R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Fifty9 said:
    mart said:
    Rabs said:
    Somebody should try buying that for £2899, since they’re saying it’s £2400 off and the rrp is £5299. 
    I put this to them as a price match with themselves. There was no recognition of the inconsistency and they said the 3.5k was the best they could do on this.
    I've bought a lot of stuff from Andertons in the past, including my current 2014 R8, but their pricing of late, and inconsistency on price matching has left quite the sour taste.

When you compare them to the way Peach have performed over the course of this thread, the difference is night and day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    terada said:
    Fifty9 said:
    mart said:
    Rabs said:
    Somebody should try buying that for £2899, since they’re saying it’s £2400 off and the rrp is £5299. 
    I put this to them as a price match with themselves. There was no recognition of the inconsistency and they said the 3.5k was the best they could do on this.
    I've bought a lot of stuff from Andertons in the past, including my current 2014 R8, but their pricing of late, and inconsistency on price matching has left quite the sour taste.

When you compare them to the way Peach have performed over the course of this thread, the difference is night and day.
    YouTubing boxshifters?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1106
    edited September 2018
    Here we go then my GG Iced Tea, ordered blind and first impressions are WOW. Tiny tiny bit of figuring which suits me fine. Need to get my scales out but doesn't feel too heavy at all. I've not had chance to let it roar but the acoustics are great and its got that air in the notes which I always think good guitars should have.

Pickup nob was broken but thats not an issue.

Overall very very happy.

Colour is a bit darker than my pictures are picking up. 

https://i.imgur.com/SMIrnc5.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/WgAjqzA.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206

Afzal is currently making delivery number 107, you are delivery number 118.

Afzal is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes away from you.

:)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3 said:

Afzal is currently making delivery number 107, you are delivery number 118.

Afzal is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes away from you.

:)

Is Afzal driving around on a horse and cart? Slow bugger! 

Hurry up Afzal ffs! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    AlexO said:
    Here we go then my GG Iced Tea, ordered blind and first impressions are WOW. Tiny tiny bit of figuring which suits me fine. Need to get my scales out but doesn't feel too heavy at all. I've not had chance to let it roar but the acoustics are great and its got that air in the notes which I always think good guitars should have.

Overall very very happy.

Bootiful
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    What's the difference between a Custom Shop Standard 1959 and a R9?
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    They are the same thing, although specs vary from production year to year e.g. a 2004 R9 is slightly different to 2017 R9.
  • AlexO said:

Overall very very happy.

My figures iced tea comes on Saturday... the only pics I've got so far were taken by GG Glasgow before they packed it ...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    While I was in GG today someone returned this beauty. It played and sounded superb - but I'm after a cherry...

(I was mightily tempted though)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 902
    terada said:
    While I was in GG today someone returned this beauty. It played and sounded superb - but I'm after a cherry...

If that was Epsom that's mine! Er, was mine........

Lovely guitar for someone that likes les pauls
    newi123 said:
    terada said:

It was! Great guitar, lovely top, played easy, very resonant.

Someone will be very happy indeed.

What didn't you like about it?
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    AlexO said:

Overall very very happy.

My figures iced tea comes on Saturday... the only pics I've got so far were taken by GG Glasgow before they packed it ...

Excellent burst on that one 
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    terada said:
    newi123 said:
    terada said:

I'm near Epsom ... but that's now twice rejected ....
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 902
    terada said:
    newi123 said:
    terada said:

Fyi if you do get a cherry one, I raised the action quite a bit........ played and sang better I thought.

I have a main guitar which is a strat, and I just couldn't see the lp replacing that.

Then I thought that I don't actually plug in much at home - I strum not plugged in on the sofa, gig the usual dodgy pubs and run a jam with my gear once a week. I wouldn't be happy taking the lp to a jam for others to play, and I wasn't sure i' d really gig it. So from there it becomes a £2.5 object I like but don't really use........

In fairness, I knew all of this before I pressed buy - it just took me a couple of days to balance out head over heart again!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Fifty9 said:
    mart said:
    Rabs said:
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained. But they have at least taken the hint and removed the “£2400 off” banner.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4292
    edited September 2018
    It’s here and wow I love it  

0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123 said:
    terada said:
    newi123 said:
    terada said:

Fyi if you do get a cherry one, I raised the action quite a bit........ played and sang better I thought.

I have a main guitar which is a strat, and I just couldn't see the lp replacing that.

Then I thought that I don't actually plug in much at home - I strum not plugged in on the sofa, gig the usual dodgy pubs and run a jam with my gear once a week. I wouldn't be happy taking the lp to a jam for others to play, and I wasn't sure i' d really gig it. So from there it becomes a £2.5 object I like but don't really use........

In fairness, I knew all of this before I pressed buy - it just took me a couple of days to balance out head over heart again!
    The distance regs really disadvantage retailers. I’m sure they weren’t designed so buyers could buy things they really don’t want have a fuck about for two weeks and then send them back.

Looks like these will sell regardless though so not a big issue in these circumstances.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    It’s here and wow I love it  

Gorgeous 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m really enjoying seeing everyone putting pics up of these now. There are some lovely guitars in this thread.

Regarding mine, I am really enjoying them both, and I don’t have a favourite, they are both quite different. 

I had a thought today, wouldn’t it be great to get them all in one room? Probably would never happen, but that would be a Les Paul fest of epic proportions!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom