R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    edited October 2018
    I’ve seen 4 sets of 2017 R8 and R9 Custom buckers for sale now ranging from £250-330 a pair 
    A set of custom buckets sold on eBay last night for £170, which is probably about right in terms of value. They’re good but they’re not £250 good. Definitely the best Gibson have made for a LONG time though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5424
    dbphoto said:
    I wonder what the people selling their custom buckers don’t like about them?

I think I have already said it but my R8 is the first guitar I have ever bought where I don’t feel the need to change a thing.

Despite the fact that they are pretty historically accurate I think it's not always the traditional Les Paul sound some people have in their heads... that almost Telecaster-like twang they can do is perhaps a little surprising to some people so they swap 'em out for stuff with a fatter midrange. 
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    I have 2 of the recent R8's, one is definitely hotter than the other, and i love them both !
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Custom Buckers are awesome and so is this R8. I'll not change a single thing about mine. (But I do want a Tobacco one! ;-) )
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I’ve seen 4 sets of 2017 R8 and R9 Custom buckers for sale now ranging from £250-330 a pair 
    Have they been actually selling though as the few 2017 R8’s for sale on eBay don’t seem to be!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I think people have become aware that some, not all, of the R8 buyers (not just forum members) may have done it to try and make cash....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    I think people have become aware that some, not all, of the R8 buyers (not just forum members) may have done it to try and make cash....
    you mean there are people that arent on this forum that bought R8's ??!!?  B)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphoto said:
    Have they been actually selling though as the few 2017 R8’s for sale on eBay don’t seem to be!
    I’ve seen one marked as ‘sold’ at £250 but can’t be sure about the rest. Also saw one with the full wiring loom/pots/switch etc asking £350
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    I'm now having R8 doughts as I've got Strat Gas. FFS
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @AlexO what R8 do you have? If it's Tobacco, I'll personally fund your strat.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • I think people have become aware that some, not all, of the R8 buyers (not just forum members) may have done it to try and make cash....
    They’ll be lucky - there’s a R8 on sale in one of the Facebook groups now for £1,700.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    Mine received today.
    http://imgur.com/gallery/Pu9MzxQ
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • https://imgur.com/gallery/NPsRqZV

Some plaintop action. Had a bit more chance to play it recently and it really is a good example of a Les Paul in my opinion! I love me a plaintop too! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    @AlexO what R8 do you have? If it's Tobacco, I'll personally fund your strat.
    It's a Iced Tea mine mate.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Well I currently have 3 2017s. Not selling them, hopefully ever. May swap one for a tobacco R9, but that's the only potential change.

I was in awe of les pauls as a kid, and owning the triumvirate is the realisation of a dream.

I'd never be able to do that at the regular price, and they all have their own characters. One open and airy, one bright and twangy, and one fat and fearsome. I've traded a lot of good gear for them though, but I don't mind, they are wonderful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Played mine at rehearsal for the first time last night. I think the last chord I played is still sustaining...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
    On the pickup discussion, I have a pair of vintage early 60s PAT stickered HB's (closest thing to PAFs)  that I will be throwing into my 2017 58 or 59 to compare to the Custom Buckers. I'll take a few sound samples and share them when I do.
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2804
    skikdi53 said:
    C'est manifique!
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Beautiful. Glad you got one in the end!