R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• what i dont understand is some of the comments that people should buy one as they wont lose money if they decide to sell later on. I dont think thats true. There are a few now doing the rounds for £2250
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    Twinfan said:
    mark123 said:

sorry but the way i look at it is if you buy something brand new then decide to sell it ,yes its in new condition but its not brand new, its now s/h
     If it had a logbook like a car it would now say 1 owner where as if you bought a car from a dealership brand new you would be the first registered owner 
     Its like selling a car that has had 1 owner for 1 month  saying its brand new for full price 
    Fair enough, we all have our own opinions on these things and mine is different to yours  :)
    It isn't a matter of opinion, "Brand new" means "still in the hands of a dealer".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    what i dont understand is some of the comments that people should buy one as they wont lose money if they decide to sell later on. I dont think thats true. There are a few now doing the rounds for £2250
    I agree. Yes you can’t lose much, but you’ll struggle to get what you paid until the cheap guitar deal ends. Even then a period of recovery before it’ll reach £2499 for a used one. And if Gibson keep discounting the 2018s, then it could take a while! There’s an R8 on eBay at the moment with asking price is £3200 from this batch! I mean who’s really going to pay that!?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • So now I’m really keen to bang a Dimarzio Super distortion in the bridge like the guy a few pages back. 

Just looks so good and would sound fantastic 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    prlgmnr said:

It isn't a matter of opinion, "Brand new" means "still in the hands of a dealer".
    Nope, "Brand new" is a statement regarding condition not who owns the item  :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh and I’m out of the R8 game now. Was looking at a DL to go with my ice tea but then the PRS Tremonti Came up in the classifieds so I’ve bought that instead 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "As New" describes the condition. 

An owner selling on an item they have bought cannot legitimately state it was "Brand New" (doesn't stop'em though).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I think ‘as new’ would be more accurate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • So now I’m really keen to bang a Dimarzio Super distortion in the bridge like the guy a few pages back. 

Double whites just look cool. It doesn't have to be a Dimarzio, there's lots of others to choose. If it was me, I'd be tempted with a pair of Mojo double white PAFs.
  • lp59boy said:

lp59boy said:
    Of the 3 I brought
    2 58’s and 1 59 I’ve decided to keep the 58 with the plainer top as it plays, sounds better and weight is 8lbs dead.

the 59 I’ve just ordered some SD Bonamassa skinnerburst pickups ( is this wrong ?)

the 58 with the nicer top is now on eBay for sale
    Is it the brand new 2 week old one that’s £4K in all the shops.
    What do you mean?
    It’s not new and they are not £4K. That said , to be fair, it’s none of my business.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    Does the product include a manufacturer’s warranty? With a microcosm of exceptions, if so, then it’s new. 

Otherwise it’s second-hand, literally. 
  • For those feeling honest. Please tell me the results of this little test...

Play a C on the D string (10th fret), let it ring out.
    Then play C on the B string (1st fret), let it ring out.
    Then play C on the G string (5th fret), let it ring out.

Can you tell me if the fretted note on the G string dies out a lot quicker than those on the other strings?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Ossyrocks said:
    So now I’m really keen to bang a Dimarzio Super distortion in the bridge like the guy a few pages back. 

Double whites just look cool. It doesn't have to be a Dimarzio, there's lots of others to choose. If it was me, I'd be tempted with a pair of Mojo double white PAFs.
    I can confirm that it sounds monstrous!

Ash at Oil City does a couple based on the Dimarzio SD

My approach with this guitar was to interfere as little as possible, hence the mismatch.  Stock it was perfect, but just not for what I need it for.  The original pup is stored safely away
    For those feeling honest. Please tell me the results of this little test...

Can you tell me if the fretted note on the G string dies out a lot quicker than those on the other strings?
    Nope, roughly the same...
  • Twinfan said:
    prlgmnr said:

Nope, "Brand new" is a statement regarding condition not who owns the item  :)
    ‘Brand new’ means never sold, awaiting first purchaser, unused and not second hand. A pre-owned guitar cannot, by definition, be ‘brand new’. The seller can describe the condition in any way they like, but the guitar itself is not ‘brand new’. :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Twinfan said:
    For those feeling honest. Please tell me the results of this little test...

Nope, roughly the same...
    Thanks! Plugged or unplugged? 

• johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Whitecat said:
    Does the product include a manufacturer’s warranty? With a microcosm of exceptions, if so, then it’s new. 

Otherwise it’s second-hand, literally. 
    I'm not sure that applies as warranties can be transferred, sometimes even years later depending on the product. I'd always thought the accepted definition was "once it has been sold once, it is no longer new". It is second hand as you are then (at least) the second person to purchase it. New prices are higher than used prices as an item having never been previously sold is the easiest way to guarantee that it is in the condition that it was intended to be sold. If we start saying that an item is new for as long as it's in that condition it becomes far more complex.

I very much doubt anyone here saying that a guitar being sold for the 2nd or 3rd time is still "new" would be happy paying new prices for a car that had had two previous owners; regardless of warranty status.
    Unplugged
  • Twinfan said:
    Unplugged
    Cool, be good to hear your thoughts plugged too, if you get a chance. No rush. Thank you

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    mli3 said:
    terada said:
    mli3 said:
    terada said:
    mli3 said:
    well look what we have here ! Needless to say I am chuffed to bits !

That is SUCH a sweet top. Bloody lovely!
    thanks @terada ;
    thought you might like it  :)

I more than like it! What weight?
    I don't even know, and tbh I dont even care. It just works for me on every level. 
    If it doesn't matter to you then it looks perfect. Bet it sounds monstrous :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom