Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896
    Budgie said:
    You’re a touchy bunch... I was just interested. I do think it matters where you live/were born etc. That is mostly the point, otherwise why have teams specific to a town/city. Stop kidding yerselves :)

virtually every Manc I know supports City. 
    must be the wrong sort of Mancs ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Budgie said:

virtually every Manc I know supports City. 
    I wonder who they supported 5 or 6 years ago..?? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Hattigol said:
    Do you support your local guitar builders?
    No. Mine regularly advertises his wares on eBay and is subject to quite some ribbing on here 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448

It does depend on if you have a local team.  Growing up in Devon, there wasn't a local top flight team, so everyone at school supported one of the big teams.  Unfortunately for me, Forest won the league when I was small and I've ended up stuck with them.

I haven't been to a Forest match for nearly 20 years though.  I've been to 3 Exeter matches this year though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Next someone will suggest that teams should be drawn exclusively from players born and raised in the town.. ;)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    crunchman said:

It does depend on if you have a local team.  Growing up in Devon, there wasn't a local top flight team, so everyone at school supported one of the big teams.  Unfortunately for me, Forest won the league when I was small and I've ended up stuck with them.

I haven't been to a Forest match for nearly 20 years though.  I've been to 3 Exeter matches this year though.

So basically, you're an Exeter fan.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22133
    Hattigol said:
    Do you support your local guitar builders?
    No. Mine regularly advertises his wares on eBay and is subject to quite some ribbing on here 
    Custom built flat back four for goalkeepers with big hands. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    There are lots of non league clubs out there, chances are that most of us are closer to one of them than a league side.
      So,the people on here espousing supporting your local team, do you support the closest team to your place of birth or the closest team in the upper tiers of football?
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    I do. The team local to where I was born is the team I still support. It just happens to be Derby County. Even if I lived/was born closer to a non league club, it's a bit different to supporting a team who just happen to be flavour of the month from a random part of the country.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The closest team to me when growing up was Wem Town Colts, I must admit I never gave them a second thought when I was in primary school, which is when most people pick there club..

I suppose the trouble was, when I was eight I was a bit shallow and easily swayed by things I found exciting like Steve Coppell tearing down the wing. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4982
    I am a distance supporter of Everton FC.  When I was 9 or 10, someone gave me comic books that had features on footballers. One issue featured the great Dixie Dean.  I had never heard of Everton before, nor had any idea where they were located, but I decided there and then to support them.  I have never been to Goodison or Liverpool city for that matter.  I saw Everton play Liverpool in a Cup Final sometime in the 1980s.

Not a lot to shout about supporting Everton but there you have it. This season they look a bit more attack minded than they did under Big Sam.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Some fans will always find reasons to lord it over other fans. Proximity to the ground, frequency of visits.. Everyone’s fan experience and reason for affiliation to a club is different. Live and let live, I say..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Wisdom ^^
    edited August 2018
    And Derby get an away tie at Man Utd. Lol! Not too bad a trip for Derby fans... certainly a lot closer than most united fans have to travel from  D
    edited August 2018
    usedtobe said:
    Some fans will always find reasons to lord it over other fans. Proximity to the ground, frequency of visits.. Everyone’s fan experience and reason for affiliation to a club is different. Live and let live, I say..
    All fans will will find reasons to lord it over other fans... that’s the whole point of fans 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Budgie said:
    And Derby get an away tie at Man Utd. Lol! Not too bad a trip for Derby fans... certainly a lot closer than most united fans have to travel from  D
    Have you all booked your taxi...??
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    kin said:
    There are lots of non league clubs out there, chances are that most of us are closer to one of them than a league side.
      So,the people on here espousing supporting your local team, do you support the closest team to your place of birth or the closest team in the upper tiers of football?
    I support the closest team to my place of birth. I was born in Camden Town and support Arsenal, just a short bus ride up Camden Rd to Finsbury Park.
    Budgie said:
    Have you all booked your taxi...??
    Nah... no expectation for a win obviously but seeing Jose’s bottom lip sticking out is more than enough reason to hope for an upset. We’ve usually been knocked out at this point by Forest Green Rovers or somebody, so anything is a bonus :)
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    edited August 2018
    It's such a stupid argument.  You all act like the last few generations have never moved.

I support United because my dad did, and his etc.... back then they were from Manc which is why (if that makes some of you happy).  Just because people move doesn't meant the team changes.  And parents have a much bigger impact than location.

Can you all stop complaining so us United fans can get back to our own complaining ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I became a Man U fan as a kid in the 70s. Not even sure why them now, but it was not glory hunting, I seem to recall we went about 18 years without winning the title. I also have a strong affinity with my home town of Luton, who are finally creeping up again after many barren years out of the league proper.