R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5164
    I remember a few other (although slightly less exciting deals) over the years:

Andertons Thinline Jaguars and RI Teles (half price...!)

Peach and other retailers with the American RI 65 Jags (half price)

Genz Benz bass cabinets and Tecamp bass cabinets (and perhaps bass amps) for crazy low prices (a high end light weight 2x12 for 1/3 of the normal price)

But this 2018 R8 sale is crazy.

I still remember the Amazon £20 TC Polytune Clip-on bonanza blowout of a couple of years ago with fond memories.... didn’t quite do 100 pages of banter, but not far off  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1 said:
    I remember a few other (although slightly less exciting deals) over the years:

Andertons Thinline Jaguars and RI Teles (half price...!)

Peach and other retailers with the American RI 65 Jags (half price)

Genz Benz bass cabinets and Tecamp bass cabinets (and perhaps bass amps) for crazy low prices (a high end light weight 2x12 for 1/3 of the normal price)

But this 2018 R8 sale is crazy.

I still remember the Amazon £20 TC Polytune Clip-on bonanza blowout of a couple of years ago with fond memories.... didn’t quite do 100 pages of banter, but not far off  B)
    Aye I got one of those!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    Anyone dig the colour over colour Les Pauls....?
    Ooooh. Could be the perfect platform for me to add a Bigsby to if the price is really right...
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5038
    edited September 2018
    Ossyrocks said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    How many guitars are people selling to offset the cost of the R8?  I'm going for ten @ £250 each!
    Sold one @ £7500, bought two R8's and put the rest in the bank.
    Surely not the Terry Morgan sold?!
    got to page 100 and no previous mention of Terry so far - So don't spoil it now !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed!
    Terry Morgan, Terry Morgan, Terry Morgan...!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    edited September 2018
    I will not receive my R8 DL from Richtone, the 8lbs, the canceled my order and send me the attached mail.
    When i called them, they told me that they has only one guitar for sale and the website has a problem.
    I cannot believe that, there was many guitars with différent serials.
    Does another buyer received the same mail?
    Here is the mail i received:

Hi there,

Thank you for placing your order for the Gibson Les Paul from us. I’m very sorry to say that due to a huge amount of demand all the Les Pauls have sold and sadly you were just beaten to the order by a few minutes. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies that we can’t supply this to you. Are there any other Les Pauls / Gibson’s that you’d consider? If there’s anything at all that’s of interest please let me know and I’ll do my best to work out a fantastic deal for you!

If you would prefer us to cancel and refund your order this not a problem, please just let me know either way and once again and I’m really sorry to disappoint.

Best wishes

Tom Galton 

Sales and Customer Service Manager

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skikdi53 said:
    I will not receive my R8 DL from Richtone, the 8lbs, the canceled my order and send me the attached mail.
    When i called them, they told me that they has only one guitar for sale and the website has a problem.
    I cannot believe that, there was many guitars with différent serials.
    Does another buyer received the same mail?
    Here is the mail i received:

Hi there,

Thank you for placing your order for the Gibson Les Paul from us. I’m very sorry to say that due to a huge amount of demand all the Les Pauls have sold and sadly you were just beaten to the order by a few minutes. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies that we can’t supply this to you. Are there any other Les Pauls / Gibson’s that you’d consider? If there’s anything at all that’s of interest please let me know and I’ll do my best to work out a fantastic deal for you!

If you would prefer us to cancel and refund your order this not a problem, please just let me know either way and once again and I’m really sorry to disappoint.

Best wishes

Tom Galton 

Sales and Customer Service Manager

Ouch...

I’d be furious with that.
  • wow. I ordered the 9lb one just after you .

I got my dispatch conformation and tracking email at 4.36

• Poor show....I know IT can be problematic but I reckon they sold it in the shop or as a favour to a regular.
  • Didn’t Coda have similar issues with their IT, same guitar apparently sold a few times over. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, i think probably someone seen it in the shop, maybe a regular and want it.
    dont know what doing now.
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    skikdi53 said:
    Yes, i think probably someone seen it in the shop, maybe a regular and want it.
    Sorry to hear it mate, the good news is that there seem to be a fair few around now and rumours of other guitars being reduced too (like the painted over series) so I'm sure you'll still be able to grab a good one. It's worth giving Guitar Guitar a call as they seem to have a few.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Twinfan said:
    Twinfan said:
    Not for me.  I know it's historically accurate for Fenders, but not for Gibsons.
    How cheap would it have to be? Everything has a price!
    I presume you mean these?

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/Custom/Les-Paul-Standard-Painted-Over.aspx

I could probably rock a black-over-gold in my band.  How much do you reckon you could let them out of the door at  ;)
    I'm working on it....
    The black over gold is the pick of this bunch
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    edited September 2018
    johnl said:
    skikdi53 said:
    Sorry to hear it mate, the good news is that there seem to be a fair few around now and rumours of other guitars being reduced too (like the painted over series) so I'm sure you'll still be able to grab a good one. It's worth giving Guitar Guitar a call as they seem to have a few.
    Thank's,
    I asked them at GG, they sold all the DL.
    I was looking for one like these since few years.
    Anyway, i wil probably find my R8 somewhere
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    edited September 2018
    Didn’t Coda have similar issues with their IT, same guitar apparently sold a few times over. 
    Yes. I bought my R8 from Coda, but got an email saying it was listed in error as was already sold (which I thought was disappointing but fair enough as mistakes obviously can happen). Luckily I heard from them a week later as the guitar had been returned, so I got first refusal on it and bought it. It had a couple of marks (almost invisible) so I got a reasonable discount too! I thought it was nice that they thought to come back to me and offer me a good deal.
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    skikdi53 said:
    johnl said:
    skikdi53 said:
    Thank's,
    I asked them at GG, they sold all the DL.
    I was looking for one like these since few years.
    Anyway, i wil probably find my R8 somewhere
    @ellwood is selling a very nice dirty lemon on the classifieds here. Probably had the nicest top of all the ones from Peach
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice guitar but collection only, and i am in France.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    edited September 2018
    Hmmm. Not to be presumptuous, but it may be that they didn't want to send to France...which is unfair.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hmmm. Not to be presumptuous, but it may be that they didn't want to send to France...which is unfair.
    No worries, I’ll have my mate Boris sort all of this out.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom