Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Peach Guitars left the forum - well done you Cnuts

What's Hot

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3672
    PC_Dave said:
    TTony said:
    PC_Dave said:
    Shall I sharpen my pitchfork?
    I'm a little surprised and disappointed with that comment @PC_Dave. O

How did you allow it to become blunt?
    Sorry @TTony , with Emp being so well behaved it ended up at the back of the shed. 

Won’t happen again, I promise.
    Pitch fork? Fuck that, lock and load boys, we's gonna get done some huntin!
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I really can’t see how it can get to this and why are people just complete twats. I followed the R8 thread till I ran out of time and missed a few days and could not catch up so left it but from what I saw for 3 odd weeks. Peach were on the ball answering spec questions, keeping guitars for people on hols and getting stuff out the door at what was probably a very taxing time.

So to lose them due to member actions I just say name and shame then ban.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    I don't get it.. I just don't understand people's needs to be dicks when online. I get the whole anonymous mask thing but seriously why would you? 

We're all a little worse off due to the actions of a few :/

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24863
    edited September 2018
    Can we just find out who’s responsible and f**k them off - we just don’t need stuff like this. Funnily enough, even though I don’t live anywhere near Peach I’ve found myself watching a lot of their YouTube vids and thinking I must find a way of visiting the store - very much as a result of their coverage on here.

Jon comes across as a great bloke - I hope he’ll come back at some point.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11399
    George Carlin puts it so well.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This pisses me off, i bought my R8 from Peach, brilliant service, everything i read from them was helpful and informative and the forum is a worse place for losing them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31790
    I've been offline and out of the loop for six weeks or so, but is the same Peach who've just hoovered up around a hundred grand in a week or so from this very forum? 

Sometimes I think some of these shopkeepers ought to learn to take the rough with the smooth now and again. 
    2reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 29reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Unfortunately some people are just arseholes, and forums can bring out the worst in people sometimes.

Gutted for Peach, absolutely no need for whatever abuse they got  :(
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    Can we just find out who’s responsible and f**k them off - we just don’t need stuff like this. Funnily enough, even though I don’t live anywhere near Peach I’ve found myself watching a lot of their YouTube vids and thinking I must find a way of visiting the store - very much as a result of their coverage on here.

Jon comes across as a great bloke - I hope he’ll come back at some point.
    I thought exactly the same.... Great playing, looked a great store etc..No daft antics on YouTube.... Great shame  :s
  • I’ve been biting my tongue since I heard about this.

There really are some arseholes on this forum which is a shame given most of the guys on here are great.

Now no one on here will be getting the heads up about any deals or promos from one of the best retailers out there. To the individual concerned, well done you complete dick. You’re a self entitled shit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    p90fool said:
    I've been offline and out of the loop for six weeks or so, but is the same Peach who've just hoovered up around a hundred grand in a week or so from this very forum? 

Sometimes I think some of these shopkeepers ought to learn to take the rough with the smooth now and again. 
    Im sorry but I think the importance of the “Peach R8” thread is vastly overstated. If anyone thinks for one second that they wouldn’t have sold all of their allocation two or three times over at those prices is seriously mistaken. 
    Did TheFretboard community buy some of them? Yes but if it didn’t exist, those same people would have still found out and still bought and if they didn’t, then someone else would have. Believe it or not, Peach have a large community of loyal customers that would only need a quick call or email stating the availability of such a deal to open their wallets and make the purchase - that’s what good customer relations gets you. 

John didn't need to be on here and he didn’t need to spend his time answering questions, posting pictures or doing nice things like putting extra items in cases. We, however, did need all of those things and now we are worse off without them. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 26reaction image Wisdom
  • brownovichbrownovich Frets: 417
    edited September 2018
    p90fool said:

So do you mean to tell me Peach wouldn’t have sold those R8s without this forum? Might have taken them a few more days at most to sell them all, but don’t think for a moment that they wouldn’t have flown out the door.

This goes far beyond “taking the rough with the smooth” and No one should have to put up with it.

“Sometimes I think some of these forum users should ought to learn to take their head’s out of their arses...”

I fixed it for you...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Iamnobody said:
    If it was just the actions of an individual then the Peach response isn’t proportionate, but might have been an easy excuse because forum life doesn’t suit them. Which is understandable - there’s far to much shit and opinion thrown around on forums for most businesses to be bothered with.

If you look at the members who are in the trade that have stuck around and integrated they are members first, engaging and interested in chatting shit about guitars. Their business tends to be secondary.
    Trust me it was absolutely proportionate, and John has done more than most to be work with the forum. The line was well and truly crossed, and I don’t blame him for walking away.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3401
    Right, I’m not taking the piss with this question, but what’s an R8? 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    edited September 2018
    This forum does and promotes so much good that its saddening to read that business are leaving.

Also embarrassed for the prick who doesn't know how much of a cnut they really are.

Name and shame........

• I can't be arsed to read this stuff but FFS, a decent retailer doing a good thing. Gutted they've been pushed away. Probably brought a shit load of new members too in the last few weeks, I'd wager.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2753
    Iamnobody said:
    If it was just the actions of an individual then the Peach response isn’t proportionate, but might have been an easy excuse because forum life doesn’t suit them. Which is understandable - there’s far to much shit and opinion thrown around on forums for most businesses to be bothered with.

If you look at the members who are in the trade that have stuck around and integrated they are members first, engaging and interested in chatting shit about guitars. Their business tends to be secondary.
    Trust me it was absolutely proportionate, and John has done more than most to be work with the forum. The line was well and truly crossed, and I don’t blame him for walking away.
    Sadly it was probably just a matter of time before something like this happened given what has happened with other businesses.   

Do we actually know what happened though?

It might be too late to fix thing this time but if the individuals aren’t named I would hope we can learn to avoid this happening yet again if any businesses are still willing to join.  
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27821

READ THIS

I'm not particularly happy right now.  

I understand is that someone here decided to phone Peach and deliver a load of insults.  I don't know who.  I don't understand why.  The result is that John has opted to take his involvement away from the forum, which is a bad result for everyone here.

What we absolutely do not need now is people - with no more fact than me - jumping in with assumptions and (mis)interpretation to create arguments with each other and more ill-feeling across the forum.  Experience suggests that that's likely to happen.  It seems to be the way of internets and forums.  And this forum - regrettably - tends to suffer just as all the others do.  

Can we be different this time?  Once?

Rather than making a bad situation worse, and pissing me off even more, could the comments here be kept non-argumentative and respectful - of each other as well as Peach.

Thank you.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 18reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4210
    TTony said:

READ THIS

I understand is that someone here decided to phone Peach and deliver a load of insults.  I don't know who.  I don't understand why.  The result is that John has opted to take his involvement away from the forum, which is a bad result for everyone here.

What we absolutely do not need now is people - with no more fact than me - jumping in with assumptions and (mis)interpretation to create arguments with each other and more ill-feeling across the forum.  Experience suggests that that's likely to happen.  It seems to be the way of internets and forums.  And this forum - regrettably - tends to suffer just as all the others do.  

Rather than making a bad situation worse, and pissing me off even more, could the comments here be kept non-argumentative and respectful - of each other as well as Peach.

Thank you.
    A Huge +1
  • TTony said:

READ THIS

Thank you.
    Well said!