Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Harrisons found guilty of organising the £1 million raid on the Guitar Ranch, Verona in 2006.

What's Hot
According to Pierpaolo Adda, owner of the Guitar Ranch.
AT THE END THE JUSTICE WON!

And now the last update I have been waiting for 12 years!

On June 29, 2018 the Court of Verona finally pronounced itself on the unfortunate circumstances of my two thefts and recognized Richard (Rick) Harrison and Justin Harrison guilty as having designed and organized them.

I report the main parts of the sentence, which as soon as possible I will report here in full, with the related reasons, so that everyone knows who these two characters are who I considered colleagues and friends!

The full judgement, made on the 28th June this year in Verona, can be found here. (In Italian.) I guess the Harrison's won't be holidaying in Italy any time soon!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• For those who don't know the story, the BBC Fake Britain program about the thefts seems to have disappeared from YouTube, but there is a copy here.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What’s concerning is that mr pym is saying that he bought a guitar and he knew it wasn’t right straight away but he still tried to sell it on, until the police found his advert and intervened. So why didn’t he just return it straight way and rise his concerns. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • For those who don't know the story, the BBC Fake Britain program about the thefts seems to have disappeared from YouTube, but there is a copy here.

Thanks for that vid, haven’t seen it before. Very interesting 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30929
    There’s been huge conjecture about this. Does this mean the Harrison’s will be arrested? Is there an extradition treaty with Italy?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    Justin, is the same scumbag who tried to buy my plexi just a couple of weeks ago. Despite the court ruling, these guys are still operating and in fact they use reverb.com and there's very little you can do to stop them from buying items you might have for sale.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459
    Gassage said:
    There’s been huge conjecture about this. Does this mean the Harrison’s will be arrested? Is there an extradition treaty with Italy?
    For the moment we are in the EU, so there shouldn't be any problem extraditing them.
  • Gassage said:
    A European Arrest Warrant issued by one EU country's judicial authority is valid in the entire territory of the EU.

Although I do wonder whether the modmins should now stick this one BCD...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    For those who don't know the story, the BBC Fake Britain program about the thefts seems to have disappeared from YouTube, but there is a copy here.

Thanks for posting that (and the link) - I've wanted to watch that for a while, but as you say, it's disappeared from YouTube. It's a murky world out there. I have met DJP and chatted to him and he's extremely knowledgeable and (to me) seems as straight as a die. Rightly or wrongly, the thought of buying a vintage guitar (although I can't afford the big sticker money) in London terrifies me, although I appreciate that you can get burnt anywhere. I tend to stick to one vintage dealer who I enjoy buying from and dealing with, although I've met some other good ones as well. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited December 2018
    Shame it's all in Italian. What does this mean, will they get another sentence?
    brooom said:
    Justin, is the same scumbag who tried to buy my plexi just a couple of weeks ago. Despite the court ruling, these guys are still operating and in fact they use reverb.com and there's very little you can do to stop them from buying items you might have for sale.
    he's on ebay too, 'londonvintagegts'
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    edited September 2018
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    For the moment we are in the EU, so there shouldn't be any problem extraditing them.
    Unless they sit back for 6 months and wait for no deal. Sitting pretty for a while longer then.

Hmmm, I had a "londonvintage" style bidder on my Rick when I sold it a while ago. Straight in too, but they were outbid at the last minute. Will have to look up the name again.

*edit* "VintagePlusLondonGuitars" - anyone know anything about that buyer?
    Kitsune said:
    crunchman said:
    Gassage said:
    Unless they sit back for 6 months and wait for no deal. Sitting pretty for a while longer then.

Hmmm, I had a "londonvintage" style bidder on my Rick when I sold it a while ago. Straight in too, but they were outbid at the last minute. Will have to look up the name again.

*edit* "VintagePlusLondonGuitars" - anyone know anything about that buyer?
    Yes, I do - I cancelled a purchase by them. I'll send you a DM, because it could have been 'crossed wires'. 

Call me Dave.
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    On a side note I have met and spoken with David and he seems to be extremely knowledgeable and like a decent guy. I wonder why he had it for sale if he suspected it to be off. Maybe he missed it and was embarrassed to say so, who knows. 
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    edited September 2018
    Stu_tate said:
    On a side note I have met and spoken with David and he seems to be extremely knowledgeable and like a decent guy. I wonder why he had it for sale if he suspected it to be off. Maybe he missed it and was embarrassed to say so, who knows. 
    The Italian sentence states that they planned and organised the theft, if I understand correctly, according to guitar ranch’s headline. 
    I was talking to an ex-employee of theirs the other week, and heard about the story. Amazing really, and they still have the front to appear in public!
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Court sentences aren’t the easiest to read. It seems they have five years of prison and 50,000 to pay plus expenses. 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    As I said in another thread, all I know about vintage gear is that I don't know enough about vintage gear.

Too many sharks out there for me to dip my toe in.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    terada said:
    As I said in another thread, all I know about vintage gear is that I don't know enough about vintage gear.

I agree - what I know about vintage guitars you could tattoo on the left buttock of a gerbil. As the £ signs tend to be bigger with vintage guitars, it starts to get riskier, obviously. I found a dealer who I was comfortable with and have done four deals so far, and they've been deals that have been very helpful. No affiliation, by the way, just a happy punter. I've also bought a couple of cheaper ones privately (a Grabber Bass and a 1955 ES-125) and a nice 1938 ES-150, along with original case and an assessment from a Gibson historian, from Chris at the excellent Amp Guitars in Macclesfield. I don't want to come across as an advertisement for a specific dealer, because there are some good ones out there, but if anyone's thinking of getting into the vintage Gibson/Fender scene, then do feel free to DM me and I'll happily give you my (limited) experience. 
    Call me Dave.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459
    terada said:

There are some really good modern guitars around as well.  If you can find a really good vintage one they are great, but they are silly money.  10 or 12 years ago, I played a refinished 50s Tele with a shaved down neck that was £2k more than I've just paid for an is absolutely stunning R9.  That Tele might have been the best sounding electric guitar I've played but I have played a handful of modern ones that run it close.  When you think what it would have cost in unmolested condition it's just silly money.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I agree - I'm very much into the vintage vibe (30's,40's,50's,60's Gibsons really) but most of my guitars are post-2000 and there are some great guitars in there. For me, the mix of modern and vintage fulfils just about every need, guitarwise. 
    Call me Dave.
  • Stu_tate said:
    That’s exactly what I’ve said.