Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896
    The comments on the BBC have been making me laugh
    Basically JM is crap, and MU is finished, and can never win anything again, they should get Zidane in.

Didn't ZZ's Real Madrid come 3rd in Spain with twice as many galacticos as MU?
    Didn't MU come second here?

I agree that Liverpool and City look very sharp at present, and that MU should have spent £100 to £200m in the summer, but anyone writing them off this early is suffering from wishful thinking, or doom-mongering.

The year Leicester won, there were 4 teams with excellent players who failed to hit form, this happens. MU might finish 4th this year, who knows? They might even challenge for the title, although it seems unlikely, not as unlikely as it was for Leicester.
    I can't see JM getting the push before the end weeks of the season, even if they did really badly.

Boards that insist on winning every year, and sacking "failed" managers end up with what they deserve.

Incidentally, contrary to many reports, they were playing well against Spurs for much of the match, until those 2 goals, could have been 3-0 at half time to MU if they had been more accurate on goal, they made lots of chances.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    There was a video on twitter earlier of some guy turning to Woodward and saying "sack him" with 5mins remaining in the match. Not sure who the guy was though.

Thing is for all his complaining about money he spent a lot the past couple of years and most of the players on the field he bought, I'm not sure what his complaint is, he wants money to replace the defenders he bought with the last load of money.

I think it will take something big to allow Man U to compete for top 4 this season, I think psycologically teams seems them as beatable now, and Man U also feel that about themselves. They need a man manager who can get the best out of the players that are there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Mourinwho?
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    Much improved performance first half, work rate and attitude miles better than the Brighton game.

Most of the stick I’ve heard towards Mourinho and United has come from the media and supporters of other clubs, this thread is a good example of that.

It’s a kind of backhanded complement that supporters of other clubs are not only all too keen to get involved when United is up for discussion, but they also apparently know exactly what the problems are and how far we are likely to fall from grace.

As a wise man pointed out above, May is the time to get excited about the league table!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    crunchman said:

I've seen my club relegated.
    I would laugh myself silly if Man U got relegated.
    Again you mean ;)

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited August 2018
    kin said:
    Much improved performance first half, work rate and attitude miles better than the Brighton game.

Most of the stick I’ve heard towards Mourinho and United has come from the media and supporters of other clubs, this thread is a good example of that.

It’s a kind of backhanded complement that supporters of other clubs are not only all too keen to get involved when United is up for discussion, but they also apparently know exactly what the problems are and how far we are likely to fall from grace.

As a wise man pointed out above, May is the time to get excited about the league table!

No question that football fans hate teams with continued success and love a fall from grace. 20 years of man u winning means that any weakness is jumped on and given as much mileage as possible, if only just to rejoice in seeing man u fans experiance what the rest of us have felt for two decades!

Football is a hyped up sport that breeds short sightedness, over exaggeration and over expecation.  When winning was the norm, coming 2nd or 3rd consistently is a disaster!
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    You Manure fans have to remember that 4th is a trophy.  ;)
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11296
    underdog said:
    There was a video on twitter earlier of some guy turning to Woodward and saying "sack him" with 5mins remaining in the match. Not sure who the guy was though.

Was it this one?

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    Do the Man Utd supporters on here actually live in/come from Manchester? If not, do you also support your local/place of birth team too?

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    I live 18 mile away from Old Trafford, I am not a regular match goer.

I was born just outside Shrewsbury but grew up in a little town called Wem ten miles away, my Dad took me to see them play a couple of times in the early seventies and i do keep an eye out for Shrewsbury s results .

I started following United when I was eight, that was the 1974/75 season when we won promotion back into the first division  ( glory hunter obviously.)

Hope that helps @Budgie , is it just United fans your interested in or will you be asking the same question of supporters of other clubs?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm a Palace fan, brought up in Surrey where they were my nearest club. I now live hundreds of miles away in Huddersfield so clearly I'm a glory hunting bastard. 

Always used to amuse me that on the M1 / M6 going to an away trip at Old Trafford, you'd see more Man U coaches than away ones. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    kin said:
    I live 18 mile away from Old Trafford, I am not a regular match goer.

I was born just outside Shrewsbury but grew up in a little town called Wem ten miles away, my Dad took me to see them play a couple of times in the early seventies and i do keep an eye out for Shrewsbury s results .

I started following United when I was eight, that was the 1974/75 season when we won promotion back into the first division  ( glory hunter obviously.)

Hope that helps @Budgie , is it just United fans your interested in or will you be asking the same question of supporters of other clubs?

Haha... well united do have a reputation for having fans who live miles away from Manchester. I think the previous record for the united fan living closest to the city was a guy who lived in Ipswich. Happy to be corrected though ;)

My son supports Chelsea and lives in the Derbyshire Dales. He's supported them since he was about 3 years old but also supports Derby too. I just support Derby myself.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    Budgie said:
    Do the Man Utd supporters on here actually live in/come from Manchester? If not, do you also support your local/place of birth team too?

I live 7 miles away, but live closer to Stockport.  My dad took me to OT in the 80’s so supported them.  Have a soft spot for Stockport, but nothing more.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Makes no difference where you live or where you were born. What next, you can only buy records from bands that were formed in your home town?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Everytime we have international visitors we offer them trips in the North West.

Loads and loads want to go to Old Trafford, some to Anfield. Old Trafford is requested more than anything else 

The global pull of Manchester united is incredible
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Makes no difference where you live or where you were born. What next, you can only buy records from bands that were formed in your home town?
    Indeed.  Never understood this to be honest.  

Lets face it - most little kids growing up playing footie in their garden want to be whoever they think is the best whether that is Kane, Salah, Aguero blah blah and then develop a following for their idols team.  

Rushy was my hero as a kid
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896
    Budgie said:

This comment usually comes from city fans. Strange, because most of the Mancs I've known from over 20 years living there supported United.

Anyway, having a massive global fanbase is nothing to criticise, without the colossal handouts to some teams from extremely dodgy foreign billionaires, United would probably be unassailable by now.

Thinking further on that, what's more shameful, having fans not born in the same town, or being subsidised by extremely scary foreign billionaires?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2018
    You’re a touchy bunch... I was just interested. I do think it matters where you live/were born etc. That is mostly the point, otherwise why have teams specific to a town/city. Stop kidding yerselves :)

virtually every Manc I know supports City. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Do you support your local guitar builders?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Budgie said:
    You’re a touchy bunch... I was just interested. I do think it matters where you live/were born etc. That is mostly the point, otherwise why have teams specific to a town/city. Stop kidding yerselves :)

virtually every Manc I know supports City. 
    Well said, couldn't agree more. Support your local team.