Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    quarky said:
    I can't imagine top players being attracted to United, or playing, for someone like Howe. No way is he the right fit for United. I would rather have Gary Neville.. I think there are still some top managers would be interesting in taking the United job though. 
    I would love someone like Gary Neville to be a successful Man U manager. Proper Utd player from when players knew what it meant. OK, his first attempt at management was unsuccessful but he sure knows his stuff, I think he could still have potential. I'd swap him in for Mourinho right now!

Poch could be good for us, but does he have his eye on Real down the line?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    edited December 2018
    quarky said:
    I can't imagine top players being attracted to United, or playing, for someone like Howe. No way is he the right fit for United. I would rather have Gary Neville.. I think there are still some top managers would be interesting in taking the United job though. 
    There's always going to be interest in playing for, and managing, Manchester United. In spite of where we are at the moment, we are arguably one of the top three or four biggest clubs in the world. Manchester City on the other hand have to advertise their spare seats for their Christmas fixtures on Talk Sport. They can't even fill their own stadium with their own supporters. How embarrassing is that?

The question is, who is the right manager? SAF came from a small club and made Manchester United work, so we don't need a big name. We need the right name. Someone who isn't afraid of making decisions and who is able to get rid of players who are disruptive, not pulling their weight, or who are simply not good enough for us.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2288
    Man U are 6th. With a goal difference of zero. Zero!  Unbelievable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited December 2018
    I can't see Poch taking it, right now it's a step down from a good team he has built.

Rodgers would do it, and honestly I don't think there's a Liverpool connection in the same way as Rafa, that man is a true legend of the City and not just for football reasons.

As for Gerrard, I think he'd probably manage Everton before Man U to be honest.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Rodgers can fuck right off. ha
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 340
    It pains me to say it but Klopp would have been perfect for Man U when Fergie left. High intensity attack minded and he has the personality to have coped at Old Trafford 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    monkey42 said:
    It pains me to say it but Klopp would have been perfect for Man U when Fergie left. High intensity attack minded and he has the personality to have coped at Old Trafford 
    Don't despair, His Best man may be available soon..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    monkey42 said:
    Yeah, I was disappointed when we didn't get him, I had a good feeling about him at the time and he has really brought Liverpool on. 

No to Rogers. Just no. 

• I like Klopp and Poch, but in about 7 seasons between them they have won nothing.  Both play great football but surely this season they both need to win something? Or is playing nice football enough?

I think Klopp especially, with the money he has spent needs to win something this year, especially as they are so close to being the best.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2018

I like Klopp and Poch, but in about 7 seasons between them they have won nothing.  Both play great football but surely this season they both need to win something? Or is playing nice football enough?

I think Klopp especially, with the money he has spent needs to win something this year, especially as they are so close to being the best.

I disagree, the other season Lecister won the league, look how they "progressed" since, both clubs would love to win something, but right now competing for the league and building a future with a youth set up that can have stars added to is what is needed. Some sustainability.

I'd rather finish 2nd close to city and win nothing than 4th with an FA cup.

To measure progress in cups is a narrow view in my opinion.

Also disagree Liverpool are at their best, we really haven't played very well this season yet, our front 3 are not in form at all, and our midfield is still bedding in 2 players we bought in the summer, neither of which have played much until this past few weeks.

I don't think we see the best of this team for a season or 2 to be honest with you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    edited December 2018
    I think everyone is being a bit tough on old stony face Mourinho. I’d like to see him there for another 5 or 6 seasons at the very least.......like everyone else in the Kop on Sunday 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:

I like Klopp and Poch, but in about 7 seasons between them they have won nothing.  Both play great football but surely this season they both need to win something? Or is playing nice football enough?

I disagree, the other season Lecister won the league, look how they "progressed" since, both clubs would love to win something, but right now competing for the league and building a future with a youth set up that can have stars added to is what is needed. Some sustainability.

Also disagree Liverpool are at their best, we really haven't played very well this season yet, our front 3 are not in form at all, and our midfield is still bedding in 2 players we bought in the summer, neither of which have played much until this past few weeks.

I don't think we see the best of this team for a season or 2 to be honest with you.
    Possibly, but Klopp has spent £390m, I'm not sure that is slow burning sustainability at work.

edited December 2018
    underdog said:

Possibly, but Klopp has spent £390m, I'm not sure that is slow burning sustainability at work.

The net spend since Klopp has been in charge is actually £112m, which is basically the club's "earnings", seems pretty sustainable to me.

Jose's is over £300m at Man U. Liverpool have made some smart buys in Robertson, Shaq, even Salah was "cheap". When they've spent big money the players have immediately improved the team, like at CB and in goal.
  • underdog said:
    underdog said:

The net spend since Klopp has been in charge is actually £112m, which is basically the club's "earnings", seems pretty sustainable to me.

Jose's is over £300m at Man U. Liverpool have made some smart buys in Robertson, Shaq, even Salah was "cheap". When they've spent big money the players have immediately improved the team, like at CB and in goal.
    Yeah we’ve bought some right shit, probably a good example of aimless desperation.  Liverpool have definitely bought well, no doubt about that. 
    United seem to go for the name without any consideration of whether they are either past it or actually going to be the right player for the tream.  My only point really was Liverpool have made some big investments and owners / investors / fans will like to see a return at some point.  Klopp has lost the last 6 or so finals, a duck he could do with breaking sooner rather than later.  But yeah, it’s not all about silverwear, I’d take good performances and heading in the right direction over the FA cup right now...
    But that’s because were firmly heading in the wrong direction....
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    He's out now.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    He's out now.

Bet that's bloody expensive 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    So caretaker until the end of the season.. Hope they line someone good up for the end.
  • Ding dong the witch is dead. 
    Sky are saying Carrick will take over.

Not sure if it's true, and I'm not sure it's the right choice