Damn... broke my arm.

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    Bridgehouse said:

The more I play P basses the more I think it’s a combination of pickup type, position, scale length and bridge position. You already know I love that piano like tone, but I do like a good variety of bass tones - whenever I’ve heard mustangs I’ve thought they sounded punchy and snappy with just a little less sustain.
    Yes, exactly. The slight lack of sustain is actually an advantage for the sort of picked fuzzy stuff I play :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    ICBM said:
    Bridgehouse said:

The more I play P basses the more I think it’s a combination of pickup type, position, scale length and bridge position. You already know I love that piano like tone, but I do like a good variety of bass tones - whenever I’ve heard mustangs I’ve thought they sounded punchy and snappy with just a little less sustain.
    Yes, exactly. The slight lack of sustain is actually an advantage for the sort of picked fuzzy stuff I play :).
    A lot of the stuff I play in our originals band needs a clear, definite sustained bass sound to accentuate the dynamics! 

Tho there’s a few times I’ve thought that a thumpy short scale would work well - hence why I’ve always had a hankering for a short scale Gibson or one of those harmony h22’s.

That said, a musicmaster with a swapped pickup also appeals for pure simplicity as well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom