R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• dbphoto said:
    The one at £2950!?
    The one that’s “strictly new” and a “great price”?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • lp59boylp59boy Frets: 73
    Yes I am open to offers 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Heavyrocker 
    if all the R8 deals are gone then I is a good price for a 3 week old Unplayed guitar, especially if your now looking a paying up to 4K 
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Might be up for a trade also
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    lp59boy said:
    Heavyrocker 
    if all the R8 deals are gone then I is a good price for a 3 week old Unplayed guitar, especially if your now looking a paying up to 4K 
    http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/gibson-custom-58-les-paul-standard-m2m-washed-cherry-vos-87273.htm
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1098
    edited October 2018
    Just back from the first proper rehearsal with mine for a new band. I was having second thoughts about the R8 as I wasn't sure on its sounds at home practice levels, glad I waited to play it in a full band environment as for me that's where it shines. 
    Switched to my 330 for a song and switched straight back to the LP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Went upstairs at 10pm for an early night. Then I picked up the R8 for ‘5 mins’. Well that quickly turned into nearly 2 hrs 

Just sounds so so good 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Went upstairs at 10pm for an early night. Then I picked up the R8 for ‘5 mins’. Well that quickly turned into nearly 2 hrs 

Just sounds so so good 
    Nice! The same has been happening to me. These are such good guitars.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    AlexO said:
    Just back from first the proper rehearsal with mine for a new band. I was having second thoughts about the R8 as I wasn't sure on its sounds at home practice levels, glad I waited to play it in a full band environment as for me that's where it shines. 
    Switched to my 330 for a song and switched straight back to the LP.

Can't wait to hear mine in a similar setting. That is definitely something to look forward to.
  • terada said:
    Went upstairs at 10pm for an early night. Then I picked up the R8 for ‘5 mins’. Well that quickly turned into nearly 2 hrs 

Just sounds so so good 
    Nice! The same has been happening to me. These are such good guitars.

Find it astonishing at how good they are 
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1424
    lp59boy said:
    Heavyrocker 
    GLWTS
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    lp59boy said:
    Heavyrocker 
    You will have to wait for all the R9 deals to finish.  No-one in their right mind will buy an R8 for £4k when they get an R9 for £3.5k.  By the time some of them have been returned and resold 3 or 4 times then you could be waiting a while.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    crunchman said:
    lp59boy said:
    Heavyrocker 
    You will have to wait for all the R9 deals to finish.  No-one in their right mind will buy an R8 for £4k when they get an R9 for £3.5k.  By the time some of them have been returned and resold 3 or 4 times then you could be waiting a while.
    That's true. I'm putting my R8 up for sale shortly too (keeping the R9s). I'm going to ask £2399 for it with free courier, which I think is a great price for a brand new guitar, even cheaper than the deal.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4859
    Except it's not brand new?! :)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
    Boromedic said:
    Haha. Yes sorry. No it’s obviously not brand new. I mean brand new condition  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Guys

just because the guitars are/ were on a deal doesn’t mean the are worth 2nd hand price from the £2500, only a few months ago before all this someone would of happily paid £2700-3k for a 5.6.7 year old R8 so WHEN these deals end they will be worth more.

many of my other les Paul’s are worth more than I paid

2008 slash vos - paid £2200 going for 5-7k
    2008 slash goldtop- paid £1500 going for 3k
    2018 slash signed anaconda paid £5300 going 10-12k

etc
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5630
    edited October 2018
    lp59boy said:
    Guys

just because the guitars are/ were on a deal doesn’t mean the are worth 2nd hand price from the £2500, only a few months ago before all this someone would of happily paid £2700-3k for a 5.6.7 year old R8
    Rubbish. Second-hand prices for R8s - especially pre-2013 models - were in the range of £1,800 to £2,200.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4859
    hyperben said:
    Boromedic said:
    Haha. Yes sorry. No it’s obviously not brand new. I mean brand new condition  ;)
    Only messing dude, sorry! ;)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    ^ yes, *when* the deals end we’ll see where the used market ends up. Yours is up for sale now for more than the new price which clearly doesn’t make sense at all. 

Not to mention the fact that the market has been flooded. Can there really be anyone who even vagely wanted a nice LP that doesn’t have one now?

Youve done well on the Slash sigs but that’s apples and oranges. Limited edition with a wider collector appeal. 

I’m not denying that the R8s may be worth slightly more than we paid in the future. But it will take a while for the market to refresh. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    lp59boy said:
    Guys

just because the guitars are/ were on a deal doesn’t mean the are worth 2nd hand price from the £2500, only a few months ago before all this someone would of happily paid £2700-3k for a 5.6.7 year old R8 so WHEN these deals end they will be worth more.

many of my other les Paul’s are worth more than I paid

2008 slash vos - paid £2200 going for 5-7k
    2008 slash goldtop- paid £1500 going for 3k
    2018 slash signed anaconda paid £5300 going 10-12k

etc
    Don’t let others here put you off. You can ask whatever price you like, it’s your guitar. If that’s what you think it’s worth then go for it. Personally I wouldn’t have paid more than £2200 for a Plaintop R8 before the deal, but maybe others would have.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom