Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Official FB Jam - Sasquatch (Huddersfield) Edition - 16/17th February 2019 - Weekender!!

What's Hot

Comments

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    catch up time.

I Won't Back Down: I can do the solo 

L'il Devil riffs: yes, not played it since August but can brush it up!

Ace of Spades: I don't have the chops to do a creditable solo on this so please cut me from the solo slot but I'll put some time into learning the riffs.

Fight For Your Right: solo + rhythm yes no problem, love it!

Please drop me from Remedy and Girl From Mars, simply won't get time to learn them.

I apologise for admin overhead to @Modellista, and if that messes anyone's plans, but better to call it now then let you down on the day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Snags said:
    @Modellista I'd totally forgotten about Highway to Hell on the gig list.  Feel free to drop that if others don't step up - I'm only in there as a kind of generic "Yeah, I like AC/DC and most of the rhythm parts are manageable" position.
    I think we had better drop that one.

^ I'm quite liking this amended gig list.  @mrkb can you sing Paranoid?  And we can shuffle at least three of those into the studio as well.  @Legionreturns do you fancy doing Rick in the studio?
    Is this current and complete?

The only one I know on that list is Free World.
  • I've now got 2 plus ones (or is that one plus 2?) so I'll whoosh them over the list. 

I know one if them is keen on doing the Hendrix version of Watchtower, and would like to sing and play lead. He's also a competent drummer and happy to learn stuff. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5371
    My +1 is too busy living his life to actually respond helpfully, but I'm sure will just fit in on the day (studio only)
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I'm drinking with a potential +1... Guitarist from my band.. we're both awful flakes which is why we get on so well... So maybe, maybe not.. :)
  • Happy to relinquish Watchtower @Legionreturns ;
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• I've now got 2 plus ones (or is that one plus 2?) so I'll whoosh them over the list. 

I know one if them is keen on doing the Hendrix version of Watchtower, and would like to sing and play lead. He's also a competent drummer and happy to learn stuff. 
    I presume this is Hans?  I'll put him on the sheet.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    edited February 2019
    edited February 2019
    ^ changes made.  Added key signatures.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited February 2019
    The chords on Dancing in the moonlight are pretty straightforward, but the solo is a little tricksy. Anyone fancy it? Might be right up your street @bloodandtears ;

Also, Hans is working on the drums for it @Modellista ;

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • stickersticker Frets: 869

Paid !

I'd better book the Cambridge and do some practicing then .....

• The chords on Dancing in the moonlight are pretty straightforward, but the solo is a little tricksy. Anyone fancy it? Might be right up your street @bloodandtears ;

Also, Hans is working on the drums for it @Modellista ;

Only if I get chance to jam it at the room...

Got more than enough to have to learn already... I can relinquish more should anybody feel they want more...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

started work on Ace of Spades yesterday - well out of my comfort zone tempo wise. no matter that's what we're here for.
  • Wondering what he to bring. PRS and Larrivee? Hmm..
    edited February 2019
    ^ sounds good. I always bring my PRS Vela because it does everything well. And I chuck in another electric for good measure which is often a bit of a wildcard. Then I blag a go on someone’s acoustic for the gig. L’arrivée you say... 
  • I had a mega karaoke session in private at home last night to run through the songs I'm supposed to be singing/howling/wailing on.  Notes:

@sticker - any chance you could do some harmonies on Day Tripper?  They're a big part of the song and we did well together on Take It Easy last year.

Need Your Love So Bad - a nice soulful one to sing, if a bit dirgey.  Maybe we could speed this up a bit @CustomPedalBoards?

Learn To Fly should be relatively straightforward apart from the weird bridge bit.  I might do a chord sheet so @mrkb and I are on the same page - unless you've already done one of your impressive multicoloured ones, Mark?

Paradise City - should be ok, singing it an octave down.  Are you tuning in G standard @thomasross20? ;

I Think We're Alone Now - my Cover Challenge version is here - @sticker and @Bridgehouse - this is in C so I can sing it without castration.  Different to the record so might be worth a listen of the new arrangement.  @sticker I guess you're doing the rhythm and I'll just play the leads?

Remedy is a weird one to sing.  And it really does need two singers, one to do the male part and one to do the female call-and-response part in the chorus.  We're down to do two versions of this - either me and Mark can dep on each other's versions, or was there a rumour that there might be female company again?  

That's it!  Any thoughts, guys?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6813
    @Modellista ;  Just got all the Remedy ending lyrics sorted, and have a learning to fly chord lyric chart. PM me your email address and I’ll send them through.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5371
    Learning to Fly is in the recorded key, right? I've largely learnt the bass part by position rather than note, so transposing on the day might get interesting :)