Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Peach Guitars left the forum - well done you Cnuts

What's Hot

Comments

• My perspective from dealing with the general public daily, is that any large enough group will contain fuckwits. No way about it. Only way to do it is to more strongly moderate the "don't be a dick" rule, even then there will always be mild headaches. 

If you want to sort this and believe you're in the right then cooler or ban the offender & ask the retailer back. Celebrity guitarists are more fickle and probly have better things to do anyway. However, long term this may also kill some of the gonzo/funny atmosphere that I love here. However, its a small price to pay for a resource that costs me peanuts. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    To quote Blackadder, I believe the phrase rhymes with clucking bell.

@TTony can you just kick them off, say sorry to Peach from us all and ask them to consider coming back? I miss them already...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    FFS. Seriously. Which idiot did that. Every interaction I’ve had with John, Alan and the others there has been top notch. How sad that one dickhead has ruined it for everyone 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14573
    edited September 2018
    Never had any dealings with Peach Guitars myself but my musical collaborator purchased both of his favourite guitars from them. The only thing that stopped him becoming a satisfied customer for a third time was Mrs. Musical Collaborator.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • It must have been bad as there were so many arse licky posts to them before that
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Snags said:
    That's a shame.  I can only assume it was something worse than the minor digression in the R8 thread
    Yes it was. It's not for us to say why, but...think in terms of the reason that Andertons also left a few years back, and you're on the right lines.
    What happened with Anderson’s?

shouldnt this be a name, shame, and get the fuck off this forum situation? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • so many arse licky posts to them 
    Perhaps, that was the problem? Some punter may have imagined that he or she deserved special consideration from a retailer just for saying nice things about their stock or service on this forum.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    Ban the perpetrator (once known) and invite peach back. Such an embarrassment.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11346
    Thiking back to the "are you a terrorist" it may be that we need a questionnaire for new members here as well, asking if they're a dick (and adding many of the euphmisms, just to make it obvious).

Honestly, how big a bell-end do you have to be to realise that you have been invited to join this amazing resource for nothing, nothing at all except the expectation that your bell-endedness will be kept at bay for the duration of your visits and you can get to talk about things with people who know what they're on about in a way you couldn't in real life.

It's disappointing. I'm sending you all to bed with no dinner.
  • I must admit, I saw some of the Hudson Broadcast comments and personally flinched at the aggression and tone of them...

It is often a modern entity;

- the need for information becomes a right for information

- couple this with the (mis) perception of sovereign entitlement 

And bingo... “Im the most important thing, I want and Im entitled to inforrmation and I WANT IT NOW”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1247
    mli3 said:
    Snags said:
    That's a shame.  I can only assume it was something worse than the minor digression in the R8 thread
    Yes it was. It's not for us to say why, but...think in terms of the reason that Andertons also left a few years back, and you're on the right lines.

Personal attacks on individuals and their family's IIRC.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    mli3 said:
    Snags said:

Lee Anderton was attacked as were the firms videos and of course Chappers .. pathetic.

Mostly jealously - Lee runs a successful store, has changed the way guitar shops market themselves and has won a shedload of awards. Chappers seems a nice guy who makes a living from teaching, gear demos and his band.

Sad people think they have a right to criticise people unfairly.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6732
    scrumhalf said:
    Thiking back to the "are you a terrorist" it may be that we need a questionnaire for new members here as well, asking if they're a dick (and adding many of the euphmisms, just to make it obvious).

Honestly, how big a bell-end do you have to be to realise that you have been invited to join this amazing resource for nothing, nothing at all except the expectation that your bell-endedness will be kept at bay for the duration of your visits and you can get to talk about things with people who know what they're on about in a way you couldn't in real life.

It's disappointing. I'm sending you all to bed with no dinner.
    I posted this same video on the "Little Miss Cunty" thread and it works here too.

Q. How can you admit to being stupid if you are so stupid that you have no idea that you are stupid?
    A. You can't. 

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    edited September 2018
    If it happened off forum it could have and should have been dealt with off-forum. I’m sure the Peach guys are intelligent enough to realise that one individual is not representative of a whole forum.

However, it sounds like there’s more to it than the actions of an individual judging by the comment from @TTony ;;that it was the final straw.

If it was just the actions of an individual then the Peach response isn’t proportionate, but might have been an easy excuse because forum life doesn’t suit them. Which is understandable - there’s far to much shit and opinion thrown around on forums for most businesses to be bothered with.

If you look at the members who are in the trade that have stuck around and integrated they are members first, engaging and interested in chatting shit about guitars. Their business tends to be secondary.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    edited September 2018
    I found their online presence here was fine
    . They’ve done some excellent vids (eg Revivaldrive) , and sometimes announced those here
    and best of all, they are one of the very few shops to stock some high end lefties..

i still don’t understand one thing; have they chosen to absent themselves or have they been banned?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Shame. Usually a big loss when retailers/developers leave a forum as you can lose out on a lot of insight/inside information. Hope they reconsider.
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Ffs. That is definitely shite. Can’t we bring John back on provision of banning the knobs?
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    ok I'll admit, I'm curious to know who did it.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27686
    i still don’t understand one thing; have they chosen to absent themselves or have they in banned?

Did you read the thread and not understand, or not bother with the reading bit?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    7reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • If it’s down to an individual or a couple of idiots then they should be the ones going. Bloody ridiculous to lose the presence of yet another business because of some trolling by individuals who should know better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom