Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Peach Guitars left the forum - well done you Cnuts

What's Hot

Comments

• Adamski said:

Today TheFretboard lost another major retailer, a great contributor and perhaps suffered some minor damage to its reputation - to Peach, it was a slightly inconvenienced Saturday. 
    Bingo, and there aren't many UK retailers left for us to talk to. We need them more than they need us.

We genuinely have put a lot of effort into getting companies interested in giving member deals on here, because we see it as our duty for having taken on the responsibility of making sure the community thrives, but...every time it's been a wasted effort, because of dickery.

Kind of soul-destroying, that.
    Would anything have been able to have prevented it? This time or when it was Andertons?
    Yes - common decency ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    edited September 2018
    I’m not gonna lie, I knicked that bit from that great classic of modern cinema, Streetfighter - The Movie! Haha. 

M-Bison - For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me......it was Tuesday.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • As stated by John Cleese

“Nonsense. Good riddance to him, the freeloading bastard! I hope he fries

I am not sure if peach contributed funding to the forum and if they did its a shame they have left 

If not though then what's the big deal. Its actually their loss . I only bought from them previously because they were posters on here and their name was brought to my attention. . They may well have eventually sold their 58 allocation but they got rid of them a lot quicker thanks to this forum   

Man up John 

See, that's where you're totally wrong. We were in talks with them to start something new which would really have been a massive benefit to this forum (far more than it would've been to them), and that's gone down the toilet.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • What was this benefit going to be. As far as I could tell there was no benefit to a member of this forum buying from peach than anyone else buying from them. For example there are a couple of big audio visual forums out there where regular contributors get free postage or a discount from some retailers who promote their goods on the said forum. 
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Would anything have been able to have prevented it? This time or when it was Andertons?
    Yes - common decency ;)
    Of course, but not what I meant.

Assuming it is not possible to control the actions of an individual, was there any action that could’ve been taken to prevent the businesses from leaving in either case?

Because if not it will always be at the mercy of the destructive minority, the community is large enough that not everyone will be on the same wavelength as far as common decency goes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• I still believe that the member concerned should be named and banned. As said earlier, we do this with other people and have a long running thread detailing those transgressors. It should be the same here. 
    Would if we could, but frankly...that would involve hassling John to give us the name (as well as the potential blowback from the asshat in question, who's already shown himself willing to personally harass people he doesn't like), and I'm not willing to cause him any more grief over this than he's already had.

If it prevents more grief for John then fair enough. But he really should give you the individual's name. I hope he will do that so a ban can be applied. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What was this benefit going to be. As far as I could tell there was no benefit to a member of this forum buying from peach than anyone else buying from them. For example there are a couple of big audio visual forums out there where regular contributors get free postage or a discount from some retailers who promote their goods on the said forum. 
    This forum has historically founded part of its identity on independence from businesses.

Typically in any setup with commercial sponsorship there is some amount of what could be described as constructive censorship by some. Or the expectation to just not be rude by others. It just depends where the line gets drawn.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1998
    What was this benefit going to be. As far as I could tell there was no benefit to a member of this forum buying from peach than anyone else buying from them. For example there are a couple of big audio visual forums out there where regular contributors get free postage or a discount from some retailers who promote their goods on the said forum. 
    I have to agree with @sunshinewelly ;- Peach made a lot of money from this forum and the benefits for them outweighed one snot-nosed member having a dig (if that was what it was).

They put up a competition here for a Fender custom shop guitar, but didn't say what charity it was for.

I actually felt sorry for Feline and Stormshadow etc, that contribute more often than Peach, but that's the nature of this wider Fender/Gibson/PRS nonsense and the sheep that follow it.

I like Peach, but trolls are a regular thing nowadays.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4209
    As this thread brought so very clearly to light, I'm going to do my best not to be a negative arsehole and trust me there are some Posts that I have to bite my tongue on. All i can say is that those  shops that continue to dip into this mad world of silliness please don't take it to heart if some fuckwit  takes it upon him or herself to be a twat please don't tar us all with the same brush
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13976
    edited September 2018
    There are twats among us, 'twas ever thus, even before the internet. There is no point posting bleating, whining posts about it, stop being so sensitive, just punish them or ignore them. These are the only consequences that will change thier behaviour.

It's a shame John at Peach has decided not to post anymore but he cleary felt it was necessary and I'm glad he did it without any fanfare flouncing.

I'm not sure why this had to be publically declared, on his behalf, on open forum though, it adds no value whatsoever. It wasn't an Admin action or intervention so shouldn't have been posted on that thread.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4922
    edited September 2018
    There's some woeful posts in here whereby I'm struggling with the logic of them, but the usual caveat applies, opinions are like arseholes.....

Think what you want even if it's utter rubbish, but regardless of your opinions on Peach, the forum is a poorer place without them. I'm bowing out of this thread because I'm actually surprised at some of the content. I'm a pretty hard nosed guy in real life, (big nosed as well but that's a different story!), and not afraid to tell people to man up. In this instance I think that's wide of the mark, each to their own anyway. Take it steady....

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    edited September 2018
    Looking back over some of these comments is shocking, i'm amazed that some people just don't get it.
    How anyone could try and justify abusing another forum member regardless if they're selling their business or not is amazing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

• I'm not sure why this had to be publically declared, on his behalf, on open forum though, it adds no value whatsoever. It wasn't an Admin action or intervention so shouldn't have been posted on that thread.
    If I understand correctly TTony and digitalscream  have already put some work into developing a link with Peach that would have brought tangible benefits to the forum. That would have been quite a coup. 
    Some of the comments about Peach hoovering up £100k and not naming a charity for their raffle are just bizarre. Peach need the forum a lot less than the forum could have benefited from their input. They would have sold all of those R8's, probably to the same members here, and raffle tickets, whether they had posted updates or not.

I just don't understand why some people think that any abuse is acceptable, or excusable.

If I am dealing with Peach in the future, as I hope to be (possible Suhr custom order) I don't think I would be inclined to mention the Fretboard, which is a shame.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

• I'm not sure why this had to be publically declared, on his behalf, on open forum though, it adds no value whatsoever. It wasn't an Admin action or intervention so shouldn't have been posted on that thread.
    If I understand correctly TTony and digitalscream  have already put some work into developing a link with Peach that would have brought tangible benefits to the forum. That would have been quite a coup. 
    Some of the comments about Peach hoovering up £100k and not naming a charity for their raffle are just bizarre. Peach need the forum a lot less than the forum could have benefited from their input. They would have sold all of those R8's, probably to the same members here, and raffle tickets, whether they had posted updates or not.

I just don't understand why some people think that any abuse is acceptable, or excusable.

If I am dealing with Peach in the future, as I hope to be (possible Suhr custom order) I don't think I would be inclined to mention the Fretboard, which is a shame.

Why not mention the fretboard? Prove that it’s an individual/minority problem and that you are one of the decent members. 

If if they get enough positive experience it might swing things back in the forum’s favour.

I’ve never even shopped with Peach online or set foot in the place so probably won’t have that opportunity myself. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Regarding the money, I think people are forgetting something. 

You spent £2.5k or whatever it was. 
    Peach didnt profit to the tune of £2.5k... 
    They had to buy those guitars first. 

I highly doubt they've 'made' anywhere near £100,000. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • Iamnobody said:

I'm not sure why this had to be publically declared, on his behalf, on open forum though, it adds no value whatsoever. It wasn't an Admin action or intervention so shouldn't have been posted on that thread.

Why not mention the fretboard? Prove that it’s an individual/minority problem and that you are one of the decent members. 

If if they get enough positive experience it might swing things back in the forum’s favour.

I’ve never even shopped with Peach online or set foot in the place so probably won’t have that opportunity myself. 
    I think it may be too late for that.  All this thread has done is confirm that Peach have probably done the right thing.
    I agree absolutely that every member should not be tarred with the one brush, but I think the dick/not-a-dick ratio is higher than I would be comfortable discussing with any retailer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I can understand the frustrations of those working hard behind the scenes to cultivate relationships that they consider valuable to the future viability of this Forum, only to see them come to nothing through no fault of their own. 

It's bloody soul destroying. 

I'd like to express my personal thanks to you both for at least trying,,,,again. 

It's OK to get angry, but it is damaging to stay angry, we are frankly better than this.

I believe the Admins are strategic enough to keep the identity of the wrong 'un to themselves, and deal with said individual privately. It would be disastrous to have a public flogging, absolutely disastrous.  

I wish those at Peach continued success, and hope those here who've had another kick in the balls, get their breath back quickly.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    While there is a lot of venom directed towards one unknown individual here don't overlook that Peach described that phone call as 'the last straw'. So there were seemingly other posts by other members that were already making Peach question their continuing membership of the forum. It would clearly be helpful if Peach confided in the Admins what sort of posts were making them feel that way. Leaving without that sort of feedback doesn't help the forum at all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • I can understand the frustrations of those working hard behind the scenes to cultivate relationships that they consider valuable to the future viability of this Forum, only to see them come to nothing through no fault of their own. 

It's bloody soul destroying. 

I'd like to express my personal thanks to you both for at least trying,,,,again. 

It's OK to get angry, but it is damaging to stay angry, we are frankly better than this.

I believe the Admins are strategic enough to keep the identity of the wrong 'un to themselves, and deal with said individual privately. It would be disastrous to have a public flogging, absolutely disastrous.  

I wish those at Peach continued success, and hope those here who've had another kick in the balls, get their breath back quickly.

Great post ar kid
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited September 2018
    All this talk of naming and shaming is only going to cause more trouble for the forum 

If the mods can find out who it was then of course they should be banned as the forum doesn’t need members like that 

However publicly naming them with bring with it a heap of trouble as you know as well as I do that some of the wankers on here will be digging deep for info from anyone that has had dealings with said member, classified sales etc in order to obtain address details, phone number, social media accounts extra 

Said muppet and no doubt linked family members then have their life made a misery and yet again the police are then involved much like the JC case a while back and many of you are then up shit street with the police on various charges 

What’s more is that some of you may then end up in a worse position should this person be mean and nasty enough to then single you out and track you down

Internet pitchfork bravado and pack mentality is all well and good and feelings are running high but the end game would harm the forums name. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom