Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Bucket said:
    speshul91 said:
    @Bucket I'm fighting the same battle mate, i actually agree with @Sambostar for once, a hat is an absolute gpd send for taming it. 
    Or the old footballer's-hairband trick, which isn't the best look but is great for keeping it out of your eyes.
    Just no. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited May 2017
    Bucket said:
    speshul91 said:
    @Bucket I'm fighting the same battle mate, i actually agree with @Sambostar for once, a hat is an absolute gpd send for taming it. 
    Or the old footballer's-hairband trick, which isn't the best look but is great for keeping it out of your eyes.

I want to try this, but wearing a band when your hair starts level with your ears makes you look a cunt.

*Edit, look more of a cunt, before @octatonic gets in.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    This week nothing will upset me.

Off to see Maiden on sunday with @not_the_dj ; and off work for 10 days after Friday.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    Just the perfect moment this morning when a full-on, f*cking terrified of needles, needle phobic looks at their arm (which has needles in it), looks at my arm (which has needles in it), and is laughing.  Laughing at the absurdity of being terrified of needles and not-being-terrified of needles.  Total head f*ck at first and then it integrates to normality. 
    But watching someone have that moment always puts a smile on my face.  This morning was extra smiley!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    I feel a bit guilty for two smiles on the trot but today I just heard the best sound ever.
    My postman was stuffing 100 yellow rubber ducks through my letter box.
    I didn't know they were squeaky rubber ducks.
    You've not lived till you've heard 100 squeaky rubber ducks stuffed through your letter box.

6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited June 2017
    Weird thing happened tonight. I was at one of my dad's covers band's gigs, in which I often get up and do a couple of numbers on lead guitar. The usual deal is that I play in a way that would get me kicked out of pretty much any other covers band - I go on for far too long and show off every trick in my bag like a complete fucking tool, and all the drunk people in the crowd go mental for it. Which, as I'm sure you'll imagine, is very satisfying.

Anyway. I did that tonight, and after I came off I was at the bar, getting a glass of water. A couple came over to me - probably in their mid-20s, with Australian/Kiwi accents, and were talking to me. It was pretty obvious from the start that they were both a couple of sheets to the wind - not the full three, definitely more than one though - but the bloke told me he was a percussionist and we chatted about music for a minute or two. Meanwhile, the girl (his girlfriend, I assume) had been looking at me. She kept trying to talk to me but I could barely hear her over the music, and eventually I parted ways with them and went off back to where I had been.

Then a few minutes later, she came over again, and flat out asked me to come back to her house. This has never happened to me before - being propositioned, very overtly, by a complete stranger - and yes, a very good-looking one, it must be said. It took me very much by surprise, especially given that she was with someone I could only assume was her boyfriend. I said "I can't, sorry". She kept asking me, and I kept saying no, and she walked off. Then about ten minutes later, she came over again, and asked again. I said "I have a girlfriend, sorry." She didn't seem to accept that, so I said it again, and she looked a bit put out and walked away. My dad and sister saw all of this and were splitting their sides laughing when I told them. As flattered as I was by that kind of attention, the whole situation made me feel really uneasy and weird. May be because it's never happened before.

Then I texted my girlfriend.

I told her everything that had happened - mainly because I was just feeling weird, more than anything else. She often says she's noticed girls eyeing me up (I haven't, but she's pretty sure) and although she knows she can trust me, I think it bothers her. So I'd been half expecting her to freak out a bit over it, and I would have understood if she'd come over all jealous and possessive, but that wouldn't have been a particularly fun situation to have to deal with - not that she's ever been like that, but I have been with someone else who was, and she'd probably have gone nuts over it. So I was very happy when Miss Bucket replied with three crying-with-laughter emojis, and "Well it's because you're so beautiful. I wonder if they wanted a threesome."

I don't know why this situation in particular made me think, but it reminded me I am very lucky to have her. She's really cool.

tl;dr - humblebrag of the goddam century. I do feel ashamed.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    Also, I spent two hours playing through my Mesa earlier, which crapped out on me a couple of weeks ago but now works perfectly again. Feels good to have it back in full working order. Even though I'm going to sell it soon to fund a complete change of rig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    To be honest @Bucket if you look even half as good as your profile pic on here... I'd invite you home too. What a handsome animal 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    As honey badgers go, I'm fucking hot. I am aware of that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10708
    Bucket said:

Best way of avoiding making it look like a humblebrag is to post it in the piss-boil thread not in the smiley happy thread ;)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    viz said:
    Bucket said:

Best way of avoiding making it look like a humblebrag is to post it in the piss-boil thread not in the smiley happy thread ;)
    But it didn't boil my piss. Just unsettled it briefly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just counted up a load of spare change from the last couple of years, which I had sitting in a jar.

In addition to some notes I've put aside in the last month or two, I have £98 that I can now pay in. Lovely.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    I help raise donations to a charity at Ross Nobles tours. We raised £22,000 this tour. Chuffed
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10708
    rsvmark said:
    I help raise donations to a charity at Ross Nobles tours. We raised £22,000 this tour. Chuffed
    Excellent!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    I have a new job.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Bucket said:
    I have a new job.
    Yay!!
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Bucket said:
    I have a new job.
    Good work, @Bucket - does this mean you can go on holiday after all?
    Nitefly said:
    Bucket said:
    I have a new job.
    Good work, @Bucket - does this mean you can go on holiday after all?
    Ah, that - well, this is a school job so it starts in September. I probably won't be able to quit my old job until the second half of August, so the answer is still no :lol: Although to their credit, they've been ok at swapping my shifts around for those weeks so a fair amount of that is sorted out now.
    Ya boi's degree results are in.

Got a first.

Yeah man.
    0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3594
    Bucket deserves a wow. congratulations.

I have been saving my pennies hard for several years and seem to have spent it all in the last 3 weeks. New 22ft long Workshop erected in the back garden and tonight Mathew i'm going to collect a new(ish) automobile. Kept the Skoda for over 4 years because it's been brilliant but at 137,000mls I suspect clutch and Cambelt are pending so time to offload it. if the Volvo has the same reliability and similar economy I'll be an even happier bunny.