Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• I'm from Salford..where I was born you could see the floodlights from Old Trafford, why? cos it was the only place in Salford (even though Old Trafford has a Manchester postcode, We decided it was in Salford, and that as they say, was that ) that had any fookin lights on...we were that poor that....etc etc etc......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Budgie said:
    usedtobe said:
    Some fans will always find reasons to lord it over other fans. Proximity to the ground, frequency of visits.. Everyone’s fan experience and reason for affiliation to a club is different. Live and let live, I say..
    All fans will will find reasons to lord it over other fans... that’s the whole point of fans 
    I just get on with supporting my own team.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    @proggy , how short is the bus ride to watch Camden Town fc ? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    kin said:
    @proggy , how short is the bus ride to watch Camden Town fc ? :)

There is a Camden Town FC youth team but they're just little kids and that team didn't even exist when I was growing up so they don't count.

So there.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 340
    Wait...is this no longer a Mourinho out thread anymore  ;)
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    For the record and as a neutral (Bolton Wanderers fan) I've met just as many Man Utd fans as Man City fans from the Greater Manchester (that's South Lancashire) area. I think the area where you are from and who your parents support are the 2 most important factors in selecting a team. 
    Personally, I'd sooner go watching the local non league team than watch a load of big time charlies play 20-30 (or even 200) miles away.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    monkey42 said:
    We are all talking about ourselves, so in a sense it is a very Mourinho thread
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • For the record and as a neutral (Bolton Wanderers fan) I've met just as many Man Utd fans as Man City fans from the Greater Manchester (that's South Lancashire) area. I think the area where you are from and who your parents support are the 2 most important factors in selecting a team. 
    Personally, I'd sooner go watching the local non league team than watch a load of big time charlies play 20-30 (or even 200) miles away.
    Now THAT I can wiz! 

£50-70 to watch a top premier team and be a faceless punter treated like cattle or £4-5 to go and watch Marske United (who I have a loose affinity with), chat to the players over a pint after a cracking 5-4, and go where I want during the game, beer in hand. 

Parking is somewhat easier too! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    axisus said:
    monkey42 said:
    We are all talking about ourselves, so in a sense it is a very Mourinho thread

We'll all be demanding respect next.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896
    that's why I now normally go to house concerts, instead of Arena gigs

I think the occasional visit to see a world class artist or team is worth it occasionally, even for £50. Not for £150 though
    For the record and as a neutral (Bolton Wanderers fan) I've met just as many Man Utd fans as Man City fans from the Greater Manchester (that's South Lancashire) area. I think the area where you are from and who your parents support are the 2 most important factors in selecting a team. 
    Now THAT I can wiz! 

£50-70 to watch a top premier team and be a faceless punter treated like cattle or £4-5 to go and watch Marske United (who I have a loose affinity with), chat to the players over a pint after a cracking 5-4, and go where I want during the game, beer in hand. 

Daisy Hill FC for me you can pick your spot have a pie and a pint and parking not required as I can walk there : >
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4808
    edited August 2018
    Now THAT I can wiz! 

Blooming heck, Marske United! You from that area @Legionreturns , nice place around there, was a nice break from the monotony of Boro and pretty close on the train or by car. Love all that coastline from Redcar down, even South Gare was alreet to be fair an all. 

I agree with your sentiments, the odd time I'm home I like to see the non league team local to where I live which is Coalville United. Entertaining and easy/cheap too. Although I may have to switch affinities as we've moved to another village with it's own non league side! I'll always be a Boro fan though, the reponse on here about Man U is only the same as the Boro fan sites get when we lose or draw, first game of the season all I read was Pulis out. It's early days and a big game tonight against Dirty Leeds, but we're top so far goal difference aside. Football fans get more fickle these days I think and everyone is a skypad expert an all. Pulis is a good match for us, and I'd be more than happy low to mid table in the Prem.

As for Utd, it's early days yet, but I think there are 2-3 teams ahead of you now, it will take a while to climb back up.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    How ‘bout that Mourinho fella, eh? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Boromedic no I'm not from there but have very good friends there. One of them is the fixture secretary for Marske and I try to get over there a few times a year. Lovely little club and having just won their league and been promoted, they are playing over a wider area this season so I should get a few away games in. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    For the record and as a neutral (Bolton Wanderers fan)...

Which category do Bolton fall into these days??
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4808
    @Boromedic no I'm not from there but have very good friends there. One of them is the fixture secretary for Marske and I try to get over there a few times a year. Lovely little club and having just won their league and been promoted, they are playing over a wider area this season so I should get a few away games in. 
    Cool, nice place to go and watch a game anyway!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

Hattigol said:
    For the record and as a neutral (Bolton Wanderers fan)...

Which category do Bolton fall into these days??
    More like Charlie Carolis these days I'm afraid.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    Even ‘Fergie time’ couldn’t deny the mighty Rams. What a great game! : D
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    Congrats @Budgie well deserved win
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    kin said:
    Congrats @Budgie well deserved win
    Cheers mate... If only I had done anything but shout a lot and keep my fingers crossed. I thought Man Utd were going to win it at the end. It was a great game and Harry Wilson’s free kick was astonishing. I worry for Jose. I really like the guy and remember his early Chelsea days with a lot of fondness. I think he needs to go and lie on a beach and enjoy his success because he looks unwell at the moment.  Man Utd boss is a massive job.