Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Official FB Jam - Sasquatch (Huddersfield) Edition - 16/17th February 2019 - Weekender!!

What's Hot

Comments

• Also - especially if we're struggling for money - I think we should self-produce the recordings this time.  Get the stems off Bob and do it ourselves.  There's the Mixing Challenge on here, I think @poopot said he'd welcome any raw material for the challenge to work with.  Also maybe amongst us on here we could have a go at producing a few tracks.  I certainly could do a fair few at home.
    Are there people attending that are actually fussed about being recorded?? Could this save money if we just "jammed" instead of being recorded?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    Also - especially if we're struggling for money - I think we should self-produce the recordings this time.  Get the stems off Bob and do it ourselves.  There's the Mixing Challenge on here, I think @poopot said he'd welcome any raw material for the challenge to work with.  Also maybe amongst us on here we could have a go at producing a few tracks.  I certainly could do a fair few at home.
    Are there people attending that are actually fussed about being recorded?? Could this save money if we just "jammed" instead of being recorded?
    AFAIK we've hired the whole of Bob's place (and Bob!) for the two days so I'd be surprised if it was any cheaper if it wasn't recorded.  I do like having an aural souvenir of the weekend.  But we could spend more time jamming in the studio room than we've done before and record that - an epic 20 minute jam recording would be awesome!  Maybe on the Sunday.
  • Also - especially if we're struggling for money - I think we should self-produce the recordings this time.  Get the stems off Bob and do it ourselves.  There's the Mixing Challenge on here, I think @poopot said he'd welcome any raw material for the challenge to work with.  Also maybe amongst us on here we could have a go at producing a few tracks.  I certainly could do a fair few at home.
    AFAIK we've hired the whole of Bob's place (and Bob!) for the two days so I'd be surprised if it was any cheaper if it wasn't recorded.  I do like having an aural souvenir of the weekend.  But we could spend more time jamming in the studio room than we've done before and record that - an epic 20 minute jam recording would be awesome!  Maybe on the Sunday.
    If it's an aural souvenir I'm getting, then crack on ;-)
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    edited January 2019
    I think of it more as an inspiration to improvement rather than a souvenir. Much like the scars that remind you not to cut things you're holding in your palm, or unblock an injection moulding machine without letting it cool ...
  • I'll be thinking of you all when I'm shivering in -30°C. Sasquatch in February will be balmy by comparison :o
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6812
    I thought Legionreturns had been training up all the kids in Yorkshire with his YBTB thingy. Aren’t there hoarders of 10 year old virtuosos dying to join the old folk in a jam?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Snags said:
    @Modellista I'd totally forgotten about Highway to Hell on the gig list.  Feel free to drop that if others don't step up - I'm only in there as a kind of generic "Yeah, I like AC/DC and most of the rhythm parts are manageable" position.
    I think we had better drop that one.

^ I'm quite liking this amended gig list.  @mrkb can you sing Paranoid?  And we can shuffle at least three of those into the studio as well.  @Legionreturns do you fancy doing Rick in the studio?
    Will check it out, I might be able to do it better than Ozzy, but won’t be able to belt it out like Ed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I think it's high time @darthed1981 mounted his white steed and rode in to rescue us from mediocre vocals...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I think it's high time @darthed1981 mounted his white steed and rode in to rescue us from mediocre vocals...
    Hey!  Ive started a having a few singing lessons.... well second one is this week... first one was mostly about moving my diaphragm and going Hooo Ha Ha!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    I think it's high time @darthed1981 mounted his white steed and rode in to rescue us from mediocre vocals...
    Hey!  Ive started a having a few singing lessons.... well second one is this week... first one was mostly about moving my diaphragm and going Hooo Ha Ha!
    My first singing lesson is tomorrow.  Danger Zone is on the list!
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    I need to pay (and book hotel) but stick me down for one of the guitars on Brown Sugar! 
    sticker said:
    I need to pay (and book hotel) but stick me down for one of the guitars on Brown Sugar! 
    Excellent, do you want to try the solo as well (make up the horns part)? 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    @Modellista - might as well drop wishing well, I can play drums on my own at home ;)

promote Pretty Vacant to the studio list
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    @Modellista - might as well drop wishing well, I can play drums on my own at home ;)

promote Pretty Vacant to the studio list
    Ok, Brown Sugar is staying but Wishing Well and Crossroads are gone.  Anyone want to shout for another song to be promoted from the gig list?
  • Dancing in the moonlight? 

• stickersticker Frets: 869
    mrkb said:
    sticker said:
    I’m not really a guitar solo kind of player (if that makes any sense) I’d rather do what I did at Hertford yesterday ie rhythm and a few fills if possible ...
  • Anyone clever enough to cobble together a quick flyer for the club to distribute? 

Ping me here or on Facebook for details that need to go on it 

sticker said:
    mrkb said:
    sticker said:
    I’m not really a guitar solo kind of player (if that makes any sense) I’d rather do what I did at Hertford yesterday ie rhythm and a few fills if possible ...
    Ok, that’s fine with me, I’ll come prepared to wing a solo.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    @Legionreturns If you do Dancing and no-one else is stepping up for vocals I'll add it the list for my teacher (oh yes, singing lessons have started here, too)
  • Totally geared up for this - was playing all night tonight!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom