Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• axisus said:
    Sh*te manager and no way a fit for Man U. Bugger off with your dull, negative, boring, defensive football you grumpy git.

Wo should we get instead? Right now I'd take Robbie Savage's mum if she was available. Quite frankly anyone would do as an upgrade. 

please please please please please sack him.

OK, I'll shut up now.
    I heard Robbie's mum is readily available 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Moaner good for a laugh. Hope he stays. Great entertainment.

i remember the time when Fergusmoan was in charge. If they were 3-0 down the homer ref would ignore the clock and [enter diving cheat here] would be doing his best to get some penalties on the board.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    edited August 2018
    fandango said:
    Moaner good for a laugh. Hope he stays. Great entertainment.

i remember the time when Fergusmoan was in charge. If they were 3-0 down the homer ref would ignore the clock and [enter diving cheat here] would be doing his best to get some penalties on the board.
    For a moment, I thought you were going to lapse into hackneyed cliches. Some great original material there...well done.

A lesson in perspective:

United lose two games out of three - media launches into 'Cataclysmic Apolcalyptic Meltdown' state.

Arsenal lose two games out of three - it's not even news.

Crack on with the hysteria, folks. I'm guessing most of the ABU brigade will be taking the day off to celebrate.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Any of you lads actually see the game? Didn't look like there was much wrong in the first half to me...apart from the fact Lukaku couldn't score in a whorehouse with a tenner stuck out of his ear...

So now the sky is falling in cos we give Harry Kane a yard at a corner, you know the golden boot winner at the world cup...the fooker could score locked in a bloody cupboard?

We're in a bit of disarray granted, but football is a strange life at times. We need to clench our fists at the moment, rather throw our hands to the heavens. 

I've seen my club relegated.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448

I would laugh myself silly if Man U got relegated.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    crunchman said:

Millions would, but the reality these days is that none of the 'top 6' will ever get relegated. It's not like the old days, those clubs are just too rich and well resourced. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T! 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    axisus said:
    crunchman said:

Millions would, but the reality these days is that none of the 'top 6' will ever get relegated. It's not like the old days, those clubs are just too rich and well resourced. 

I know.

Unfortunately, it also means that supporters of other clubs are on the outside looking in.  If you go back in time, you had Derby, Leeds, and Forest winning the title in the 70s.  Villa and Everton in the 80s.  Leeds and Blackburn in the 90s.  There were other clubs who came close as well - like Ipswich under Bobby Robson and Newcastle under Keegan.  Supporters of 40 clubs could dream but that just isn't realistic any more.  

These days, we might get a Leicester once every 30 years, but they can't sustain it.  Forest and Villa both went on to win the European Cup.  Forest had 15 years or so of being competitive at the top level.  Leicester are pretty much back in oblivion already.

The uncompetitive nature of it is why I've given up on the Premier League.  I haven't watched a single minute of the Premier League so far this season - not even highlights.

I would still laugh myself silly if Man U or Chelsea somehow contrived to get relegated though.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    crunchman said:
    axisus said:
    crunchman said:

I know.

Unfortunately, it also means that supporters of other clubs are on the outside looking in.  If you go back in time, you had Derby, Leeds, and Forest winning the title in the 70s.  Villa and Everton in the 80s.  Leeds and Blackburn in the 90s.  There were other clubs who came close as well - like Ipswich under Bobby Robson and Newcastle under Keegan.  Supporters of 40 clubs could dream but that just isn't realistic any more.  

These days, we might get a Leicester once every 30 years, but they can't sustain it.  Forest and Villa both went on to win the European Cup.  Forest had 15 years or so of being competitive at the top level.  Leicester are pretty much back in oblivion already.

The uncompetitive nature of it is why I've given up on the Premier League.  I haven't watched a single minute of the Premier League so far this season - not even highlights.

I would still laugh myself silly if Man U or Chelsea somehow contrived to get relegated though.

The good old days! well, if you take out the violence from the fans .....

I HATE the way football has gone. The money they get paid, the egos, the f****** agents. Still follow Man U and Luton though.
  • I've missed loads of televised games over the years...nothing to do with waning interest, more like my football brain is hardwired to 3pm Saturday and 7.30pm Wednesday. 

And so it was for all teams....
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264

Whining Man U fans. FFS. Mourinho is one of the most successful managers that has ever been. You've already won two cups with him. You finished second last season with Man City being outstandingly good, unbeatable almost.

We've had 3 games of the season. You've lost 2, just like in the first PL season when you went on to win it.

Man U have dominated the PL since it began. Now that they aren't top dogs any more, you get all this moaning and complaining. Suck it up. Try seeing your club run into the ground by clueless owners.

Yours sincerely,

Blackburn Rovers

• Snap said:

Whining Man U fans. FFS. Mourinho is one of the most successful managers that has ever been. You've already won two cups with him. You finished second last season with Man City being outstandingly good, unbeatable almost.

We've had 3 games of the season. You've lost 2, just like in the first PL season when you went on to win it.

Man U have dominated the PL since it began. Now that they aren't top dogs any more, you get all this moaning and complaining. Suck it up. Try seeing your club run into the ground by clueless owners.

Yours sincerely,

Blackburn Rovers

Well bloody said. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Snap said:

Yours sincerely,

Blackburn Rovers

I think it's more than that though. It isn't just 2 games, it's last season's brand of football, it's the managers obvious unhappiness, it's the obvious unhappiness of the a star player, it's seeing all this played out before by the same manager at Chelsea etc.

It's watching City, Liverpool and Spurs evolve in to something a level above while they devolve in to a midtable style of football. It's knowing that missing top 4 this season could mean missing it for the next 5 seasons.

It's way more than 2 losses.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:
    Snap said:

Yours sincerely,

Blackburn Rovers

I think it's more than that though. It isn't just 2 games, it's last season's brand of football, it's the managers obvious unhappiness, it's the obvious unhappiness of the a star player, it's seeing all this played out before by the same manager at Chelsea etc.

It's watching City, Liverpool and Spurs evolve in to something a level above while they devolve in to a midtable style of football. It's knowing that missing top 4 this season could mean missing it for the next 5 seasons.

What being played out before at Chelsea? 3 titles, 2 cup wins? Manager of the year in the title winning years. 

Last seasons brand of football? You mean second place behind the unplayable City side, and in front of the football evolution that Spurs and Liverpool have been promising for years, and failing to deliver for the same time frame?

Star player unhappy? boo hoo...don't want to play for the team? then you're not the star player you think you are. Don't like the manager...grow the piss up. 

The players don't run football clubs, the big dogs don't let the tails do the wagging. 

Let's see what's what in May shall we?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    underdog said:
    Snap said:

Yours sincerely,

Blackburn Rovers

What being played out before at Chelsea? 3 titles, 2 cup wins? Manager of the year in the title winning years. 

Last seasons brand of football? You mean second place behind the unplayable City side, and in front of the football evolution that Spurs and Liverpool have been promising for years, and failing to deliver for the same time frame?

Star player unhappy? boo hoo...don't want to play for the team? then you're not the star player you think you are. Don't like the manager...grow the piss up. 

The players don't run football clubs, the big dogs don't let the tails do the wagging. 

Nailed it.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264

"brand of football", like "style" of football or the "insert club" way......all nonsense if the results are coming in. I can see Mourinho's point actually: they played well last night, lost the game. Versus last season, played more defensively, finished second. Second. And one more time, second, to an awesome team.

The fans want it all.

I just think the Man U fans who are complaining have lost perspective. Up to a few years ago, there was only really Chelsea who could come near Man Utd. Now that the gap has closed and arch rivals Liverpool and City are good teams, better teams even, then it is all doom and gloom.

Tough bleeding luck. Its like listening to a spoilt brat moaning.

Bottom line is, its good for the game. The PL needs more competition, and Man Utd sliding off their gilded perch helps this along.

I hope Liverpool win the title this season.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited August 2018
    underdog said:
    Snap said:

Yours sincerely,

Blackburn Rovers

But if you're paying out to watch your team do you want to see them playing defensive football, it must be humiliating to fans to see Man U park the bus against teams.

I'm not sure claiming 2nd place last year means anything in the long run, when you're so use to be at the top and now you're 15 points behind with no sign of improvement, when your manager is complaining about funds while he fields one of the most expensive starting 11s in the league it gets a bit hard to swallow.

Most of all though it's seeing no future, is Jose going to build the foundations for a team that will grow and be able to compete with City, Barca etc? No he's going to keep spending until something works, or walk away in a strop if he can't spend.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If you want to pay for a guaranteed outcome and your chosen brand of entertainment, go and see a show. 

So many entitled fans at the big clubs. You are paying to get in to a football match. Nothing in your ticket price that guarantees pretty footy and a win! 

Try supporting Palace! 

Even better, pay £4 to watch your local non league side. Guaranteed it's better value for money! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • underdog said:
    underdog said:
    Snap said:

Yours sincerely,

Blackburn Rovers

But if you're paying out to watch your team do you want to see them playing defensive football, it must be humiliating to fans to see Man U park the bus against teams.

I'm not sure claiming 2nd place last year means anything in the long run, when you're so use to be at the top and now you're 15 points behind with no sign of improvement, when your manager is complaining about funds while he fields one of the most expensive starting 11s in the league it gets a bit hard to swallow.

Most of all though it's seeing no future, is Jose going to build the foundations for a team that will grow and be able to compete with City, Barca etc? No he's going to keep spending until something works, or walk away in a strop if he can't spend.
    Carragher and Neville addressed this point rather well recently. Why give Mourinho an expensive extension to his contract if they aren't prepared to back the managers requirements vis vis personnel? One would have thought his business model wasn't a secret at the negotiation stage. 

It should come as little surprise to learn that Jose doesn't build teams from the youth structure up, when & where did he ever? We, and the Board, knew exactly what we were getting and what to expect when he was appointed. 

The only humiliation I personally feel is being unable to put my finger on what is going wrong, both in the game last night, and in a wider sense. I should have some idea, but I really am at a loss. 

What I do know is this, whilst Jose is Manager of my team, I will continue to back him. I may not like some of the football, and frankly don't understand the various managerial power play machinations, but whilst he's still there, he and the team have my support. As the Manager and the team have had my support for the last four and a half decades.

I've long learnt how to separate principles from the personalities. 

C'mon you Reds...

• KultscharKultschar Frets: 41
    edited August 2018
    Jose used to be such a cheerful, infectious guy that players worshipped - Drogba and co

Did his stint at Madrid turn him into a bitter man?  The way he kicks his players down in public is bizarre.  It does not surprise me how they are performing and the direction Man Utd are heading.  No wonder the players pushed him out on his second stint at Chelsea.

You cant question his past record but thats fading away and he is starting to live in the past.   He seems very bitter about Liverpool / Man City and co spending big etc however he was really the first of the big time spenders with Romans riches.   

I think he needs a long break or a stint at a club with little resources and get back to reality