Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Yay! I'm dancing around the room at work!!!!!!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Yay! I'm dancing around the room at work!!!!!!!!
    That'll end when Pardew arrives...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Do the right thing: save Rafa from Newcastle. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    What are the options then?

Carrick?
    Big Sam? 
    'arry?
    Zidane?
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    Now there are worried fans of other clubs out there. We're coming to steal your manager!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6390
    Ince ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback

• The first appointment should be a Director of Football or similar.  The club need to modernise, Woodward needs to concentrate on marketing and pass the overall football side to somebody else.  There has been talk of this recently and also rumours that Jose was resistant to the appointment, so it makes sense that this will now proceed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowen said:
    What are the options then?

Carrick?
    Big Sam? 
    'arry?
    Zidane?
    Big Sam has a proven track record of saving dire clubs from relegation. 

He's perfect 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Some rumours it could be Ole!

Also a BBC journo on twitter saying Woody met with Poch many times this last month, and would be stunned if he didn't take over in the summer
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264

Interesting how someone can so spectacularly lose their abilities. JM was at one point the most successful manager in the game, but over recent years he seems to have lost all his magic. Maybe its a factor of self propelled arrogance, believing your own legend and that.

I read something earlier that David Moyes contract is still running - bonkers.

Pocchetino, Zidane or Simeone would be on my list. Rafa? Not sure he'd be right for them, and the Liverpool connection might be a bit too much for the Mancs to stomach.

Squeaky bum time for Spurs!

I'm not saying that Poch would necessarily want to go, but like Man U or not it is a top job in Football, and proper glory for anyone who can restore them to Fergie levels.
    A serious list...

Potchettino
    Guardiola
    Zidane
    Rafa Benitez
    Nuno Espirito Santo
    Lucien Favre (Dortmund)
    Massimiliano Allegri (Juve)
    Diego Simeone (Ath. Madrid)

Of course some will be saying these are too good for Manchester United, they would be stepping down. But when Manchester United come calling it really is a hard thing to turn us down.

Guardiola may surprise some people. I think he will leave City at some point (probably when they have a transfer embargo for breaching the FFP rules) and they will revert from being exciting Guardiola City to being - like Mr Benn at the end of the programme - plain old, boring Manchester City. I think he would be welcomed with open arms at Old Trafford for two reasons, one being he is probably the best manager in the best manager in the world right now, and two, it would really annoy the noisy neighbours.

Santo has done a brilliant job at Wolves, there is no denying it, and he is worthy of serious consideration.

Rafa has an unfortunate Liverpool connection, but he could exorcise those particular demons by spending a huge pot of money at Manchester United and winning many, many more trophies and titles.

Zidane. Hmm. Yes he has won things and won them well at Real, but he has no Premier League experience and he would be more of a risk.

Favre has done well at Dortmund, and he has shown real skill in bringing on young talent like Jaydon Sancho, which is something we need.

I have one more name, perhaps even more controversial than Guardiola or Rafa; Bielsa at Leeds United. Yes, Leeds. White lumps who are worse than the red lumps at Anfield, but he has taken a merely adequate Leeds team to the top of the Championship inside half a season, which is no mean feat when the Championship is probably the second toughest league in the world after the Premier League.

The jibes about how bad we are, and how much of a step down it will be for a new manager will start ringing hollow soon because the fans making those jibes will know, deep in the pit of their stomachs that Manchester United are on the lookout for a new manager and there are very few managers of the more successful clubs who we will not consider, and as I say, when Manchester United comes knocking on your door it is a very hard thing to say "no" to.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    deano said:
    A serious list...

Guardiola
    Never gonna happen .... 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Surely the players are more to blame for playing so badly?

/ducks
    axisus said:
    deano said:
    A serious list...

Guardiola
    Never gonna happen .... 
    Why don't we offer him the job and let's see.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    octatonic said:
    Surely the players are more to blame for playing so badly?

/ducks

Thing is manager is an easy Scape goat, the truth that most fans don't want to see is, right now the club as a whole is behind the times after spending so long being the club that led the way.

They are almost £500m in debt, the owners take massive profits out of the club each year, their youth system has fallen behind many others, their scouting department is 10 years out of date and their vision of buying success is hard to do when City can buy at 5 times the rate they can.

As someone mentioned a few posts ago the first appointment should be a director of football. There's been 3 managers since AF and zero planning or building for the future, no coherence in the club, it's changed with each manager.

It easy to say big club too much money to fail, it's simply not true, just like Liverpool's old US owners success to them is taking big profits at the end of the year. This is not dependent on winning things, it's dependant on signing small sponsorship deals for official Botswana shoe lace sponsor, selling shirts and filling the stadium.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7787

Mark Hughes is available . . .
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Paul_C said:

Mark Hughes is available . . .
    It was mildly amusing when it was first posted. You are about the thirteenth. Do try to keep up.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited December 2018
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom