Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• John_A said:
    @Digital_Igloo does Stomp have phantom power?
    Very much doubt it, there’s no xlr input
    Yeah I guess I'm just crossing my fingers that one of those balanced IO's have it :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @gibsongretschfan no phantom power as no XLR.

Had a bit more time with the HX Stomp and am liking it. It takes pedals pretty nicely (video below), so I'm going to try using it on the gig on Saturday I think...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    JohnCordy said:
    @gibsongretschfan no phantom power as no XLR.

Had a bit more time with the HX Stomp and am liking it. It takes pedals pretty nicely (video below), so I'm going to try using it on the gig on Saturday I think...

Nice playing! Really enjoyed that. 

Was the looping done by the HX or the freeze?
  • JohnCordy said:

John, nice playing and tones mate :)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    My thoughts having used the unit for one week. It's actually brilliant.

Cool form factor, but very robust
    Easy to use, although the screen is small
    Sounds great
    Super connectivity options

The only issue for me is the number of blocks - 6 is too few. That said I get around it by using some pedals so its not a major issue. I'll probably buy a rack at some point.

An excellent bit of kit to put on a pedal board. The best thing from Line 6 in years. Everyone should buy one.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @Wazmeister . @relic245 The Freeze is used to sustain that first chord you hear before the looping starts. The looping is done with the Ditto on my board! 

@Fretwired with the 6 stomps my first thought was similar, especially as I was trying to dual amps etc. At the other end of a pedal-board it can plenty though, and I've instead opted to mostly use dual cabs rather than dual amps.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    JohnCordy said:
    Thanks @Wazmeister . @relic245 The Freeze is used to sustain that first chord you hear before the looping starts. The looping is done with the Ditto on my board! 

@Fretwired with the 6 stomps my first thought was similar, especially as I was trying to dual amps etc. At the other end of a pedal-board it can plenty though, and I've instead opted to mostly use dual cabs rather than dual amps.
    I liked your video .. I think it is the best way to use the unit if you have complex requirements and it beats having to lug a rack or floorboard around as well as a pedal board. Good idea from Line 6.

Calling @rossyamaha ; .. Bill Vencil got his cables sorted and loved the HX Stomp .... mad video ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • JohnCordy said:

Cool video mate.

yeah I new there was no XLR but sometime you get a sneak 48v down a TRS so was just hoping, cheers 
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    In case you didn't know, you can get a few IRs from Line 6 if you sign up for them
    https://uk.line6.com/allure/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've never been a huge Line 6 fan, but this is the most interesting product (to me) that they've come up with in some time. I don't need one at all, but I like the size, price, and stereo ins, among other things.
  • Just got mine in the post today.....as a bit of a valve amp and couple of stomp boxes player for all of my career I have to say, it sounds like shit to me out of the box! Last multi FX I used was a Zoom 2100 when I was 13 so I am pretty out of my depth to be fair! 

Anyway, I brought this as a show that I'm doing next year requires a variety of effects that is way beyond my current pedalboard....also got a couple of big gigs in where amp failure isn't an option, so hoping to have it as emergency backup.

Any tips as to where to get started? Initially I'm not that fussed about amps, I just need to set it up with FX banks for different songs within this set that I'm learning. Need some delays, a tremolo, univibe, bluesy drive and potentially a clean boost to get started with.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    @Tom_Brookes_Music How do you have it set up?
  • What kind of amp are you using? Is it the FX you’re finding shit, or the amp models?

Ive been using mine so far into the clean channel of my JVM410 and I think it sounds great. Since amps are not FRFR, there will always be some tweaking required, but that’s half the fun for me.

However, I’ve always found Line 6 FX useable in any of their units and don’t feel like they need much tweaking to get them sounding to my own personal taste 
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited December 2018
    Just got mine in the post today.....as a bit of a valve amp and couple of stomp boxes player for all of my career I have to say, it sounds like shit to me out of the box!

Any tips as to where to get started?
    Assuming "out of the box" means factory presets then it will be awful.  My number one tip 1 is not to use the factory presets for anything. 

“He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • Yeah it was just a mess around with the factory presets......going into a 410 Blues Deville. Literally just straight in to the helix then in to my amp. Think that I need to watch some tutorials!

How crap is the tuner too?! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    What’s up with the tuner?? Mine works as it should for guitar and bass...
  • Yeah it was just a mess around with the factory presets......going into a 410 Blues Deville. Literally just straight in to the helix then in to my amp. Think that I need to watch some tutorials!

I would say that with something as complex as this, we maybe shouldn't really be expecting it to sound amazing right off the bat, as there's so much to tweak. The unit can't really be set up to sound amazing through any/every amp that any consumer will have. WIthout any tweaking, I found mine sounds much better through my Marshall than my Badcat, and I'm putting that down to the fact that the clean channel on my Marshall has a better EQ than the Badcat. The Badcat will need more tweaking of the amp/cab/IR's.

I agree with the tuner though, I don't like it. Not that it isn't accurate, it just seems a bit wobbly/all over the place

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Not sure if you disabled them but the presets will have amp models and cabs built into them already. So imagine micing up an amp and then feeding it through your Valve amp...it’s going to sound horrendous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @Tom_Brookes_Music what was your setup before? If you can give me a rundown of what you normally use from guitar to amp and the kind of tone you're looking for, I'll put together a starter preset for you and send it over. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Service!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922