Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar Guitar R9 sale - Anyone getting excited about these

What's Hot

Comments

• I buy 95% of my stuff over the phone from Sound Affects in Ormskirk - Even bough a PRS Private Stock as I really trust the Owners judgement - I guess it's all about knowing your customer. Tough I guess to deal with walk-ins, but a lot of the places don't even try
    HAve heard some good stories though so don't want to be overly negative
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    TheGASMan said:
    I buy 95% of my stuff over the phone from Sound Affects in Ormskirk - Even bough a PRS Private Stock as I really trust the Owners judgement - I guess it's all about knowing your customer. Tough I guess to deal with walk-ins, but a lot of the places don't even try
    I've bought a lot of stuff from them, and sold a few things - I like Andy there, he's really helpful and it's always a good experience there. And you get coffee!
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10229
    PMT in Romford are excellent. Friendly, helpful, offer you tea, have a lot of time for you. There’s music on, they seem like they’re having a good time too. 

DV247 over the road... it’s silent, no one says anything, there’s never anyone in there. I never go there. 
    I like Amp Guitars in Macclesfield too - only a small place, and it can be awkward if there's another customer or two in there (just for reasons of space) but Chris is a great bloke, and very helpful. I bought an ES-150 (1938) from there recently - it was a big purchase (for me) but I was happy to buy from there, because I trusted Chris. Likewise with Sound Affects Premier, the trust thing is important. 
    Call me Dave.
  • DB1 said:
    TheGASMan said:
    I buy 95% of my stuff over the phone from Sound Affects in Ormskirk - Even bough a PRS Private Stock as I really trust the Owners judgement - I guess it's all about knowing your customer. Tough I guess to deal with walk-ins, but a lot of the places don't even try
    I've bought a lot of stuff from them, and sold a few things - I like Andy there, he's really helpful and it's always a good experience there. And you get coffee!
    Yep Andy is a great guy - seems to work 24/7 too, I’ve had mails from him after 9 at night answering questions - great service
    TheGASMan said:
    DB1 said:
    TheGASMan said:
    Yep Andy is a great guy - seems to work 24/7 too, I’ve had mails from him after 9 at night answering questions - great service
    Yes, same here - but he keeps sending me details of guitars I might be interested in! ;-)
    Call me Dave.
  • YEah and I keep bloody buying them off him LoL

• TheGASMan said:
    prowla said:
    Well, I went into Guitar Guitar Camden yesterday and I probably won't rush to go back there; nobody acknowledged me and staff stood in the way doing their thing - I felt like the invisible man.
    Not surprised.

Just like GAK in Brighton - seems like you are spoiling whatever they are doping when you walk in the shop - I've walked straight out of there a few times now - these big guys moan about box shifters on net only yet don't offer good service in the shops

I've always had good, helpful, and friendly service in GAK.  I like that they don't pester you but help is there if you ask for it.
  • Can understand that - we all expect different types of service

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10229
    edited September 2018
    My R9 was delivered today. 

A very nice guitar. 

I’ve got a 1990 Standard that’s a touch heavy at 10lbs. Very nice guitar. Couldn’t say this is a much better guitar to play to be honest. I was going to sell it but I might just keep both now!  3

I’ll post pictures at some point.

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Down to 21 R9s at GG - no wonder when they sound like this.  Very similar serial number to mine, I think the top came from the same maple log...

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2199
    Treated mine to this nice red strap from Heistercamp....

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1422
    Twinfan said:
    Down to 21 R9s at GG - no wonder when they sound like this.  Very similar serial number to mine, I think the top came from the same maple log...

I must say out of the R8s and R9s I’ve played pretty much all the R9s sounded better. Which serial number do you have?
    The one in the video is 9-7775, I have 9-7667.

I like the tone of both my R8 and R9.  They're in the same ball park but different, and I wouldn't say one was better than the other.
    Twinfan said:
    The one in the video is 9-7775, I have 9-7667.

I like the tone of both my R8 and R9.  They're in the same ball park but different, and I wouldn't say one was better than the other.
    Mine's not far from yours then. I own 97660. Easily the best sounding Les Paul I've ever heard. 8lbs 7oz of perfectly balanced tone.

Fishboy7 said:

The strap looks nice, but that Les Paul is amazing! Love the flame on that one. Not too little, not too much, very tasteful.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    tFB Trader
    Fishboy7 said:

Heistercamp you say? I'd never have guessed! :)
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited September 2018
    2018 R9s and R0s at GAK now reduced too. Only to £3699 though.

My guess is that there will be lots more of this going forward
    Interesting to see that the Washed Cherry I tried and returned has been returned again.  Clearly I'm not the only one that thought it wasn't a great example despite the stunning looks.

Always good to have the option to return them as they're not all killer...
    Twinfan said:
    Interesting to see that the Washed Cherry I tried and returned has been returned again.  Clearly I'm not the only one that thought it wasn't a great example despite the stunning looks.

Always good to have the option to return them as they're not all killer...
    Dare I ask which one it was?