R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited September 2018
    Mine is ringing on the G string. Was there a quick fix for this?
    is this on an open string or when fretted - if fretted where abouts on the fingerboard
    On the open string and when fretted. I’m sure a few had the problem. Definitely not rattling on a low fret when played open. 

Its a sitar type ring. Apart from that the setup is fantastic so don’t really want to have to drive it all the way to my tech and pay out just for that if it’s something I can fix with the tools I have here 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    is this on an open string or when fretted - if fretted where abouts on the fingerboard
    On the open string and when fretted. I’m sure a few had the problem. Definitely not rattling on a low fret when played open. 

Its a sitar type ring 
    could be a top nut slot issue, but that should only have an impact on an open string and not a fretted note - could be at the bridge end - does the string touch the bridge assembly before going over the saddle (ie touch the front of the bridge on the tailpiece side) ?

Could be the slot on the bridge saddle - try taking up the action a touch first and/or raise the tailpiece - Both just a touch first and see what happens

Unlikely to be the truss rod if the issue is only on the G string - If the truss rod needed a tweak I'd expect the same issue on all strings
  • Sounds like a rough saddle 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

Its a sitar type ring. Apart from that the setup is fantastic so don’t really want to have to drive it all the way to my tech and pay out just for that if it’s something I can fix with the tools I have here 
    Sounds like a rough saddle 
    was going to add ref the saddle - 

if you have no thin needle file - clean the saddle slot with some wet/dry doubled over - feed through a couple of times to clean any debris - Could try a wound 4th string - maybe needs 2/3 runs to/fro

• Mine is ringing on the G string. Was there a quick fix for this?

if you have no thin needle file - clean the saddle slot with some wet/dry doubled over - feed through a couple of times to clean any debris - Could try a wound 4th string - maybe needs 2/3 runs to/fro

I’ll dig out some wet and dry and give it a go as I don’t have any files that small 

Many thanks 
    tFB Trader

I’ll dig out some wet and dry and give it a go as I don’t have any files that small 

Many thanks 
    only needs a few light rubs to clean ant debris/rough edge
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    DrJazzTap said:
    Stop tempting me! I've said that if I get a job sorted I'm tempted to go for it. Especially reading that a guy was able to px guitars in for one.
    Surprised it’s still there as the last one sold as soon as I posted it

Bet it’s sold by 10am 
    gone. still 1 @ coda
  • Has anyone tried the one at Coda in person?
  • Thinking now about a R9 as well as the 2 R8’s I just got- GASsssssssssss. The last 58 at GG that’s now gone I was sent pics today and it was a very plain , plain top so gave it a miss.
  • The 58 I got from GG has a nice top but the 58 I got from coda yesterday is more of a plain but acoustically sounds better I think but haven’t had time to compare them through a amp yet, could it be cause it’s only weighs 8 pounds?
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Yep, my lightweight R8 (7.9lbs) has more of an acoustic ring to it than my slightly heavier R9 (8.2lbs).
  • My R8 is 8Ib 14oz 

It has a very bright and airy tone and I love it. Thought initially that it may sound dark
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    They do vary, weight isn't the be-all and end-all.  I prefer light and airy tones and there's a higher chance of finding that in a lighter guitar, but it's not a guarantee.
  • Oh dear just put deposit down on tobacco R9 at Epsom GG, still not sure till I physically try it 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    lp59boy said:
    Oh dear just put deposit down on tobacco R9 at Epsom GG, still not sure till I physically try it 
    Good work!
  • I’m bumping this thread as it was halfway down page 2 and that is not acceptable 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m bumping this thread as it was halfway down page 2 and that is not acceptable 
    Quite right.

This thread needs to live FOREVER!
  • Statistically is this the most read thread in Fretboard history? Also is it the biggest thread in terms of replies?

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5168
    Boromedic said:
    Statistically is this the most read thread in Fretboard history? Also is it the biggest thread in terms of replies?
    No, I think @Gassage buying a Boss Katana reached in excess of 100,000 views and almost the same in incredulous comments =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hahahahaha :)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.