Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• mike_l said:
    A small thing, but today I caught the biggest perch of the season so far for myself.

It's not much, but it picks me up.

Pics dude, pics, and what size?

No pics, it's wasn't big!! Just biggest of the season for me ;)

It probably nudged a bit over a pound, needed netting. I'm learning some new (to me) techniques that's more static luring - so using imitation worms and creatures/crayfish on flex heads and carolina rigs. So far I'm using only UL stuff (2", 4" worms and 2.5" crayfish/frogs on 1.5g and 2.5g cheburashka/flex heads) and practising pulling out perch so when the rivers swell up a bit I can move up to the big 5" crayfish lures and big stick baits on heavier flex heads to try to pick out a proper specimen and have some confidence in what I'm doing. 

I had a huge perch follow a jerkbait three seasons ago, but the fishing the last couple of years has been atrocious. Luckily, the fish have recovered in a big way and I reckon this will be the year I get my first 2lber.

Side note, although I've caught on loads of lures recently, these are great fun to use. https://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/m/prod_detail.php?products_id=3797

Despite the size, it's amazing how ambitious tiny wasps of perch can be! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just had a message from our favourite holiday place, offering free, extra days to the holiday we'd booked.
    I'm not sure we've ever needed a holiday this much and it's cheered us up no end!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Looks like a friend has got me a ticket for HRHProg. Well excited. Looks liks Octember and Novmember are lining up to be awesome gig going months.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• oafoaf Frets: 300
    My wife has been very ill this year and after a tough 9 months we had a great night out a couple of weeks ago - at a fireworks festival!

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Fridays jam night basically turned into a gig.
    Was muchos fun.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3589
    The sun shines and the weekend approaches. Whats not to like.

We need more happyness in our lives.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    My eldest son helped me do the garden this morning and it's nice to know I can relax tomorrow for a change. Car is getting remapped in the morning so I'm a bit excited for that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I handed in a wallet yesterday packed with cards and some money. To my surprise my son lost his wallet containing his new £140 bus pass last night so we were on a bit of a downer until 10 minutes ago. His wallet containing the bus pass has been handed into the bus depot.

There really are still good peeps out there.
  • vizviz Frets: 10696
    edited October 2017
    I've been looking for my lost wallet since last weekend. Today for example I've just spent half an hour rooting through my leads bags and in the back of my amp that I used at last weekend's gig. I've rung all the local shops and gone through my pockets a million times. Then I read your post and seriously wondered if it could have been mine that you found. Then literally one minute later, a minute ago, I realised it's in the back pocket of the jeans I'm wearing. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If it'd been yours Viz I'd have put a ransom on it until you'd got me a meeting with Rat Scabies. Glad you found it, although I thought I was forgetful!!??
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10696
    Deadman said:
    If it'd been yours Viz I'd have put a ransom on it until you'd got me a meeting with Rat Scabies. Glad you found it, although I thought I was forgetful!!??
    Ha :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    edited October 2017
    One of my cats went missing in early June and hadn't been seen since so we presumed a while back that he had gone for good.

Watching telly last night and he comes crashing through the catflap meowing his head off! He's quite thin but isn't hurt and spent the next hour eating everything in sight. He then spent most of last night on my bed purring away and clawing my chest.

What the hell happened to him, or where the hell he's been for the last 4 months is a complete mystery. I wish he could tell us. Still can't believe he's back!...
    0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    While travelling in the depths of France a few days ago an enforced three-point-turn resulted in the rear of the camper having an altercation with a low bollard. Rear bumper assembly with light clusters fell off in the road and things looked grim. Enter a jovial Frenchman who opened up his courtyard to drive the camper off the road. Then disappeared inside for a few minutes and came back armed with drill and an assortment of fixings and some duct tape. We soon had everything back together as a semi-permanent fix. The good Samaritan explained that he is a French-Moroccan Muslim and particularly wanted us to know that most Muslims are good people who like to help others. I found it a little sad that he needed to excuse his religion but that's unfortunately what the actions of a relatively small number of extremists have done. A nicer bloke you could never meet. He certainly saved the day.
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Great stories in the last two posts. Wows awarded. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    My two lads (6 and 8) are loving watching "Star Fleet" (aka X Bomber) from Saturday mornings back in the early 80s. 
  • First night of my new martial arts club.

Got a few students, not too many so it relieved the pressure, and it went really well.  Better than I'd hoped.

Seems like I've got quite a long haul of this to go.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    First night of my new martial arts club.

Got a few students, not too many so it relieved the pressure, and it went really well.  Better than I'd hoped.

Seems like I've got quite a long haul of this to go.
    I wish you every success with that. I ran a couple of karate clubs for seven years. It was a big commitment but seeing the students progress to do well in regional and national events was very rewarding. I made a lot of really good friends too. Even had two of my students marry -  my daughter was their bridesmaid :)  Good days.

Best wishes
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4917
    I'm off to Cyprus in the morning - my youngest is getting married there, so it's a 2-week holiday for Mum and Dad  =)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Trying to sort stuff out in the lounge and in the music room. Assembled the Quad 33/FM3/303 for the first time in yonks and hooked it up to the B&W DM4s. Yep, old stuff. but hey, the sound of it was magic :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Trying to sort stuff out in the lounge and in the music room. Assembled the Quad 33/FM3/303 for the first time in yonks and hooked it up to the B&W DM4s. Yep, old stuff. but hey, the sound of it was magic :)
    An old workmate of mine that I keep in touch with has some Quad stuff in his loft. It sounds like he has the electrostatic speakers too (he says he thinks they looked like radiators). I keep offering to buy it all off him but he always fobs me off, saying it's too much hassle to get up there and find it.