Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UK Guitar Show - 29th to 30th September

What's Hot
Recently had a few emails and what have you regarding this little get-together: https://www.ukguitarshow.com/welcome

Had a dig around and could find precious little about it on here.  Unless I'm being idiotic, are you folks aware of this shindig?  Looks like it could be rather jolly: anyone planning to attend?  Or is there a reason for it not being spoken of..?

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 533
    The Rory Gallagher display sounds good but it's a bit pricey so I'm kinda thinking I will hold out for the Kempton Park one (hope it happens).
    Don't touch that dial.
  • This appears to be organised by the same people as the UK London Drum Show (also at Olympia) which was not a patch on the UK Drum show in Manchester. This guitar show is also pitched on the same weekend as the Manchester Drum show, I can't help feeling that was deliberate.

I doubt if the show will be a patch on the Brum show in Feb but still well worth attending if its at all convenient.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14366
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    Interesting that the show is effectively owned and run by our dear friends the Guitarist Magazine - So with all the 'power' of such a publication you'd have expected to hear far more buzz about it - @Jason and I had a chat about it a few weeks ago regarding the venue, exhibitors and promotional activity - Will be interesting to see what the actual event will be like

I know of only a few exhibitors who will be there - When you look at their listing then to make it look a larger list then instead of just saying Strings and Things, they have broken it down into products they handle to make it look a longer list - Ernie Ball - Musicman - Hercules etc

How much is it to get in

I've done 2/3 shows in the past at Olympia and hate the venue - Worse I know for parking and loading in/out
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • £20 per day or £32 for two days. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    I was thinking of checking this out. Hope it turns out ok, for me I'd be looking to see some stuff that I would not normally see in shops etc - be it products or experiences.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    Bit pricey, £25 on the door or £20 in advance. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4942
    Well, there's the South East Bass Bash on that Saturday, so that's where I'll be!
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3638
    Voxman said:
    Ridiculous.

You can go and look around GuitarGuitar for free!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Neil said:
    Voxman said:
    Ridiculous.

I pretty much guarantee you'll see more gear as well in such a large store
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2595
    tFB Trader
    I was considering it but could not get it together in time, I am going to the Kempton park one though which is looking good at the moment and you will see things there that you won't see in guitarguitar...... like me :)

I think Thorpy has a stand from the floor plan I saw last time? It is London and it will draw in visitors, it was a lot more expensive for a stand than any of the other shows in the UK and I think many of the smaller firms would not be able to justify the costs vs sales revenue. I do hope it goes well for them and those exhibiting.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    Neil said:
    Voxman said:
    Ridiculous.

I pretty much guarantee you'll see more gear as well in such a large store
    Was thinking of going, but it doesn’t seem to be very well liked for whatever reason?
    I was considering it but could not get it together in time, I am going to the Kempton park one though which is looking good at the moment and you will see things there that you won't see in guitarguitar...... like me

I think Thorpy has a stand from the floor plan I saw last time? It is London and it will draw in visitors, it was a lot more expensive for a stand than any of the other shows in the UK and I think many of the smaller firms would not be able to justify the costs vs sales revenue. I do hope it goes well for them and those exhibiting.
    will be mainly new gear at Olympia - Kempton will have more used gear (as well as new) and certainly less corporate - 28th Oct - I'll post info nearer the time on FB for Kempton - Will be a larger selection of new, used/vintage etc at Kempton as well

I know stand cost is quite expensive as you say - But at Olympia it is also parking and hotel expenses which will add another £300/500 for each exhibitor

I never considered exhibiting at Olympia  - I hate the venue - Loading is not so bad if everyone arrives at a different time on Friday to set-up - It is unloading on Sunday at the end of the show - One lift only and everyone leaves at the same time - It can take a number of trips in the lift and you are waiting all the time for it to be loaded or unloaded before the next trip to 1st and ground floor - Total pain and parking last time for me was around £120 for 2 days - Give me @Jason 's show at Brum any day over this
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited September 2018
    I love The Guitar Show (The proper one in Birmingham) and I actually look forward to it.  The other exhibitors are great.  I look forward to it.

The UK Guitar Show, well it took ages to find out when that was happening.  Everyone knows that it's just under 23 weeks to The Guitar Show and that it's going to be awesome.  I'm not just saying that because Vigier artist and hot sauce entrepreneur Ron Thal is going to be there. 
  • I was considering it but could not get it together in time, I am going to the Kempton park one though which is looking good at the moment and you will see things there that you won't see in guitarguitar...... like me :)

When it the one at Kempton?
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103

I won't comment on the "other" show, but one thing annoyed me and amused me in equal amount, Future's first press release actually had my show's name on it instead of theirs, either malicious or just plain dumb, I'm yet to decide which

Cue a retraction and a half apology from their solicitor
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    Voxman said:

They are also charging £5 extra for guaranteed tickets for the live acts.  They will release any unsold tickets an hour before each show on a first come first served basis.

There was another thread on here somewhere that mentioned a 20% discount on the entry price.

I only live about 3 miles away so I might go.

tFB Trader
    I was considering it but could not get it together in time, I am going to the Kempton park one though which is looking good at the moment and you will see things there that you won't see in guitarguitar...... like me :)

28th Oct - I'll post info nearer the time - http://www.guitarshows.co.uk/ARPages/SouthOfEngland.html
  • I was considering it but could not get it together in time, I am going to the Kempton park one though which is looking good at the moment and you will see things there that you won't see in guitarguitar...... like me :)

28th Oct - I'll post info nearer the time - http://www.guitarshows.co.uk/ARPages/SouthOfEngland.html
    Ok that, think I'll wait for this show then :+1: 
  • crunchman said:
    Voxman said:

They are also charging £5 extra for guaranteed tickets for the live acts.  They will release any unsold tickets an hour before each show on a first come first served basis.

There was another thread on here somewhere that mentioned a 20% discount on the entry price.

I only live about 3 miles away so I might go.

SBC20 will get you 20% off the ticket price , but I'm not sure if that's advance tickets only.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27674
    I love The Guitar Show (The proper one in Birmingham) and I actually look forward to it.  The other exhibitors are great.  I look forward to it.
    +1
    There is only one The Guitar Show.  We're at it along with a couple of hundred (+) of our members. 

Jason said:
    either malicious or just plain dumb, I'm yet to decide which
    Or both
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.