Things you don't see any more

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22162
    @MagicPigDetective I got into using multibiros as a chef. Having multiple colours to hand when doing my inventory checks and order sheets made things so much easier. Order sheets would generally be a list of everything we used on a grid, maybe six sheets depending on where I was ordering from for a particular order. Anything I was fine for would get a black X, a green number would denote how many things to order of one item. A red circle would denote me being unsure and would act as a reminder for me to check against another order sheet pile rather than to order too much. Having multiple colours in one pen = way easier than carrying three pens around and helped me be more accurate with orders. 

Then writing prep lists: different colours for different sections. :)

Now they get used for everything possible. The chunkiness helps me write better. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Flashing Blade
    ah chevalier de recci , i start my watch of this in 2 days just about to finish robinson crusoe , i always watch them in the school holidays like i always did  ...  youve got to fight for what you want etc ...
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    Don't know if this culturally sophisticated high brow point reached Englandshire and beyond but Tennents Lager Lovelies.

Google's yer chum on this one...... :)

H

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Lager ads generally

Castlemaine xxxx
    Paul Hogan Fosters ads
    The Lager of Lamot 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    shugz said:
    Don't know if this culturally sophisticated high brow point reached Englandshire and beyond but Tennents Lager Lovelies.

H
    Not quite gone...

https://i.imgur.com/dAew7Nf.jpg
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    shugz said:

H

I did the brewery tour last year, saw the lot!

Also, they have a video showing continuous TV commercials (which of course we never got in England) - some of those are absolutely priceless!

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14284
    tFB Trader
    Fountain Pens and those ink pots + blotting paper - no you can still buy them but can't recall last time I saw one in use

England test cricketers making a 100 opening partnership

• broken cassettes on the roadside with piles of brown tape curling over the place
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Rsoles

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I need help and I can't remember what they are called

Kids soap box/trolley cars - pram wheels etc - build your own - find  a hill and make  a death trap but good fun
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 283

Kids soap box/trolley cars - pram wheels etc - build your own - find  a hill and make  a death trap but good fun
    Bogeys (yes, really).
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334

That was a gambo in my neck of the woods 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    Fountain Pens and those ink pots + blotting paper - no you can still buy them but can't recall last time I saw one in use
    I write all the cards I send and all gift tags on presents with a fountain pen - a Montblanc I bought in Harrod’s nearly 30 years ago.

I’m probably a walking anachronism....
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    underdog said:

That was a gambo in my neck of the woods 
    It was a guider down ma bit!
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    edited August 2018
    I think the white dog poo thing is due to bone in their diet. If you feed them crap food like Baker's etc then it won't have that in it but feed them raw or higher quality biscuit foods and you'll get your beloved white poos back. Bone helps with digestion or something - we used to feed our GSD raw chicken carcasses. Disgusting to store in the fridge but he loved it!
    edited August 2018

go carts
    in the south...

https://www.google.com/search?q=homemade+pram+wheel+go+kart&num=50&safe=off&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Er4C1dRTBwHCOM%253A%252CDI0wvHeutZr_BM%252C_&usg=AFrqEzctswdgudwXQk3lodGlqqPtpTh5Qw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiG47CQ4-TcAhWQGewKHbs3ACEQ9QEwAXoECAUQBg#imgrc=9aK6sdiptbsjAM:
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

I had a BX less than 20 years ago, and although they were getting rarer then there were still quite a few about. Now you don't seem to see them at all - the long-term prospects were not good for all that hydraulic tubing, which corroded away. Although you could get stainless steel replacements, it was cost-prohibitive to do the whole car.

You don't even see many Xantias, which was the following model - mine went for scrap nearly ten years ago, although it was the engine management controller which killed it, not the hydraulics.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

@ICBM ; -- yes I took over my Father's BX when he died and put 120,000 miles on it. When it came to sell it nobody was interested even though was still a clean car with an engine that really tramped.

I did sell it for £50 to a guy that had another GTi that needed a replacement tacho and buying (and scrapping) my whole car was the cheapest option for him!

http://i67.tinypic.com/5mwk8h.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    ICBM said:
    Citroën BXs - or most of the other hydraulic-suspension models.

I had a BX less than 20 years ago, and although they were getting rarer then there were still quite a few about. Now you don't seem to see them at all - the long-term prospects were not good for all that hydraulic tubing, which corroded away. Although you could get stainless steel replacements, it was cost-prohibitive to do the whole car.

You don't even see many Xantias, which was the following model - mine went for scrap nearly ten years ago, although it was the engine management controller which killed it, not the hydraulics.
    That seems to apply to lots of cars. Considering the  millions of Mondeos and Cavaliers that were sold, you hardly see any on the road. 
  • boogieman said:

That seems to apply to lots of cars. Considering the  millions of Mondeos and Cavaliers that were sold, you hardly see any on the road. 
    I think they weren't designed to last this long, and although some of them might have been reliable runners they don't have the character that causes people to cherish them
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself