Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Peach Guitars left the forum - well done you Cnuts

What's Hot
As the title says, yet again we lose a retailer and a decent bloke to boot. Stay classy all those that drove them away you fricking eejits.

Feel a bit like Charlton Heston in that end scene of Planet Of The Apes....

Cnuts

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3675
    Whats this all about then? 
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4943
    edited September 2018
    No idea if I'm honest, but the usual bollox probably. This is why we can't have nice things, no harm in constructive comments but some people have no idea where the line is it seems.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3675
    Im not understanding?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5428
    That's a shame.  I can only assume it was something worse than the minor digression in the R8 thread (unless that's been filleted and it was actually worse than I saw), as on balance they get a heck of a lot of love here, and by and large all parties engaged positively. :/
  • Snags said:
    That's a shame.  I can only assume it was something worse than the minor digression in the R8 thread
    Yes it was. It's not for us to say why, but...think in terms of the reason that Andertons also left a few years back, and you're on the right lines.
    <space for hire>
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, I follow a lot of the updates on the R8 thread and there was the odd negative comment but nothing I would assume Jon would get too bothered by. By and large that's been a great thread. However maybe someone's been PM'ing them linked to sour grapes at the situation with the last batch and being a dick, either way yet again the forum suffers because of the actions of a few numpties.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5428
    Snags said:
    That's a shame.  I can only assume it was something worse than the minor digression in the R8 thread
    Yes it was. It's not for us to say why, but...think in terms of the reason that Andertons also left a few years back, and you're on the right lines.
    :(

I have to say, I don't envy any business seeking to engage people on an open forum, in any field.  There are always "special" customers/clients in all walks of life, but at least when it's all direct they're generally the outliers, and relatively easily limited and moved on from.

On a forum you've got a seemingly infinite supply of random arseholery to be hit with at any point, and are in a cleft stick in terms of the "respond/ignore" dilemma.

The above being a generic observation, as I have no knowledge of the recent goings-on, or the historic ones (before my time guv).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Fucks sake
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Snags said:
    I'd like to see some naming and shaming. Peach is an excellent dealer that provides superb service to guitarists. It's tragic that they have felt it necessary to leave The Fretboard. Let's know who we have to thank for that......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16252
    Very brave of any retailer in any sphere to be open to abuse on a forum.........
    You can't satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time no matter how good you are.
    "WHEN WE DO GOOD NOBODY REMEMBERS But IF WE DO WRONG NOBODY FORGETS "
    Shame.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So this was because he sold guitars to customers in his store, rather than reserving them solely for the feeding frenzy on this forum?
  • Tbh I have no plans to buy from Peach, I don't buy new guitars so it's nothing personal. However I used to really enjoy reading their posts on here , especially snippets around what the big manufacturers were up too.

Its a real shame to lose them, another good guy gone because of the inability of some to see beyond the end of their own noses.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • There are some propa twats about...

Do we have a link to the thread that’s upset John ?
    He is a top bloke, and so are Peach.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27823
    Whether you're a customer of Peach or not, whether you're an R8 customer or not, whether you've ever met John or not, and whether you think he's the best guy on the planet or not,  whether you've ever been to either of Peach's shops or not, whether any of that - or a lot more besides - the fact that another retailer has chosen to leave the forum leaves us all poorer.

The fact that the retailer was someone who had generated a hugely positive profile here and had looked after a LOT of our members in a popular recent thread is even more disappointing.

The "final straw" (John's words) happened off-forum, but  was - we believe - from a forum member, prompted by posts on-forum.

I don't know - yet - who the responsible person was, but  I'm hoping John has the name.

The person  responsible is probably reading this.  I'll apologise to him for using long words and long sentences in this post that are probably beyond his comprehension.

I'll try something simpler.  You're a fuckwit.  Please leave.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 46reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    Wiz'd and agreed, although I'd say selfish fuckwit.........

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23470

This is very, very irritating.

I haven't been directly involved in the R8/R9 story (i.e. I haven't bought one) but I've followed the threads with interest and I can't see any reason why John and Peach should have come in for any stick whatsoever.

We really can be a bunch of utter fucking wankers on this forum.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4210
    WTAF ! If anyone affiliated with a Peach is still about, I can only apologise for the behaviour of some people here :( 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72868
    I haven't read that thread and I've only ever bought one thing from Peach personally (a pedal, a long time ago), but I've heard nothing but good things about them from anyone I know who has dealt with them. It would be a shame if a decent retailer feels they have been forced to leave by one abusive member.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6130
    That's a shame. Having knowledgeable retailers as active forum members adds a lot to the forum generally and John seemed like a very helpful and friendly guy.