Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• Image result for ole gunnar solskjaer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11320
    I'm not sure Man U would be prepared to do what Poch would want them to do.

At Spurs he moved on a load of players who either wouldn't or couldn't adapt to his way of doing things. True, none of those players cost as much as Utd's bunch of non-performers but you do things his way or not at all. And true again, that's what Ferguson did, but not at the beginning; he had to earn his stripes.

It has to be Big Sam.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd give it Roy Keane - with Nicky Butt and Gary Neville as assistants.

Scholesy to be tackling coach.

The Men in Black to handle the PR. 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't think pillaging all the other clubs in the country for promising 11 year olds, then dumping them when they turn out to be shit, is a valid youth system. 

Not saying it's just United btw...plenty of the other big clubs do similar. Leaves a trail of wrecked teenagers in the bin, but hey, it's worth it for a Giggs every 30 years. :/ 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    axisus said:

Realistically I'm thinking get the right person in and aim to be slugging for the tile in 3 seasons time. I can't see a quick fix.
    You just need to sign a quick fit fitter and your laughing. You just cant get quicker.. Then do what we do..Let Southampton do your scouting and then punch them all very hard in the face till they hand over the players you want. Then go back and punch them again even harder for selling you Lovren. (Who as you know is a world class defender prone to bouts of concusion )

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    looks like he's Out-out
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    axisus said:

Realistically I'm thinking get the right person in and aim to be slugging for the tile in 3 seasons time. I can't see a quick fix.
    You just need to sign a quick fit fitter and your laughing. You just cant get quicker.. Then do what we do..Let Southampton do your scouting and then punch them all very hard in the face till they hand over the players you want. Then go back and punch them again even harder for selling you Lovren. (Who as you know is a world class defender prone to bouts of concusion )

I think it was a damning indictment of United that even Lovran looked ok against them.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    The United youth system is easily one of the most productive in the country, despite being a proper mess in some respects (lack of defenders at one age group, lack of strikers at another, lack of competitive games, erratic scheduling etc).  This is partly a reflection of youth development in the EPL as a whole - the PL change things up every few years in a bid to solve problems but just create new ones.

As for the big clubs hoovering up the talent - the whole point of the EPPP (Elite Player Performance Plan) was to get the promising kids into the highest graded academies where they can compete with each other.  It makes sense in terms of the science of skill acquisition but the whole process was designed by the top end of the footballing pyramid for their own benefit, so the details can result in the lower league talent providers getting shafted.

As for the next manager I’d have to make Poch the favourite at the moment but there’s a long way to go.  The market for managers will be different come the end of the season both in terms of availability and demand.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    edited December 2018
    Poch would move for the same reason he walked out on Southampton, the lure of a bigger club and more money.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    ole gunnar solskjaer is the bookies favourite. 
    ronnyb said:
    ole gunnar solskjaer is the bookies favourite. 
    Sounds like you are talking about the interim manager.  Word is it’s Solskjaer with Mike Phelan assisting.  
    proggy said:
    Poch would move for the same reason he walked out on Southampton, the lure of a bigger club and more money.
    He’s too good to stay at Spurs where he keeps hitting the same spot on the financial glass ceiling.  He’ll move to a bigger club only question is when and where.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    mixolyd said:
    proggy said:
    He’s too good to stay at Spurs where he keeps hitting the same spot on the financial glass ceiling.  He’ll move to a bigger club only question is when and where.
    probably United and probably bring Kane with him.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    JAYJO said:
    mixolyd said:
    proggy said:
    probably United and probably bring Kane with him.
    I’m not sure even United can afford the sums Levi would require for that. Tbh I’d not be surprised to see Kane stick it out at Spurs he is a local lad after all, that or head to Madrid.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    Jose Mourinho is no longer with a club so he is available.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    edited December 2018
    Don't understand the Ole situation. Seemingly, the Club have made it clear that this is a caretaker role only and their permanent guy, presumably Poch, will come in the summer.

So what happens if Ole comes in and wins every game - and they've agreed terms with Poch/whoever? Ole goes? There'd be uproar and it would be hugely difficult for Poch to win people over.

All a bit strange. But all too typical of the lack of any structured thinking at the club these days...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Personally, I am not sure just how much of a change Ole can make this year anyway.  Why would United spend big in January for a caretaker manager, and without fixing the squad balance (to ensure we are not playing midfielders in defence for example), you are left with trying to fix the tactics and mentality. Not sure if Ole has the experience to really make an enourmous difference there.

Mourinho has managed 26 points from 17 games. If Ole raises that to 2 points per game (which would still be a huge improvement on the current 1.5), United would still end up with 68 points, which is unlikely to get them any higher than 5th.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1954
    So Ole is the next one to get lynched by the glory supporting sad acts. Great.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Schnozz said:
    So Ole is the next one to get lynched by the glory supporting sad acts. Great.
    A well thought out argument there and well put. Were you up all night writing that?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom