.
    Dead jealous because i'm not going but dead happy for you man and it's nice to see you enjoying life.

Bring a guitar and a little amp round sometime after the concert for a jam and tell me all about it man.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Just back from a date with a girl I've been talking to for weeks. Was actually a bit awkward, not much of a spark really but it was alright. I'm kind of glad to be a bit deflated though, because she's about to move to the other end of the country so it wouldn't work anyway :lol:
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    I have been on holiday and met up with two elderly aunts for lunches plus a couple of my cousins sons (for ale), one of whom is a volunteer lifeboat crewman, so we had a private tour of the Clovelly lifeboat station.
    Lovely part of the world and nice people to be around. I have smiles.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2016
    So in the last week I have moved to London, and am in a lovely flat with my three bandmates, close to everything I need to be close to.

And I've just sorted out a new job. It's a transfer admittedly, so I still work for the same company but am in a different store with different people. And it means I won't have to travel back home on weekends for work as I had planned to. And my hours are different - no early starts, more shifts during the week and Sundays off. I am so fucking chuffed, you have no idea.
  • Bucket said:
    So in the last week I have moved to London, and am in a lovely flat with my three bandmates, close to everything I need to be close to.

And I've just sorted out a new job. It's a transfer admittedly, so I still work for the same company but am in a different store with different people. And it means I won't have to travel back home on weekends for work as I had planned to. And my hours are different - no early starts, more shifts during the week and Sundays off. I am so fucking chuffed, you have no idea.
    Nice!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    Bucket said:

And you're free of the knobhead manager. Yeah!
    Bucket said:

I remember the feeling well.
    Enjoy it and don't let some girl fuck it all up - they will do every time.
    No matter how great they are, someone somewhere is fucking sick of them,.......remember that.

Have a great time kiddo.

Which part of London are you in?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ESBlonde said:
    Bucket said:

She's gone anyway. She wasn't in for ages because her husband was having a lot of health issues, and he died not long ago. I feel for her - she was a knobhead to me before all of this happened of course, but no-one deserves that.

@Alnico Cheers man! Yeah, I'm hoping for a bit of time being single and living the life really, not looking for anything at the minute. I'm living in Kilburn now, five minutes up the road from ICMP.
    Bucket said:
    ESBlonde said:
    Bucket said:

She's gone anyway. She wasn't in for ages because her husband was having a lot of health issues, and he died not long ago. I feel for her - she was a knobhead to me before all of this happened of course, but no-one deserves that.

@Alnico Cheers man! Yeah, I'm hoping for a bit of time being single and living the life really, not looking for anything at the minute. I'm living in Kilburn now, five minutes up the road from ICMP.
    You're living in the city of opportunity.
    Make it happen man.

Well done.
  • Airport lounge at midnight. I feel like a zombie but I'm sitting at the bar and there is free champagne. 
    When life hands you champagne, make an airport..........

or something like that.
    Safe flight man !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • After a shitty few months that included finding out my best friend has got cancer and my future brother in law being killed I've gone from a minimum of a gram of weed a day to having a few drags today. Feels really weird but at the same time hugely proud as it really is an acheivement for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    speshul91 said:
    After a shitty few months that included finding out my best friend has got cancer and my future brother in law being killed I've gone from a minimum of a gram of weed a day to having a few drags today. Feels really weird but at the same time hugely proud as it really is an acheivement for me. 
    Admitting that is a big step.

Don't worry about the sleeplessness. It fades into long 14 hour sleeps after the first couple of weeks, it's just something you have to push through.
    2 weeks you will sleep without it
    4 weeks you will have amazing clarity of vision and mind
    8 weeks you will be so far past it as to not miss it and by now you've discovered life can happen without it
    12 weeks and it's out of your system entirely

Be warned, anything over 2 weeks and a relapse will hit you very hard. That first joint after any more than 2 weeks off will knock you for six. Then you will have reset everything pretty much after one or two joints so best to avoid that if you can.

Going from being a daily smoker to an occasional one is the hardest, way harder than giving up.
    It's possible but the discipline in between smoking is really tough.
    If you want to try this, leave a bag in your tin untouched for as many days as you can manage and train yourself to go one more day each time. After a while you will successfully reach a week. Then you're  a weekend smoker and have more control over it but the regime to not smoke through the week won't be easy. Not impossible, just not easy.

PM me anytime man, i've got a fuck ton of first hand experience.
  • So I've been on a bit of a downward spiral for the last few weeks. I think I've decreased my steroids to quickly (following doctors orders) and so I was thinking about skipping BJJ tonight.  Also I'm so tired it took me 4 attempts to spell tonight.

I thought 'sod it, if I need to stop I'll just stop and get my energy back' and off I went.  

Good job I did as the bloke in charge decided that tonight was handing out stripes night and I am now the proud owner of sore arms and a stripe on my white belt.  

Mrs Stoo just commented that my senseis have put me up for promotion while I've been really badly affected by my illness.  It's an odd feeling.  But I'm really happy.  And knackered.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I are getting an elderly cat this evening. Pics to follow.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

I just picked up my Strat and had a quick unplugged jam over "Need Your Love So Bad".

I managed to come up with some ideas I really like, which are restrained and tasteful enough, outline some of the harmony and have nice phrasing, but still sound like me rather than someone else. Maybe there's a grizzled bluesman in me yet :lol:
  • As well as a Waitrose, I now, quite literally, live above a Nando's :)
  • I got promoted to Area Level Referee.  Handily in time for the national competition tomorrow.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo