Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar Guitar R9 sale - Anyone getting excited about these

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14428
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    Don't tell everyone - do we need another thread with around 60K viewing figures ?????
    If you sell your custom shop Strats off for £1500 Mark the internet would actually explode...
    Get saving guys, I reckon that day may soon come. Fender aren't far off Gibsons financial predicament and lets face it there is already a huge surplus of Custom Shop stock in the UK, a quick count up of 'In stock' guitars revealed that 5 dealers had 447 guitars! 
    Can't see the recent price increases helping either. £3k plus for an NOS standard spec guitar.
    But Fender have almost no stock in the EU warehouse - New policy coming in will be no stock at all in any warehouse be it the UK/EU or USA - Only forward orders from the dealers and approx 6 month delivery schedules - As such any 'discounting or dumping' will be dealer led and I can't see many dealers selling £10 notes for £9 unless they run into cash flow issues - Regarding C/Shop then Fender have no excess stock to dump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54 said:
    Don't tell everyone - do we need another thread with around 60K viewing figures ?????
    If you sell your custom shop Strats off for £1500 Mark the internet would actually explode...
    Get saving guys, I reckon that day may soon come. Fender aren't far off Gibsons financial predicament and lets face it there is already a huge surplus of Custom Shop stock in the UK, a quick count up of 'In stock' guitars revealed that 5 dealers had 447 guitars! 
    Can't see the recent price increases helping either. £3k plus for an NOS standard spec guitar.
    But Fender have almost no stock in the EU warehouse - New policy coming in will be no stock at all in any warehouse be it the UK/EU or USA - Only forward orders from the dealers and approx 6 month delivery schedules - As such any 'discounting or dumping' will be dealer led and I can't see many dealers selling £10 notes for £9 unless they run into cash flow issues - Regarding C/Shop then Fender have no excess stock to dump
    6 month delivery schedules, that's quite an improvement. Is that down to not having excessive orders from dealers for stock, but solely doing custom orders? Or am I getting that wrong?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just played an R9. Must admit it sounded awesome. I immediately tried a suhr modern and PRS after as that's what I've got. The suhr sounded thin in comparison.. PRS held its own but the Les Paul clearly has "that sound." 

But _3.5k.. no ss frets.. dunno what the but is but it looks plastic. And it's fairly heavy. Looks cool as f*** and sounds good (bit mushy on neck pup). Great deal but I'm not playing AS much as I used to... Hmmmmm. 

Must say the Page beauty of the burst was really awesome. 

• I'm immediately going home to play what I've got to convince myself I don't need another. Especially at £3.5k. It was cool though... Dirty lemon, the one I always liked. But really, this is ridiculous... GAS at it's worst.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just played an R9. Must admit it sounded awesome. I immediately tried a suhr modern and PRS after as that's what I've got. The suhr sounded thin in comparison.. PRS held its own but the Les Paul clearly has "that sound." 

But _3.5k.. no ss frets.. dunno what the but is but it looks plastic. And it's fairly heavy. Looks cool as f*** and sounds good (bit mushy on neck pup). Great deal but I'm not playing AS much as I used to... Hmmmmm. 

Must say the Page beauty of the burst was really awesome. 

You know it makes sense! My love affair with modern and all the things you mention above was nice but I still prefer the classics. Do it, is my advice ;-)

• I don't even know enough about the different models. I tried a standard and it was about the same. You could tell the slight difference but you know what I'm saying.
  • I don't even know enough about the different models. I tried a standard and it was about the same. You could tell the slight difference but you know what I'm saying.
    I was exactly the same. Easy to learn though. And yes, I felt the same about the Standard, for a long time, but there are differences and now I've had it for nearly a fortnight, I much prefer playing my R8. It feels nicer, sounds sweeter and offers a wider range of sounds for my tastes. Which is odd considering the switching options on the Standard. If you need anything, let me know and I'll try my best to help.

• Chances are it'll have sold by time I decide. Do you work for one of these retailers?
  • Chances are it'll have sold by time I decide. Do you work for one of these retailers?
    No, just meant that if I can answer any questions, I will try.

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Well I’ve given myself a good talking to and not going to buy a R9, I have 3 good Les Pauls that all get gigged regularly and this one would most likely turn in to an expensive ornament as is be too scared of dinging it to take it out.Feel good about my common sense winning out 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • No worries :)

I think my prs was about the same price. But defo one I'd have to be careful about if gigging, which I'm not...
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10728
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    SteveF said:

Re: Suhr - perhaps, but so much less rock n' f'n roll.  
    Wasn't rock and roll dead by the end of the fifties? 

Sounds about right then. As far as I can see these are guitars for people into historical re-enactment. 
    'T'is an R9 (nonny nonny) ... forsooth it hast flame aplenty (nonny nonny) ... made after the fashion beloved of Sir Lester of Paul!'
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Love the historical re-enactment line :D
  • By the way, I tried the PRS 594 or whatever it is called... Didn't hold up to the Les Paul. 
  • By the way, I tried the PRS 594 or whatever it is called... Didn't hold up to the Les Paul. 
    I thought the same. Nice guitar but no LP.

• I'm going home (currently outside the ship lol), will sleep on it and play what I've got. £3.5k isalot of dosh and I'm not playing as much as I used to. Might regret it lol 
  • There was an R8 in GG last night for £2499.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Christ I could go on some epic holiday for that money. Ooohh I am hurting here. It's totally irrational lol
  • Sleep on it, as you say. Anderton's have some nice R9s too. R8 was fine for my needs, but to each their own. It's a lot of coin either way.