Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Ok, after seeing that I am broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    If you EVER want to move it on, please let me know
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adamski said:
    The light isn't great so you'll have to wait until the weekend for the real glamour shoot but here she is......

£2499. Unbelievable. I am in amazement at how it plays. I've had a troubled past with Lesters, either getting some that were the right playability (I like specifically the '59 shape) but too heavy or not right at all, or too modern sounding or perfect in every way other than the finish.... but finally, finally i can say I've got my perfect Les Paul. 

I think this one's a keeper. 
    Absolutely revolting. I’ll do you a favour though mate and take it off your hands for £13.50. Can’t say fairer than that
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • terada said:
    I’ve beaten you to first dibs on that I’m afraid! :-) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    terada said:
    I’ve beaten you to first dibs on that I’m afraid! :-) 
    Fairs fair - but I'm claiming second in line!
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Fifty9 said:

Beauty! So that centre line doesn’t make you want to return it then?
    I did consider chopping it up for firewood at first but then I thought I could learn to see past the centre line and find the beauty within......
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @Adamski that is very pretty. What does it weigh?
    @Adamski that is very pretty. What does it weigh?
    8.7lbs 

not the lightest here but by no means heavy. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adamski said:
    The light isn't great so you'll have to wait until the weekend for the real glamour shoot but here she is......

£2499. Unbelievable. I am in amazement at how it plays. I've had a troubled past with Lesters, either getting some that were the right playability (I like specifically the '59 shape) but too heavy or not right at all, or too modern sounding or perfect in every way other than the finish.... but finally, finally i can say I've got my perfect Les Paul. 

I think this one's a keeper. 
    The most figured top of the R8’s. No argument.

I can’t believe that one! 

Well done. 
    Adamski said:
    8.7lbs 

I'll give you a thunderbirds key ring, two fruit salads and a sherbet double dip for it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    terada said

I'll give you a thunderbirds key ring, two fruit salads and a sherbet double dip for it
    I do like Sherbert dips.......
  • Adamski said:
    8.7lbs 

Here’s the thing.

One month ago, any conversation about a historic weighing 8lbs 7oz might have called it “lightweight”. This batch have pushed the bar in terms of accepted wisdom and weights. Not many have been over 9 lbs, and that’s the weight I used to aim for, or slightly under if possible. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • 84 pages of happiness, destroyed by Adamski. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ossyrocks said:
    Adamski said:
    8.7lbs 

Here’s the thing.

One month ago, any conversation about a historic weighing 8lbs 7oz might have called it “lightweight”. This batch have pushed the bar in terms of accepted wisdom and weights. Not many have been over 9 lbs, and that’s the weight I used to aim for, or slightly under if possible. 
    This is so true, I was so chuffed to get a 9lb 2014 R8. It sounded great and was lighter than any non weight relieved body I'd played prior.

CloudNine said:
    84 pages of happiness, destroyed by Adamski. 

It had to end sometime. *drops mic. 

I honestly think a lot of the plain tops displayed here are just as nice! We’ve all been very lucky and actually it’s been even nicer sharing it all, it’s what’s made an already special purchase even better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Adamski said:
    CloudNine said:

I honestly think a lot of the plain tops displayed here are just as nice! We’ve all been very lucky and actually it’s been even nicer sharing it all, it’s what’s made an already special purchase even better. 
    Completely agree with this. I've really enjoyed sharing in the collective NGMonth. Been a bit of a forum guitar month in fairness. Cracking les pauls all around, each with their own character.

And I'm glad that these deals seem to have mostly gone to people that take great pleasure from guitars, rather than scalpers etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Adamski said:
    CloudNine said:

That's just a lovely thing to say man. Total bullshit, but you said it, and that makes you a good person. I bet you're really nice with old people too eh? 'Lovely boy that Adamski is'.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    CloudNine said:
    Adamski said:
    CloudNine said:

That's just a lovely thing to say man. Total bullshit, but you said it, and that makes you a good person. I bet you're really nice with old people too eh? 'Lovely boy that Adamski is'.
    I’m not gonna lie, they bloody love me. I reckon I’ve been written in to at least 10 strangers wills....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adamski said:
    CloudNine said:
    Adamski said:
    CloudNine said:

I’m not gonna lie, they bloody love me. I reckon I’ve been written in to at least 10 strangers wills....
    No, the reason they love you is cos you smell like piss and Werthers Originals
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited September 2018
    dbphoto said:
    dbphoto said:
    One really anal thing I have noticed on mine is that on some of the saddles the slot is off centre?
    That's deliberate, don't worry about it - Collings do that as a matter of course, for example
    Why is that then?  I have never seen it on any guitar with a TOM bridge that I have owned, and I know it's a completely different beast, but my office Gibson has them centred?

That's a Nashville bridge, the travel is further therefore no need to reverse saddles

The historic bridges are ABR-1. They screw directly into the body (no bushings). The screws protrude on the ABR-1, so the bridge is rotated 180 degrees with the screws facing out to allow the strings to clear